aparrently mir vs velasquez is still on, according to dana white on twitter.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » aparrently mir vs velasquez is still on, according to dana white on twitter.
aussiemma
4/7/12 7:52:25PM
if this is true then who is going to face jds ? hendo has also put his hand up on twitter saying that he'd take the fight if offered ''for sure''.

i tell you what they better make a decision soon...
Pookie
4/7/12 8:22:28PM
They're not making a decision until after Overeem's next hearing on the 24th.

"Dos Santos will defend . . . UFC 146" - Dana

"Mir v. Cain will happen" - Dana

Werdum said he really wants to fight in Brazil at 147, especially since he was on the TUF in Brazil as a coach. But he'll talk to his team about whether he should except a title fight instead on short notice. He also said a loss right now could be really damaging to his chances at getting a title shot in the future. - My take is that he's very hesitant to take this fight on short notice.

Hendo said he'll take the fight.
Hunt said he'll take the fight.

Is there anyone else who's even a viable option?

I think the stars might just be aligning. Either Overeem pulls a miracle out of his hat, or we get a true underdog story going into 146 for the title.
State_Champ
4/7/12 8:51:33PM
WAR HENDO ???
jae_1833
4/7/12 10:43:31PM
They could just delay the belt, not unheard of in the UFC, and give the title shot to the winner of Barnett vs Cormier.
tcunningham
4/8/12 12:59:19AM
that would be a travesty to give the title shot to the winner of barnett/cormier. id much rather see them delay the belt or give it hunt, hendo, mir, or cain. i know dana said mir vs cain is still on but im sure he can retract that statement if he needed.
Twenty20Dollars
4/8/12 1:05:17AM
It would make absolutely no sense to keep the no.1 contender fight and lose the title fight.

Or put Hendo in for the title, when they are clearly better options, Mir, Hunt, Cain.
aussiemma
4/8/12 5:38:09AM
originally his testosterone results came back at 10-1 much higher than the limit of 6-1, but i just read on another mma site that his A sample was actually 14-1
AussiePride
4/8/12 5:46:16AM
I don't think Mark Hunt would be an appropriate replacement, Henderson might just be the best bet if Mir and Velasquez are still set to fight.
The Mir Velasquez fight seems to be a #1 contender fight... So why bring up a fighter with a lesser ranking and give them an undeserved title shot... Unless of course it's Dan Henderson who i believe is next in line for the LHW shot.
Kpro
4/8/12 8:05:31AM
Anthony Johnson might be an option.
prozacnation1978
4/8/12 9:28:18AM
Cain vs mir still on
And jds gonna defend no matter what

Dana is either lying or he has a wild option out there secret like signing fedor to fight or maybe randy coming out of retirement.

No way hendo fights. Wouldnt make sense why hendo and not mir. Won't be hunt.
Twenty20Dollars
4/8/12 1:14:39PM

Posted by Kpro

Tim Sylivia as well.
KingCmb
4/8/12 3:19:44PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Posted by Kpro

Tim Sylivia as well.

wes simms
Kpro
4/8/12 5:01:38PM

Posted by the-king

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Posted by Kpro

Tim Sylivia as well.

wes simms

I think we just came up with the official top 3 HW contenders.
prozacnation1978
4/9/12 12:39:48AM
I retract my statement
I wouldn't mind hunt.

At least it would be a striker duel.
And keep number one contender match intact

Have struve fight timmy slyvia