Aoki by sub 55% (22)
Aoki by (t)ko 0% (0)
Aoki by decision 10% (4)
Mach by sub 0% (0)
Mach by (t)ko 20% (8)
Mach by decision 15% (6)
Franklinfan47
3/27/09 6:51:51PM
This is another Dream bout that intrigues me. Mach won by decision in their first fight, but I'm thinking it may be different this time around. Mach obviously has the size and strength advantage being a natural ww unlike Aoki. In fact, I think thats probably how he won the first fight.

The fact that Aoki asked for this rematch makes me think that he has something up his sleeve. The ground advantage obviously goes to Aoki and the striking I give to Sakurai. The real question is, how well can the best (or one of the best) lightweights in the world do a weight division higher, similar to the situation in Penn vs GSP 2.

Personally, I think Sakurai is no GSP and Aoki's ground technique will be enough to secure the win this time around. I think once Sakurai takes him down, Aoki will be able to control the fight en route to a unanimous decision. Tough one to call.

Thoughts?

Aoki vs Sakurai 1
Twenty20Dollars
3/27/09 7:46:16PM
I also will be going with Aoki by decision but I wouldnt be suprised if Mach won it again by decision.
bls1919
3/27/09 9:17:43PM
I'm with you twenty, it ends in a UD either way. Although I could talk myslef into an Aoki Sub late.
Gipper
3/28/09 9:31:19PM
mach by knock out.........1st, 2nd, or 3rd he'll get him this time
gartface
4/1/09 11:58:48AM

Posted by Gipper

mach by knock out.........1st, 2nd, or 3rd he'll get him this time

Only two rounds in DREAM. I agree though that Mach takes this by a big KO.
pv3Hpv3p
4/1/09 2:36:57PM
Went with Sakurai bu (T)KO...

Aoki's got all the skill in the world and is probably one of the scariest guys to hit the ground with... But I guess it's just the intangibles for me...

I don't mean to talk **** about Aoki, but it just seems like he really doens't like taking punches and Sakurai hits HARD... I see this going down a little like Soki / Hansen II
RhythmAndStyle
4/1/09 5:22:25PM
cant f*ck with the man in the stretchy pants..Aoki via sub late 1st round..if u look at both careers..Aoki been hittin it big with top tier fighters..and Sakurai just been bangin with B,C class fighters..if anyone choosin Sakurai over Aoki..i think you're makin a big mistaken..goin against Aoki...
evilsmee
4/2/09 1:34:11PM

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

.Aoki been hittin it big with top tier fighters

i love aoki but his last win was against mr.hello japan Gardner, im pulling for mach by KO.
Pookie
4/3/09 3:28:41AM

Posted by evilsmee

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

.Aoki been hittin it big with top tier fighters

i love aoki but his last win was against mr.hello japan Gardner, im pulling for mach by KO.

and sakurai's last win was against someone 2-6-1
cowcatcher
4/3/09 10:50:59AM
if i ask what have you done for me lately aoki should win this based on recent performances. sakurai has been given a bunch of guys he should beat so hes been active but he hasnt really had to raise his game at all lately. not taking anything away from mach or his opponents of late, but aoki has been in there with contenders and top 10 guys, mach just hasnt. ill say aoki wins this but who knows, maybe mach has just been gearing up for a big fight with his recent opponents.
Wolfenstein
4/3/09 10:03:56PM
I think regardless of who wins, this fight is going to a decision. Who wins is probably going to be decided by how the fight is scored. Sakurai's topgame and GnP, or Aoki's sub attempts and control. If this were being scored in the US, I'd give the nod to Sakurai, but luckilly for Aoki it's being scored in Japan.
breakdown5
4/3/09 11:34:07PM
Aoki by sub. The dude is a boa constrictor on the mat, and he's willing to pull guard to get it there. Sakurai hasn't been super impressive as of late. If Sakurai keeps it up, its his fight to lose, but I just don't think that the fight won't hit the ground at some point. Because when it does, its stretchy pants snake time.
Khaos
4/4/09 11:44:28AM
I personally am going with Aoki, I think he's presently the better fighter, and I wouldn't be suprised if he won the tournament.
TJ_Husker
4/4/09 1:42:31PM
I think Aoki is the much better fighter at this point in time. While there is a chance he could get ko'd its more likely he controls the fight with his grappling wizardry and gets the sub late in the first round.
mach
4/5/09 7:43:10AM
mach
The_Ho_Bag
4/5/09 10:07:04AM
well i guess we all know mach beat aoki =[ i parlayed Mach,alessio and the guy who beat minowa i was so freakin close -__- could of won 95k -__-

i thought knees like that were illegal in dream
Franklinfan47
4/5/09 12:08:07PM
Talk about shocking Aoki really needs to work on his stand up game if he's ever going to be the #1 guy at lw.
The_Ho_Bag
4/5/09 1:10:22PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Talk about shocking Aoki really needs to work on his stand up game if he's ever going to be the #1 guy at lw.

i love aoki but he has no chin, i know he took knees to the face he really has no chin. i still FEAR the Stretchy pants
nickcuc547
4/5/09 3:32:04PM
I would love to see aoki fight without those gay spandex, if you ask me he won't be nearly as effective unless he can pull off a sub in the first two minutes of the fight.
The_Ho_Bag
4/5/09 6:48:51PM

Posted by nickcuc547

I would love to see aoki fight without those gay spandex, if you ask me he won't be nearly as effective unless he can pull off a sub in the first two minutes of the fight.

woahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh im going to call JJfreak and he will explain to you why those "gay spandex pants" are fearful.

he uses them for grip but i think he would be a little different with shorts on, i honestly don't think his game would be off by that much w/o his pants
bls1919
4/5/09 7:21:13PM
Mach laid it down. Aoki is still reeling from those knees.