Antoni Hardonk - A Dangerous Work in Progress

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Antoni Hardonk - A Dangerous Work in Progress
aznteabagger
7/20/07 12:30:24PM
If you were building the prototypical UFC heavyweight, you would probably come up with someone closely resembling Holland’s Antoni Hardonk: Six foot four, 245 pounds, trained in kickboxing by Ernesto Hoost, schooled in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu by Rickson Gracie, and blessed with a fighter’s heart and the willingness to learn.

LINK
NME
7/20/07 12:39:59PM
If his fight with McCully is any indication, he is much more a work in progress than he is dangerous.
jahdoug
7/20/07 12:46:18PM
apparently he needs a few more sessions w. Rickson, he couldnt lock in an armbar when McCully was begging for it at a few different junctures in the bout. They should match him up w. some other striker who'll be willing to trade on the feet, perhaps Kongo if he falls to CC.
Lethal
7/23/07 2:48:07AM
After seeing him fight I am fully convinced that it is not about the style or the person you train under. It really is all about the athlete.
DeepStrike
7/24/07 10:43:52PM
Give the guy a break!

Do any of you train BJJ, kickboxing, wrestling, judo, etc?! How would you like "one" fight to be the grand total of your abilities?

Wow, judge much?

It was a good article, let's see what Hardonk has learned. Mir should be a decent test of his TD.

I know it is easier to pass judgment and make biting remarks, so carry on!
Lethal
7/25/07 7:06:12PM
Alright, I'll give him a chance. If he does well this fight I will be the first person to give him his props.