Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Announced at UFC 69

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Announced at UFC 69
Gogoplata
4/7/07 11:13:12PM
Watching UFC 69 right now, Dana just announced Minatauro's arrival to the UFC! Exciting news!
Ydoc
4/7/07 11:53:27PM
That's awesome. A grappler like him is really oging to raise hell in the cage... if Fedor goes to Bodog UFC now easily has the better heavyweight division.
Manfred
4/8/07 1:04:16AM

Posted by Ydoc

That's awesome. A grappler like him is really oging to raise hell in the cage... if Fedor goes to Bodog UFC now easily has the better heavyweight division.

Of the Top 10 PRIDE will only have:
Barnett
Aleks
Hunt

Can you believe 6 months ago Pride had 8 out of 10? Only AA and Sylvia for the UFC?
DoTheMMAth
4/8/07 1:05:30AM

Posted by Ydoc

if Fedor goes to Bodog UFC now easily has the better heavyweight division.

6 months ago who would have ever thought that someone could say that with a straight face? Gotta tip your hat to the powers-that-be @ UFC. Mad kudos
madmarck
4/8/07 1:09:48AM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by Ydoc

if Fedor goes to Bodog UFC now easily has the better heavyweight division.

6 months ago who would have ever thought that someone could say that with a straight face? Gotta tip your hat to the powers-that-be @ UFC. Mad kudos

6 months ago who woulda thought that:
UFC buys Pride
Diaz chokes out Gomi WITH A GOGPLATA
Henderson beats Wand BY KO
Serra beats GSP BY TKO
lil Nog gets KO'd in under a min by Soduka a unknown fihgter.

2007 is not even 4 months in and i have crapped my self almost every big event. I need a Diaper its getting so bad.
Manfred
4/8/07 1:17:45AM
Even if EVERY favored fighter wins for the rest of the year, 2007 will STILL go down as the year of the upset.

Certainly keeping things interesting and preventing the UFC from making long term plans!
hippysmacker
4/8/07 2:21:22AM
Thank God. I guess this means all those rumors about Big Nog having eye surgery and going partially blind in one eye are crap.Nog/cro-cop 2!
BadSanta
4/8/07 2:29:18AM
Why is Fedor being a complete pain in the ass and not signing with the UFC? Let's get this shit done already.
THE_AXE_MURDERER
4/8/07 2:47:24AM
Looks like if Mirko beats Randy which will happen he wont have the title for long.
Statik
4/8/07 3:53:05AM
they should feed Frank Mir to Nogueira
pv3Hpv3p
4/8/07 4:19:51AM

Posted by Statik

they should feed Frank Mir to Nogueira

Yikes... I don't like Mir much either, but that's just plain mean

There are some really good matchups for him in the octagon...

I would love to see him fight big Tim, Andrei, Vera...

I think a match between him and Napao would be a great ground war...

And of course CC / Big Nog II...

I see that this means the UFC or Zuffa or whoever made amens with BTT after the Busta thing... That's the best news I've heard in a while... Best camp in MMA, IMO...

Look at what the UFC has done to it's HVYW div in the past year or so... It was laughable for a while, and now it is arguably the strongest HW div on the planet... Wow, well done
JimiMak
4/8/07 4:30:12AM
This whole year has been crazy. What if Nog loses his 1st feeder match? We've seen stranger things happen recently. Fedor has still to fight. What if Matt wins? That would negate the "top 2" in many books. How far down would that drive his price? Then if Randy beat CC?... I'm not tryin to get hysterical, I'm just sayin... We don't Know now. Crazyness is happening. I bet, if you look up old Sherdog threads, theres ppl s'posed to to all sorts of weird shit they would never do... cuz they were sayin it about a "sure thing". No such thing. This year has flipped a lot upside down, I'm glad (except for my record). There's a lot of real life turmoil happening right when ppl are getting exposed. They mite watch a guy like serra and think he's awesome, cuz he beat GSP. So what'll they think of BJ's comeback leading to a Serra "two best JJ guys in MMa, New Scool vs Old School" . Sounds like a great headline in the making (of course, after BJ KO's Pulver)
BerndRealBad
4/8/07 4:38:50AM
If Nog loses his first feeder match, there is something wrong with the world, not just the world of MMA, but the world on a whole. 17-3 PRIDE record is damn impressive on its own, and he's probably the closest a person has come to defeating the almighty Fedor. Somewhere I wonder if Cro Cop was like 'yeah, in UFC...now I'm the best heavyweight'. Then they brought in Big Nog and was like '...wait...him? really? oh...' Not saying he can't beat Big Nog...I'm just having fun because I stayed up for PRIDE and am bordering sleep deprivation.
JimiMak
4/8/07 4:47:29AM
Agreed there'd be something wrong w/ the world. Doesn't mean it has a 0% chance of happening. I like spoilers, I like to see these events that **** w/ rankings and huge underdogs winning. I just wish I had a better gut for pickin them.
We'll never get the drama of scripted works. I'm not sayn I want that, but I get bored thinkin one guys will always win. I like to think each fight is a competition. That's why I'm glad to see guys like serra win.
cowcatcher
4/8/07 11:44:24AM
i guess the ufc doesnt want crocop to be their unbeatable golden boy which is what it looked like just a few months ago. every time something happens in mma this year something else comes along and tops it. its a good time to be a fan right now
Mastodon2
4/8/07 11:51:06AM
Well, Cro Cop is still top of the UFC pile imo, Nogueira is second. Yeah Nog has a victory over CC, but I dont think he could do a repeat performance.

Nog could take out anyone else in the division though.
ncordless
4/10/07 12:32:20AM
This move really makes me wonder what the long term plan is for UFC/Pride.
Mastodon2
4/10/07 10:13:49AM

Posted by ncordless

yeah it seems like UFC is sucking the life out of Pride a bit
nubby
4/10/07 11:58:22AM

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by ncordless

yeah it seems like UFC is sucking the life out of Pride a bit

I wouldn't worry about it. It seems like pride is more geared for farming new talent than the UFC is.
cowcatcher
4/10/07 12:27:09PM
well when i saw a few weeks ago that sakikbara went to brazil and tried to sign shogun and wandy and the nogs i kind of figured that whoever didnt sign might end up coming to ufc because all those guys knew what was going on as far as pride being in talks to sell the company. this way they could kind of choose what banner, pride or ufc, they wanted to fight under or even move on to another org.
Lets_Do_This
4/13/07 2:13:36PM
It's good for the Orgs, balancing the scales a bit I think.