AOKI Vs JZ

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » AOKI Vs JZ
The_Ho_Bag
3/15/08 1:59:38PM
im confused what happened>?
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/15/08 2:00:22PM
jz elbowed aoki in back of head, called the fight. bummed me out almost totally. were it not for crocop i'd been very very upset
hotrodttt
3/15/08 2:03:17PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

jz elbowed aoki in back of head, called the fight. bummed me out almost totally. were it not for crocop i'd been very very upset

They weren't to head head, Hel elbowed Aoki on the back of the neck and on the part between the Shoulder and neck which is illegal.

We get to see Caol Uno vs Shaolin as part of the Tournament too
Mayhem13
3/15/08 2:25:17PM

Posted by hotrodttt

They weren't to head head, Hel elbowed Aoki on the back of the neck and on the part between the Shoulder and neck which is illegal.

what happens w/ JZ and Aoki?

who moves on.....

and it was a crappy end to the fight...but both fighters are warriors and respectable fighters..and I dont think Aoki was faking it (like a bunch of people are saying on forums)...i think the elbow hit a nerve..and resulted in numbness...which would be very hard to fight on with

and the Uno vs Vitor fight is a cool matchup..I think V takes it..but it should be good.
cmill21
3/15/08 2:34:50PM
I was talking to a friend from Japan and he said they tested his arms and there were parts that had no feeling in it, so he was not faking.
Cladrix
3/15/08 2:51:03PM
I wonder whats going to happen now?....... Do they rematch at the next event during the MWGP to see who moves on? Do they both move on to the second round?...... what will happen?
Manfred
3/15/08 3:08:10PM
If they don't rematch, Aoki should move on since JZ was the one who threw the illegal elbow
bullettdodger
3/15/08 3:09:25PM

Posted by cmill21

I was talking to a friend from Japan and he said they tested his arms and there were parts that had no feeling in it, so he was not faking.

Yeah when i watched he looked seriously messed up to me... Im getting tierd of reading posts where people are bashing him.. yeah he was losing (imo) but he hadn't lost yet.. and anything can happen in MMA, thats why we love the sport... just such a shame it ended like this.
hotrodttt
3/15/08 3:19:14PM

Posted by Mayhem13

Posted by hotrodttt

what happens w/ JZ and Aoki?

who moves on.....

and it was a crappy end to the fight...but both fighters are warriors and respectable fighters..and I dont think Aoki was faking it (like a bunch of people are saying on forums)...i think the elbow hit a nerve..and resulted in numbness...which would be very hard to fight on with

and the Uno vs Vitor fight is a cool matchup..I think V takes it..but it should be good.

JZ and Aoki are both going on to the 2nd Round and most likely Fighting each other.
The_Ho_Bag
3/15/08 7:49:38PM
wait so elbows are allowed in Dream or no ? sry if im a noob =p
warglory
3/15/08 8:36:26PM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

wait so elbows are allowed in Dream or no ? sry if im a noob =p

Don't be sorry, this is the first DREAM event and I doubt very many of his speak or read Japanese, so the rules may be cloudy too many of us. I believe that since both men were in a standing position, that elbows are legal, but on the ground, I doubt they are much like the rules are in HEROS. Also, soccer kicks and knees are probably illegal too (I haven't seen the entire card yet to be sure if any of these were used).
cmill21
3/15/08 8:38:43PM
Elbows to the body are legal anywhere just like pride. I have heard that JZ and Aoki will rematch at Dream 3, this was no fighter gets a buy and this fight will hopefully produce a decisive winner.
The_Ho_Bag
3/15/08 11:28:47PM
ahhh ok i get it now =]

jiujitsufreak74
3/16/08 12:36:20AM
here are the rules as i understand them:

-Stomps and soccer kicks to the head of a grounded opponent are not allowed, but they are allowed to the rest of the body. Though if both fighters are on the ground, they are allowed to the head.

-Elbows to the head are not allowed(Both standing or ground position).

-If there is a 15 kg or more weight difference between the fighters knees to the head of a grounded opponent are not allowed.

-Ground position in DREAM means a three point position (both feet and one hand). So for example, if a fighter has both knees and one hand on the floor, then no kicks to the head are allowed. (This rule was put in place to avoid ambiguous cases for soccer kicks, much like what occurred during the Misaki vs. Akiyama fight at Yarennoka)

-Dream allows knees to the head of a ground opponent
BlazinSaddle
3/16/08 12:39:22AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

-Stomps and soccer kicks to the head of a grounded opponent are not allowed, but they are allowed to the rest of the body. Though if both fighters are on the ground, they are allowed to the head.

-If there is a 15 kg or more weight difference between the fighters knees to the head of a grounded opponent are not allowed.

-Ground position in DREAM means a three point position (both feet and one hand). So for example, if a fighter has both knees and one hand on the floor, then no kicks to the head are allowed. (This rule was put in place to avoid ambiguous cases for soccer kicks, much like what occurred during the Misaki vs. Akiyama fight at Yarennoka)

really? knees on the ground to the head but no elbows, thats kinda dumb
warglory
3/16/08 2:03:51AM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

PRIDE allowed soccer kicks and knees, but no elbows.
cmill21
3/16/08 2:15:59AM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

IMO elbows cause more cuts.
Svartorm
3/16/08 5:06:03AM
Stupid MMA trivia: Yves Edwards smoked a guy by kicking him in the same nerve at UFC 37.5 (I think). I forget who it was, but the dudes arm stopped working altogether and he had to call off the fight.
jiujitsufreak74
3/16/08 12:20:47PM

Posted by Svartorm

Stupid MMA trivia: Yves Edwards smoked a guy by kicking him in the same nerve at UFC 37.5 (I think). I forget who it was, but the dudes arm stopped working altogether and he had to call off the fight.

his opponent was Joao Marcos Pierini and they ruled it a (T)KO. that is a serious nerve to hit and i am convinced Aoki wasn't faking. i only hope that he heals up so he can take on JZ again in the next round.
Svartorm
3/17/08 2:03:35AM
Thats it. I just remember the guy looking at his arm and was visibly shaken that he couldn't move the thing anymore.

I don't think Aoki was faking either, but he'll probably be fine in a few days. Usually stuff like that is short lived, unless its a pinched nerve, which could take some doing to go away.