Antonio Silva -VS- Kimbo Slice ?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Antonio Silva -VS- Kimbo Slice ?
POLL: Who would win?
Silva by KO/TKO 44% (20)
Kimbo by KO/TKO 22% (10)
Silva by submission 31% (14)
Kimbo by submission 0% (0)
Silva by decision 2% (1)
Kimbo by decision 0% (0)
CornishMMA
11/12/07 8:37:06AM
I really think they should make this fight now, there are no other HW fighters in Elite XC that would be good opponents for either fighters (except Buentello or Overeem who are already fighting each other in Strikeforce).

Big Pele did crack Bigfoot and he didnt like it, it seems with his neaty head he could take a serious punch but he didnt like that one and maybe Kimbo's hands could hurt him as well and either prove Silva can be the real deal and take punishment and win, or propell Kimbo into the limelight with a win over a very credible HW who can test him either standing or on the ground with his quality BJJ

Who else wants to see this fight? if not who should they fight instead?
veritas
11/12/07 9:34:31AM
I would ONLY want to see this fight so people would shut their mouths as to how high and mighty of an MMA fighter Kimbo is. Once Antonio Silva pulverized him, then maybe he can do the same to Brock Lesnar. Send em back where they came from! The WWE and the hood! Good riddance
rcg916
11/12/07 11:15:45AM
I cannot condone this matchup, as I think it would result in the first death inside the cage in the history of MMA.

Who do I think would win? Ill give you a hint... It doesnt rhyme with "Bimbo".

tuvok500
11/12/07 11:27:18AM
Antonio Silva by KO or SUB !!!

Silva is for real and i think he can become a real good fighter in the ufc.

i can't say the same thing about Kimbo !!

ohiostate1016
11/12/07 11:30:58AM
I can't vote because I have no idea.

But as for the rest of you on this board, don't be so sure that Kimbo is a joke. I'm convinced that he is taking MMA seriously (money is a big way to convince someone), and I don't think that Bas Rutten is going to underprepare him for anyone. Sure, he'd get killed by most of the top HW's out there today (Fedor, Big Nog, Randy, Kongo, etc), but I think he may just be able to hang with Big Foot. Now I'm not even saying that he would win, but I think he may be able to hang with him.

I'm really disappointed in people on this board who could honestly throw this topic by the wayside and just say "Oh, Silva would kill him." Because that's not going to happen. Don't say that, joking or not. Kimbo is for real, and I can't wait until he shuts everybody up and you all are eating crow.
rabbit915
11/12/07 11:40:38AM
I agree that i think Kimbo is both taking MMA seriously and could be a great fighter a few years from now. However, i think Big Foot is going to be a serious contender for a title if he keeps dominating people. So while i think Kimbo would have a chance against most guys and that people should give him more credit, Big Foot would tear him apart.
tuvok500
11/12/07 12:03:12PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

But as for the rest of you on this board, don't be so sure that Kimbo is a joke. I'm convinced that he is taking MMA seriously (money is a big way to convince someone), and I don't think that Bas Rutten is going to underprepare him for anyone. Sure, he'd get killed by most of the top HW's out there today (Fedor, Big Nog, Randy, Kongo, etc), but I think he may just be able to hang with Big Foot. Now I'm not even saying that he would win, but I think he may be able to hang with him.

I'm really disappointed in people on this board who could honestly throw this topic by the wayside and just say "Oh, Silva would kill him." Because that's not going to happen. Don't say that, joking or not. Kimbo is for real, and I can't wait until he shuts everybody up and you all are eating crow.

Man , every fighters are taking MMA seriousely !!

Why Kimbo would be so special ? because he train with Bas ??

you will see him winning fight against low level fighter who don't want to fight, but as soon as they will test him against a real fighter with real talent and a great camp, i think he will be beat very easely !!

as for Antonio Silva, i really think that he can be a real contender in the ufc since he was able to make 265 !!

mrsmiley
11/12/07 12:13:37PM
I say Antonio Silva wins this.He has displayed good control with his reach advantage and is solid on the ground.I think Kimbo gets in some good shots,but Silva weathers the storm and wins with a TKO.
CornishMMA
11/12/07 12:22:41PM
Yep, short of 1 of those heavy Kimbo punches landing flush on Silva's chin like Pele did then i see this as domination by Bigfoot, would be great to watch though!
John_Jobber
11/12/07 2:40:38PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Dude you're on Kimbo's nuts so hard I think they're going to fall off! You must wave watched way too much youtube. Kimbo would get destroyed. Yes, KILLED even.

