Antonio Rogerio Nogueira Would Like To Coach TUF Brazil 2 Against Shogun Rua

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Antonio Rogerio Nogueira Would Like To Coach TUF Brazil 2 Against Shogun Rua
Budgellism
8/6/12 8:06:04PM
After Mauricio "Shogun" Rua picked up a win over Brandon Vera at UFC on Fox 4 on Saturday, he was not granted the UFC light heavyweight title shot he had hoped for. So the big question was simple - what's next for Shogun? The Ultimate Fighter Brazil 2 will be kicking off soon, and it was all but confirmed that Shogun was going to be a coach on the show against Lyoto Machida before this recent light heavyweight kerfuffle. Since that's clearly out the window now with Machida getting a title shot, who could coach against Rua?

Enter Lil' Nog.

LINK
Budgellism
8/6/12 8:07:29PM
Their first fight is easily in my top 5 favourite fights of all time list. I'd be all for this, even if it doesn't make the most sense.
pmoney
8/6/12 8:48:13PM

Posted by Budgellism

Their first fight is easily in my top 5 favourite fights of all time list. I'd be all for this, even if it doesn't make the most sense.

This works on so many levels! The fight would be excellent. The time would probably serve both men well. Both are very famous in Brazil.... I would have liked to see Lil Nog come back sooner, but I am all for this idea.
Poor_Franklin
8/6/12 9:13:02PM
makes total sense to me
FastKnockout
8/6/12 9:20:32PM
I'm up for it. Vera did great against Shogun but I still would consider Lil Nog the better opponent, so it wouldn't be a step down in competition.
frizzzlecake
8/6/12 9:57:55PM
I can Honestly see Lil Nog taking this with Ease if Dough Boy Shogun shows up. Little Nog has some nasty Body punches/elbows, just ask Tito.
BossHog
8/6/12 10:10:33PM
Book it!

War LIL NOG!!!

BANANA!
tcunningham
8/6/12 10:20:30PM
for a lack of many other options for coaches, i guess i'll be ok with this. not too excited though, neither fighter is very exciting anymore.
george112
8/6/12 10:21:24PM
Really not a bad idea. Huge stars in Brazil. Make it happen
Chael_Sonnen
8/6/12 11:07:40PM
I love the fight - - -

But, I don't want to hear brazilian chants for every leg kick again for the TUF fights....the ten people who watched the season for Wand vs Belfort is testament.

If I want to read subtitles in Portuguese, I will simply re-watch 'City of God' again on Blu-ray in the safe confines of West Linn
Bubbles
8/6/12 11:57:05PM

Posted by Budgellism

FastKnockout
8/7/12 1:29:19AM

Posted by tcunningham

for a lack of many other options for coaches, i guess i'll be ok with this. not too excited though, neither fighter is very exciting anymore.

You're kidding, right? Aside from Coleman and Bonnar Shogun has been nothing but exciting (See highlight reel knockouts and Vera/Henderson)
ThaAxeMurderer7
8/7/12 4:41:28PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by tcunningham

You're kidding, right? Aside from Coleman and Bonnar Shogun has been nothing but exciting (See highlight reel knockouts and Vera/Henderson)

Bonnar? But yea, a healthy Shogun is generally exciting and Lil Nog is fun as well. I don't know about watching TUF but I'll certainly watch their fight.
Wolfenstein
8/7/12 5:23:15PM
I guess it makes sense sort of...I sometimes forget Lil Nog is even in the UFC since he fights so infrequently. Other option I'd be interested in would be Thiago Alves and Demian Maia.
prozacnation1978
8/7/12 6:56:33PM
I would like to see that fight.

Or give forrest griffin lil nog fight