Your area's MMA credentials

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Your area's MMA credentials
« Previous Page
jakeiceman
3/2/09 1:00:28AM
Idaho is known for ass kicking potatos not fighters so I could only think of two off the top of my head.

The late Justin Eilers: lived in Nampa (Boise area) and trained at Team Hardcore. (Met him personally and he was an awesome guy) the list of guys he fought was impressive. RIP

Trevor Prangley: UFC/Strikeforce Vet

Lives and trains in Couer D' Alene, Idaho where he runs the Lion's Den Team Idaho.

Like I said not much but there is alot of talent coming up through the ranks right now.
chickmagnet
3/2/09 1:07:58AM
Up in Sacramento area:

James Irvin
Scott Smith
Urijah Faber
in Stockton there is Nate and Nick Diaz.
Pookie
3/2/09 4:00:55PM

Posted by chickmagnet

Up in Sacramento area:

James Irvin
Scott Smith
Urijah Faber
in Stockton there is Nate and Nick Diaz.

Yeah what he said, plus Gilbert milendez

And although its not MMA, the best 135 pound Bjj competitor in the world right now, Caio Terra, runs a bjj class in my city as well as Pleasant HIll, where he teaches Nate and Nick Diaz.
higdon10
3/2/09 5:25:25PM
The Louisville Ky area MMA scene is fairly bare. No notable fighters from the area really, but Junie Browning isnt to far away
papercut
3/3/09 5:25:14PM

Posted by Pookie

And although its not MMA, the best 135 pound Bjj competitor in the world right now, Caio Terra, runs a bjj class in my city as well as Pleasant HIll, where he teaches Nate and Nick Diaz.

we also have a BJJ world champion Luiz Claudio, technically he lives in brazil but one of his best students owns a school who is my instructors' main instructor. and he also makes regular trips up as well as traveling the world teaching seminars. the guy is a beast and hes only like 145lbs naturally.

a hl vid of his team.

L.C.C.T
ncordless
3/3/09 6:41:29PM
I live in Iowa.

We were holding MMA cards back when it was called NHB. There is usually at least one fighter from Iowa on every Zuffa card.

copcopps
3/3/09 7:16:21PM
Clay Guida, Matt Hughes, Jason Reinhardt and a couple others are names here in Illinois
bls1919
3/3/09 9:09:25PM

Posted by fedorwins1

PA:

Koscheck and Eddie Alvarez are all I can come up with....

Hell yeah. WAR Pennslyvania, Kos went to college an hr from my house at Edinboro, Also Frankie Edgar wrestled at Clarion U. And i Believe Tim Boetsch went to Lock Haven Univ. Which is in the middle of the state. Matt Riddle also started his MMA career in PA with the RAT PACK
papercut
4/15/09 2:29:49PM
dragging up an old post I know but I had the pleasure of training with Luiz Claudio again on monday and will hopefully be attending his seminar at my gym next monday. he is one of Rickson Gracies best black belts. I really wish I was old enough (and had the cash) to go down to Rio and train under him like some of the monkey bar gets to. Its really an honor for me to be associated with him and his team.
Pages: 1 [2]