Aoki Promises Groundbreaking Performance at Dream 8

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Aoki Promises Groundbreaking Performance at Dream 8
Wolfenstein
4/4/09 3:43:42PM
“Tomorrow will be the end of the era dubbed ‘vale tudo,’ as sogo kakutogo (Japanese for mixed, unarmed martial arts combat) will become MMA. I will show you all a new kind of martial arts fighting.”

“Generations change is what I mean,” he added. “I’ll be 26 years old this year. I want to do my best to change the era and to be sure that [fighters of] my generation become leaders in MMA.”

link
bojangalz
4/4/09 5:20:59PM
Groundbraking huh? Does this mean he's going to throw a punch?

In a related matter...My daughter has this backpack, it's a monkey and the arms and legs wrap around her as the straps. She calls it her "Aoki".
Amigop
4/5/09 1:55:51AM

Posted by bojangalz

Groundbraking huh? Does this mean he's going to throw a punch?

In a related matter...My daughter has this backpack, it's a monkey and the arms and legs wrap around her as the straps. She calls it her "Aoki".

hahaha funniest **** ive heard all day. how old is ur daughter?
bojangalz
4/5/09 6:53:07AM
She's going to be five years old soon. I was watching a DREAM replay and I don't even remember which Aoki fight it was, but he had his opponents back with both arms over the shoulders and both legs wrapped.

My daughter says, "He kind of looks like my monkey dad."

I said, "Nope, your monkey kind of looks like Aoki."

Now she just calls the backpack "Aoki".
Shawn91111
4/5/09 8:03:45AM
He did break the ground thats for sure
Trapt1nw0nder
4/5/09 10:43:57AM

Posted by Shawn91111

He did break the ground thats for sure

lmao... sure was groundbreaking performance!...

StorminYourman
4/5/09 2:41:43PM

Posted by bojangalz

She's going to be five years old soon. I was watching a DREAM replay and I don't even remember which Aoki fight it was, but he had his opponents back with both arms over the shoulders and both legs wrapped.

My daughter says, "He kind of looks like my monkey dad."

I said, "Nope, your monkey kind of looks like Aoki."

Now she just calls the backpack "Aoki".

Your daughter's backpack just got its ass kicked real bad
bojangalz
4/5/09 4:30:09PM
No lie... I'll have to turn the channel if she's in the room when the fight is aired.
team_demon_fighter
4/5/09 5:03:20PM
AOKI didnt lie, he made a groundbreaking performance! faster time by massive favorite to get knocked out.. good way to prove my point. he is not number 1,2, or 3 in his weight class. ppl hate on ufc too much and hype others to much. look at skills and judge correctly please!
ncordless
4/5/09 6:38:37PM
It was ground-breaking in that it stands as a shining example of why knees to the head of a downed opponent is so important to mma. Not only can they be really effective, they make it so ground fighters can not just sit there on the ground in north-south and similar positions.
Red-Dragon
4/6/09 1:03:39PM

Posted by ncordless

It was ground-breaking in that it stands as a shining example of why knees to the head of a downed opponent is so important to mma. Not only can they be really effective, they make it so ground fighters can not just sit there on the ground in north-south and similar positions.

Spot On, PROPS
JimiMak
4/6/09 2:10:18PM
it was a weird mistranslation, he said "orbital breaking", lol

team_demon_fighter
4/6/09 6:42:05PM

Posted by ncordless