veritas
11/12/07 3:01:33PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Just because someone is paid enough money to convince you that they take something seriously has NO correlation to how they fair in MMA. (I$1,000,000 + 110% effort + Bas Rutten does not = 110% performance) His footage and technique (barnyard brawl/ streetfighting) is somewhat relevant to others (Tank Abbott) who seem to get repeatedly pulverized every outing. And...just because he trains "under' Bas, which I heard is a misconception as he trains AT Bas' place not WITH him, does not validate his skill level. What do you think fighters who train with Bas simply gain years of knowledge and formal training through osmosis. Will he be able to "hang" with anybody? Well it depends on what you mean by that. Any number of people off the street could possibly go in, dodge a few, eat a few, maybe even exchange a few, then get KO'd or tapped. Even MMA competitors get pulverized on a bad day. By saying he'd get destroyed is just a overzealous way of saying he'd most likely get beaten. It's not like this topic is being thrown to the "wayside", it's just an outward expression, on my part at least, because I think fighters like Kimbo, and Lesnar, were thrusted into the limelight through self-promotion and are furthermore anchored in claims of how they are going to crush the competition. I personally just don't see his performance being able to live up to the hype supporting his career thus far. As of now, he's a circus act until proven otherwise. And when and if he does beat the likes of Josh Barnett or Bigfoot or werars a UFC HW belt around his waist then please provide me with a plate of crow. But when he gets repeatedly embarassed by top tier fighters then perhaps it is you who might want to consider eating your own words, as I don't wish eating crow upon anyone...its too chewy.
pv3Hpv3p
11/12/07 6:03:59PM
Most people will agree that the Pele fight was an early stoppage... I think Silva could have easily kept defending himself, anyways all I mean is that fight doesn't say much for Silva's chin...

If Kimbo gets a couple of wins under his belt, then I can see this fight happening... But it's way too soon, right now... The most logical fight I see happening here is Kimbo vs Cabbage (if he's still fighting)...

As for Bigfoot, they are going to have trouble finding him opponents... That guys a beast...
Mayhem13
11/12/07 6:10:50PM
I dont think they should put Kimbo up against Silva yet, they atleast need to give him a "mediocre" fighter that fights back before putting him up against an "above average" fighter...

but I am not counting out Kimbo yet, I think if Bas sees as much potential inthis dude as he says...then he may have a shot at some good things....but that said...I havent seen anything that was too impressive yet either...so I am still undecided
NatedawgThaM
11/12/07 9:06:49PM
Kimbo comes out throwing, Antonio catches him off balance and takes him down and subs him in 1-2 minutes...
CornishMMA
11/13/07 6:00:09AM
Arent they pretty much the only HW fighters in Elite XC? they could give Kimbo Weizorek i spose but that would be pretty weak imo, i just think they should make this fight now, Kimbo is bad for the sport with his lebel of internet brawler and it would be good to show that a much better well rounded fighter can beat him

Im thinking they will make this fight for the Elite XC HW title that doesnt exist yet, unless they sign other HW's they have no choice

*(note there were rumored Shaw was going to sign Barnett so he would be a great fight for Silva)*
D0wnUnd6e6r
11/13/07 11:03:28AM
Too early for kimbo to be taking on those kinds of dudes.
CornishMMA
11/13/07 11:13:58AM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Too early for kimbo to be taking on those kinds of dudes.

then who? tank? another can with a losing record?

Id suggest Buentello as they had beef before on the UG where Paul tried to make the fight happen a year ago
mrsmiley
11/14/07 8:56:46AM
What about that guy that was the EX football player.I can't remember his name but he had long hair.
rcg916
11/14/07 11:46:42AM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Thank God for teh Ban
cowcatcher
11/14/07 11:51:14AM
silva should win this fairly easily, but pele was able to ko him, so kimbo does have the proverbial punchers chance. the only thing is if silva takes this to the ground he should be able to do whatever he wants with kimbo and that stacks the odds in bigfoots favor in a big way.
KeNn
11/15/07 10:43:54PM
Obviously none of you guys have followed Kimbo. He's tough as nails.

I've seen kimbo let a dude 300lbs punch him in the face 5-6 times and not even flinch. then punch the other dude once and K.O him. Kimbo may be getting over-rated but it pisses me off how people totally over look him. Look at his fights and admit it he means business.

I will put money Kimbo Slice First round K.O Maybe second round, Kimbo might feel bad and toy him. Kimbo is by far the toughest fighter ever. he's like the new mike tyson of mma.
CornishMMA
11/16/07 6:49:17AM

Posted by KeNn

Obviously none of you guys have followed Kimbo. He's tough as nails.

