Aoki vs Sakura to head Dream welterweights

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Aoki vs Sakura to head Dream welterweights
Mr_Dead_Sexy
3/13/09 2:36:42PM
Dream appears ready to kick off its first Welterweight Grand Prix in a big way, pitting No. 1 ranked lightweight Shinya Aoki – who has several past welterweight bouts to his credit – against former Top 10 ranked Hayato "Mach" Sakurai. MMAWeekly.com sources confirmed the planned bout on Friday.

The bout is the first known match-up of the opening round of the tournament and should be a popular choice for the fans in Japan. Both fighters are popular, successful fighters with strong followings in their home country.

LINK
EvenFlow
3/13/09 2:54:18PM
I think Sakurai will beat Aoki again but this time by KO, however, for my bad luck with Aoki, Sakurai will go on the parlay instead
nickcuc547
3/13/09 6:11:08PM
I hope sakurai buries aoki and takes advantage of the gaping hole in his game.
coldchillin
3/13/09 6:20:34PM
very interesting fight that could go either way...
mach
3/13/09 9:56:02PM
mach is going to decision his way to the title
lohmann
3/14/09 12:28:09AM
This was my choice for the finals. DREAM did something similar by pitting Calvancante and Aoki against each other to open the DREAM lightweight tournament.

I have no clue who wins. I'll just use my gut instead of my brain and pick Sakurai to knock him out late in the first round.
loller90278
3/14/09 12:47:15AM
i think sakurai is on the downside of his career. i'm picking aoki sub R2