Ariel Helwani hinting at Penn vs. Melendez?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Ariel Helwani hinting at Penn vs. Melendez?
FastKnockout
9/8/11 6:57:45PM
Would anyone be disappointed if the UFC announces @bjpenndotcom vs. @gilbertmelendez tonight? That feels huge to me.

From his Twitter. What do you guys think?
Poor_Franklin
9/8/11 7:01:09PM
since I'm the only one who voted melendez on the poll, I guess I'm the only guy on the site who'd be happy to see it. Me & of course Manny Bananny
FastKnockout
9/8/11 7:05:58PM
I'd like to see Fitch, but I wouldn't mind Melendez. I'm just trying to figure out Helwani's motives. It seems like he's just asking an innocent question, but he does that a lot. He gives small hints to situations behind the scenes and will sometimes use it in the form of a question.
grappler0000
9/8/11 7:09:39PM
I wouldn't mind seeing that fight. If you want to prove you're part of the elite crowd, BJ Penn is the perfect litmus test.
FastKnockout
9/8/11 7:11:07PM
Well, now Helwani just tweeted that they have Melendez in the studio, and Melendez said he threw his name in the hat but thinks it's Diaz's fight.
Twenty20Dollars
9/8/11 8:09:45PM
Penn vs Diaz, then later corrected the date to the 29th
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
kopower
9/8/11 8:11:12PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Penn vs Diaz, then later corrected the date to the 29th

Love it!!
prophecy033
9/8/11 8:20:31PM
The trash talk leading up to this fight is gonna be *EPIC*, B.J. will trash talk where GSP wouldn't

I actually like both these matchups better then the originals
Poor_Franklin
9/8/11 8:25:02PM

Posted by prophecy033

I actually like both these matchups better then the originals

as do i
kingsmasher
9/9/11 11:44:40AM
Well Penn Melendez makes no sense....

Why?

Cause BJ doesnt want to go back to lightweight...too much work for him...