Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Wants Brock Lesnar or Frank Mir Next

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Wants Brock Lesnar or Frank Mir Next
emfleek
9/24/09 1:48:20PM
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira says he's ready to fight anytime, and hopes to fight for the title or avenge his most recent loss if he has his way.

"I want Brock Lesnar for sure," said Nogueira, who rebounded from a UFC 92 loss to Frank Mir by defeating Randy Couture by unanimous decision at UFC 102 in August. "I want to fight him. But I would fight Frank Mir also. That's my second choice."

STORY
SamPan
9/24/09 1:55:27PM
I see two sick matches but 2 losses
emfleek
9/24/09 1:57:15PM

Posted by SamPan

I see two sick matches but 2 losses

I disagree. I definitely see Nog losing to Brock, but I think Nog would take it to Mir this time...and again in the rubber match.
Wallass
9/24/09 1:57:19PM
Nog would beat Mir in a rematch, I think they should make that rematch happen for sure.
Jackelope
9/24/09 2:09:16PM
I'll take Mir again in a rematch.
emfleek
9/24/09 2:11:33PM

Posted by Jackelope

I'll gladly accept that avatar bet, if the fight happens.

Jackelope
9/24/09 2:24:37PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Jackelope

I'll gladly accept that avatar bet, if the fight happens.

Not big on av bets, but hit me up if/when
emfleek
9/24/09 2:27:26PM

Posted by Jackelope

Not big on av bets

Well our av bet won't make you any bigger on 'em...

wrona666
9/24/09 3:49:28PM
I think NOG wins either of these fights........
prozacnation1978
9/24/09 3:56:14PM
i would rather see him fight cro cop but if he wants those fights he is gonna have to wait like 8 months to get them
emfleek
9/24/09 3:59:38PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i would rather see him fight cro cop but if he wants those fights he is gonna have to wait like 8 months to get them

I would agree if you were talking about the Cro Cop of old. However, I don't think the fight would even be competitive between the 2 these days.
crushedbacon
9/24/09 4:05:58PM
I've always been a Big Nog fan.....but it was hard to get to 'know' him earlier in this decade (Pride days). But now that MMA is blowing up on the other side of the atlantic, we've got a chance to get to know Nog. I just love the guy, his insight on things, his approach, his sense of team....everything. I think he'll hammer Mir this time. Don't want to be the one to make excuses but the Nog that was at 92 is not the same dude that destroyed Randy.....such better physical condition, its sick.
Hopefully Nog will be fighting Carwin next.
george112
9/24/09 4:25:07PM
i got big nog by UD against mir.

brock on the other hand is a whole other animal.hes just plain to strong for nog end of story.
1daveufc
9/24/09 4:28:03PM
I think he beats mir but loses to brock unless he gan weather the early storm and may be armbar brock.
Boo_Radley21
9/24/09 5:12:17PM
Nogueira vs Mir is still a toss up to me if it happens again...but I see Lesnar being too much for Nog to handle. There isn't anyone right now that I can see being able to deal with his size and athleticism.
StorminYourman
9/24/09 7:27:05PM
Gotta love Nig Nog.
Always after the best out there!
Also he beats Mir in a rematch.
jae_1833
9/24/09 10:21:24PM
I see Nog beating Frank in the rematch as well, I also see him getting that fight a lot easier and sooner. Brock is tough to call for me though, maybe Nog could sub him....I don't know...with the way he controlled and beat on Frank. It may just take Fedor. God and I used to dis on all the Brock huggers.....not bad but I used to say give it time, let's see him fight top talent...ect.