I've seen kimbo let a dude 300lbs punch him in the face 5-6 times and not even flinch. then punch the other dude once and K.O him. Kimbo may be getting over-rated but it pisses me off how people totally over look him. Look at his fights and admit it he means business.

I will put money Kimbo Slice First round K.O Maybe second round, Kimbo might feel bad and toy him. Kimbo is by far the toughest fighter ever. he's like the new mike tyson of mma.

.............................. god i hope so anyway!!!!
KeNn
11/16/07 8:11:21AM
I know, I know.

But you watch, look how fast kimbo has ended his first fights.
and it was pure domination, not just a lucky punch.
veritas
11/16/07 10:34:45AM

Posted by KeNn

I know, I know.

But you watch, look how fast kimbo has ended his first fights.
and it was pure domination, not just a lucky punch.

And look who they were against! TOP LEVEL "MMA" FIGHTERS, WELL KNOWN AND RESPECTED...
KeNn
11/16/07 8:51:30PM
Well we'll see,
Kimbo is tough. He's not a very well rounded fighter, but I don't he'd be easy to put on the ground.

I don't see why you guys don't like him / think he's tough.
he's VERY tough. and a very wise fighter. He may look like a hobo,
but he's a very strong dude.
veritas
11/17/07 7:02:24AM
It's not that I don't like him, sure I enjoy watching those internet brawls, and the prospect of transitioning to MMA is respectable. No doubt the dude has some KO power and some natural talent, but the buzz around him has everyone hyping him up to take the HW division by storm. He's FAR from the complete package, sure he's a FUN, intriguing component to any fight card, but its almost just like Bob Sapp with better fists, he's a draw, a circus act. I don't dislike him, I dislike how hes being promoted. Thats the best way of putting it

Now Brock Lesnar I do not like. He has the balls to call out Fedor, Couture, any of the big dogs and has such a self-enhanced egotism it makes me want to see his face get caved in by Fedor and have the ref accidentally turn the other way until he has been pounded out of existence. He reeks of inflated arrogance without any basis for validity, actions speak a whole lot louder than words and until he proves himself against someone of notable recognition, shut the yapper and save the shit talkin for the real pros.

The main difference between Kimbo and Lesnar, Kimbo seems like a bitchin guy. He likes to fight, hes got a God-given talent, and wants to pursue it. He doesn't talk like he's the best, and he's taken the necessary steps to show a successful transition into MMA. Its just how he's being promoted (as if it were Don King involved) that has people hating on him. Lesnar, however, he's just a self-inflated, all talk, arrogant prick who people want to get beaten so badly that he runs back to his fake wrestling career with his tail between his legs.

Really Dana White? You sign Lesnar over Josh Barnett, ahhh I hate you sometimes!
KeNn
11/17/07 10:56:25AM
Brock Lesnar will get punched out, I doubt he'll last in the UFC.
but maybe I'll be wrong.

and I have to agree with you, Kimbo has a very strong will to fight.

P.S my buddy brought something else up the other day, he has a really BIG beard, you think it's to help him not get k.o'd? helps protect his jaw?
I dunno but we got to thinking, but im not to sure how much a big thick beard would help you with a solid kick to the jaw.
Jackelope
11/17/07 1:46:28PM

Posted by veritas

It's not that I don't like him, sure I enjoy watching those internet brawls, and the prospect of transitioning to MMA is respectable. No doubt the dude has some KO power and some natural talent, but the buzz around him has everyone hyping him up to take the HW division by storm. He's FAR from the complete package, sure he's a FUN, intriguing component to any fight card, but its almost just like Bob Sapp with better fists, he's a draw, a circus act. I don't dislike him, I dislike how hes being promoted. Thats the best way of putting it

Now Brock Lesnar I do not like. He has the balls to call out Fedor, Couture, any of the big dogs and has such a self-enhanced egotism it makes me want to see his face get caved in by Fedor and have the ref accidentally turn the other way until he has been pounded out of existence. He reeks of inflated arrogance without any basis for validity, actions speak a whole lot louder than words and until he proves himself against someone of notable recognition, shut the yapper and save the shit talkin for the real pros.

The main difference between Kimbo and Lesnar, Kimbo seems like a bitchin guy. He likes to fight, hes got a God-given talent, and wants to pursue it. He doesn't talk like he's the best, and he's taken the necessary steps to show a successful transition into MMA. Its just how he's being promoted (as if it were Don King involved) that has people hating on him. Lesnar, however, he's just a self-inflated, all talk, arrogant prick who people want to get beaten so badly that he runs back to his fake wrestling career with his tail between his legs.

Really Dana White? You sign Lesnar over Josh Barnett, ahhh I hate you sometimes!

Actually, that's a very good post.