Antonio Silva: Even if he was 'created in a lab,' I want to fight Alistair Overeem

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Antonio Silva: Even if he was 'created in a lab,' I want to fight Alistair Overeem
FastKnockout
10/25/12 11:08:31PM
While it appears former Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem could be in line for a UFC title shot, it doesn't seem the "Demolition Man" is necessarily willing to wait for such a fight.

So if Overeem is intent in returning as soon as his suspension ends in late December, he's got a willing opponent: Antonio Silva.

"Bigfoot," who is coming off a recent win over Travis Browne, said he's more than happy to take on the massive Overeem, even if he was "created in a lab."

LINK
frizzzlecake
10/25/12 11:15:47PM
Don't do it Overeem! when or loss you will get injured!
isk
10/25/12 11:52:12PM
For a second I read this as Anderson Silva and got really excited.
Bubbles
10/25/12 11:53:42PM
that head is just a giant target for an Uberknee
cowcatcher
10/25/12 11:57:50PM

Posted by Bubbles

So you're saying Overeem is going to be out with a fractured knee?
kingsmasher
10/26/12 12:17:34AM
ID like to see this fight...
Bubbles
10/26/12 12:19:56AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Bubbles

yeah and he will recover in time to fight JDS/Cain winner on the American Thanksgiving card 2013. Makes perfect sense
prophecy033
10/26/12 1:09:01AM
Overeem would more than likely bust Silva up pretty good and win via tko
jae_1833
10/26/12 1:39:44AM
I'd love to see this....a perfect come back for the Reem! A big guy with a suspect chin, only decent stand up, lousy take downs.....don't see Bigfoot lating more than two rounds.
Poor_Franklin
10/26/12 5:26:11AM
Bigfoot or Overeem vs just about anyone is awesome. Bigfoot vs Overeem would be DOUBLE AWESOME!
george112
10/26/12 6:28:09AM
Make it happen
MMAcca
10/26/12 8:42:16AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Bubbles

airkerma
10/26/12 9:56:10AM
"Created in a lab"... so Overeem must be that 'new breed' of fighter they keep talking about!
landstander
10/26/12 10:02:33AM
Do you think Overeem would be getting this much attention if there wasn't a Brazilian hw champ (because Brazilians don't like to fight each other).
BillsNewAccount
10/26/12 10:14:05AM

Posted by jae_1833

I'd love to see this....a perfect come back for the Reem! A big guy with a suspect chin, only decent stand up, lousy take downs.....don't see Bigfoot lating more than two rounds.

The only thing suspicious about Silva's chin is that it's made of bone. Whatever hits that thing is going to break.
pmoney
10/26/12 10:33:35AM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by jae_1833

The only thing suspicious about Silva's chin is that it's made of bone. Whatever hits that thing is going to break.

Mike Kyle, Daniel Cormier, everyone breaks their shit on Bigfoot's jaw. I would be shocked if Velasquez didn't break his hand in their fight.

Silva's statements are kind of funny though. He's pissed hot himself and looks like more of a freak than Overeem
ghandikush
10/26/12 11:56:20AM
One of the easiest matchups for the Reem. They call this a tune up. Injury doesnt mean anything when JDS routinely takes 8 months between fights.
Chael_Sonnen
10/26/12 2:28:10PM
This is great....

If UBER was created in a lab, then bigFOOT was conceived from the traveling Brazilian Circus
ghandikush
10/26/12 5:54:59PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

This is great....

If UBER was created in a lab, then bigFOOT was conceived from the traveling Brazilian Circus LAB

Fixed
tmas
10/26/12 6:29:44PM

Posted by pmoney

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by jae_1833

Mike Kyle, Daniel Cormier, everyone breaks their shit on Bigfoot's jaw. I would be shocked if Velasquez didn't break his hand in their fight.

Silva's statements are kind of funny though. He's pissed hot himself and looks like more of a freak than Overeem

that i s what came to say.
sbulldavid
10/26/12 8:48:58PM

Posted by airkerma

"Created in a lab"... so Overeem must be that 'new breed' of fighter they keep talking about!

It was the HORSE MEAT that was doping