Antonio Silva Wants Kimbo, May Fight Aleks Emelianenko Next

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Antonio Silva Wants Kimbo, May Fight Aleks Emelianenko Next
MMAcca
1/13/09 1:24:39PM
Antonio "Big Foot" Silva says he tried hard to get a fight wioth Kimbo Slice while the two were signed to EliteXC.

His manager Alex Davis repeatedly asked for the bout, but the matchmakers at the now-defunct organisation turned it down.

LINK
IriShame
1/13/09 1:36:51PM
First of all, of course he wanted Kimbo. What legit heavyweight wouldn't? You're basically getting a tomato can with name recognition. You can expand your own popularity with little to no risk of losing the fight. Best of both worlds. I would love to see him square off with Aleks though. A win for either fighter would do a lot to bump them up the rankings and put them in position for bigger fights.
gsquat
1/13/09 2:16:06PM

Posted by IriShame

First of all, of course he wanted Kimbo. What legit heavyweight wouldn't? You're basically getting a tomato can with name recognition. You can expand your own popularity with little to no risk of losing the fight. Best of both worlds. I would love to see him square off with Aleks though. A win for either fighter would do a lot to bump them up the rankings and put them in position for bigger fights.

You, sir, have said it all.
wiggum
1/13/09 2:56:52PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by IriShame

You, sir, have said it all.

double agree
ohiostate1016
1/13/09 3:02:45PM
Wonder how big a fight between Silva and Kimbo would be in Japan?
cmill21
1/13/09 3:42:38PM
Am I the only one who thinks Aleks would destroy him everywhere? lol
Wolfenstein
1/13/09 3:53:26PM
Hopefully he sticks with legit opponents like Aleks. I don't get why everyone is still calling out Kimbo. Everyone knows he was all hype, and it was confirmed after his bout with Seth. So what is Antonio going to prove by beating Kimbo? That he can beat a guy that just lost to a 205lb TUF washout?

I'd love to see him fight Aleks, but I don't think he'd survive. Antonio has all the tools, and he has looked awesome against low tier fighters, but when he steps up in competition he really doesn't elevate his game, instead he struggles against an out of shape Ricco Rodriguz and gets TKO'd by Eric Pele. I'm just waiting for him to get over the hump and prove he's a top HW.
motorboatensob
1/13/09 5:12:09PM
Way to aim high Antonio my seven year old is looking to take a fight how about that instead.
bls1919
1/13/09 6:21:26PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Wonder how big a fight between Silva and Kimbo would be in Japan?

I was thinking the same thing. They love bigfoot because of his size, but i don't know if Kimbo's exposure penatrated Japan heavily. If it did there is a huge market for it. I actually see Antonio fighting Choi at some point.