Any Aoki news?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Any Aoki news?
MALICE
9/23/07 3:23:08PM
Has anyone heard any news on Aoki? If their in any negotiations. He has a sick ground game, and might be a good addition to the UFC.
Mv356
9/23/07 4:45:08PM
Svartorm
9/23/07 4:47:01PM
Hes a great fighter, but not exactly the most marketable guy in the US.
fedorwins1
9/23/07 4:50:20PM

Posted by Mv356

What's so funny about wanting a top 10 LW in the UFC?

The only thing that's funny is his rainbow pants...
Schizoidman
9/24/07 12:33:58AM
I know Aoki is featured on the Mastering the Rubber Guard dvd set by Eddie Bravo. That should be cool. He is a badass.
ffforgottenx
9/24/07 12:20:14PM
last I heard he either called out JZ or was called out by JZ after the tourney finals.. we will probably see him in HERO's in the future
AchillesHeel
9/24/07 12:28:04PM

Posted by ffforgottenx

last I heard he either called out JZ or was called out by JZ after the tourney finals.. we will probably see him in HERO's in the future

I wouldn't be surprised to see Aoki sign with HERO's either, but it was Gomi that JZ called out.
ncordless
9/24/07 12:32:55PM
Aoki is the man. If he could get down to 155 he would be a great addition to the UFC. I know I've heard Joe Rogan talk about him before, so I'm sure the UFC knows his game. The fact is though that Aoki can make alot more money in Japan where he is beloved than here in the States, where he is unknown outside of diehard MMA circles.
Schizoidman
9/25/07 4:30:15AM
Aoki, Dean Lister, Joe Rogan, and Eddie Bravo are all buddies. That could explain why Joe Rogan has talked about him. Too bad we don't see more people using an effective Rubber Guard. Randy Couture has even trained with Eddie Bravo, but he's never tried to add the Rubber Guard to his game. Then again, he's not on his back much either.
BigEvil
9/25/07 10:54:38AM
Aoki would be sick, but I agree with ahat everyone said about his moving to the states not making much sense.
thepunisher
9/25/07 11:13:57AM
[

Posted by ffforgottenx

I wouldn't be surprised to see Aoki sign with HERO's either, but it was Gomi that JZ called out.

Yeah Aoki Gomi he is the future of the LW division where have you been
MMA
9/25/07 1:02:25PM
Aoki would be sick, but as long as BJ Penn is in the division, I doubt he will ever be champion. BJ is a nightmare match-up for Aoki because he has amazing BJJ and good striking.

BJ would pummel Aoki in the stand-up and defend the TDs. Aoki would probably be forced to pull guard like he usually does, but I don't see him submitting BJ.