For Argument's Sake.....

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » For Argument's Sake.....
CantAndleDaRiddum
8/22/08 3:16:21PM
BJ vs GSP imo will have more talent & athleticism in the octagon than there has ever been.

so, in your opinion, can any past fight, ring or octagon, beat it?

i know this is an arguable topic w/ no real answer...that's what these forums are all about right?
juanez13
8/22/08 3:27:06PM
Agree, although Cabbage vs Tank can defenately give them a run for their money.

billycarnage
8/22/08 3:34:21PM
Mirko CroCop vs Fedor is a contender but I agree with you.

This fight (BJvsGSP) will be way more intense than the last time that fought. I think it is safe to say they are both at the top of their game.
Rush
8/22/08 4:18:19PM
Chuck Norris vs. Bruce Lee
loller90278
8/22/08 4:42:06PM
jo son vs keith hackney

rob emerson vs ANYONE.
CantAndleDaRiddum
8/22/08 4:43:46PM

Posted by Rush

good answer, btw i got a chuck norris tat on my foot

casey64
8/22/08 4:51:09PM
I agree with you this fight has alot of people going nuts to watch, and I think it has someof the most potential.

But I think Chuck and Wandy.
aaa9erh8er
8/22/08 5:38:24PM
its up there but the chuck-wandy fight was full of talent.
also anderson-hendo was good but i think all skills will be displayed in this one the only way i see it going is to a descion
Mchubb316
8/22/08 6:26:31PM
From the standpoint of pure athletics, I don't know if two better atheletes, at the top of their game has ever fought. Also as far as being well rounded, no two more well rounded fighters have ever fought each other. I could be wrong, but it is my opinion. Fedor vs Crocop was a well rounded fighter versus a striker. Chuck and Wand are two great strikers. GSP vs Penn will be great no matter where it goes.
Darnok
8/22/08 6:43:22PM

Posted by Mchubb316

From the standpoint of pure athletics, I don't know if two better atheletes, at the top of their game has ever fought. Also as far as being well rounded, no two more well rounded fighters have ever fought each other. I could be wrong, but it is my opinion. Fedor vs Crocop was a well rounded fighter versus a striker. Chuck and Wand are two great strikers. GSP vs Penn will be great no matter where it goes.

This is the way I see it as well.

I mean we have (in my opion) 2 out of the top 4 pound for pound fighters in the cage at the same time. I don't recall this ever happening before.
Blizzard
8/23/08 12:23:07PM

Posted by Rush

But I think BJ vs. GSP 2 will be great.
I am torn, I want to see BJ stay w/ LW and clean the division out before moving up again, but I can't wait for this epic battle.
Boo_Radley21
8/23/08 6:29:07PM
Koscheck and GSP could make a case for the most athleticism because Kos has been recognized as one of the best pure athletes in the UFC and we all know GSP is.
CantAndleDaRiddum
8/23/08 8:29:10PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Koscheck and GSP could make a case for the most athleticism because Kos has been recognized as one of the best pure athletes in the UFC and we all know GSP is.

too early to say koscheck for me yet, i'd like to jump in the future & see koscheck 3 years from now

man thats 1 scary dude, as joe rogan would say

but imagine somethign scarier than that....

GSP 3 years from now
mikevolz
8/24/08 1:46:22PM
if melvin manhoef meets jacare that will definately rival it.

in terms of pure athleticism.

not really in terms of anything else
Jackelope
8/31/08 10:14:31PM

Posted by mikevolz

if melvin manhoef meets jacare that will definately rival it.

in terms of pure athleticism.

not really in terms of anything else

I think that will be one of the best strikers in the game vs. one of the best grapplers in the game. In terms of pure explosiveness Manhoef vs. Jacare would be a hard one to beat. Manhoef can explode on the feet at any time and Jacare can submit anyone at any time.
juanez13
8/31/08 11:17:23PM
Frank Shamrock vs Bas Rutten would be close to it, so would Bas vs Ken.