Most Anticipated Fight Ever?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Most Anticipated Fight Ever?
DirtySouthBoss
2/21/07 4:30:56PM
If things go as planned for Cro Cop then he thinks that by the end of the year he will be both the UFC HW Champ and fighting Fedor on New Years. If the UFC and Pride champs fight each other for Fedor v. CC 2 I think that it would have to be considered the biggest matchup of all time for MMA between casual and hardcore fans alike.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do;jsessionid=E4CA4AC1F2CFF1872FD97C9E78095042.hydra?id=1428458

As for leaving the UFC ,he answers that in part one of the interview.I'll paste it here
Mirko: "I will be the UFC champion in three matches."

That's great but would the UFC's president Dana White let you have a title match within three fights?

Mirko:" Actually he(Dana White) was going to match me up with Tim Sylvia. I guess Tim ran away(laughing). Right now I am very hungry. I want to fight every 2 and a half to three months. I want to have the belt by the summer and have a fight in the fall, then fight in Japan on New Years."
In Japan?

Mirko:" Yes. Pride and the UFC are rival organizations, but I think I can bring them together. You will have Pride's Champion Fedor and UFC champion and Pride Open weight Champion me. This is my real hope."

I got this interview from hippy... Props dude
hathcock32
2/21/07 4:47:13PM
who cares that fight is still a year a way....and cro cops still got fights to win. As of now im more pumped about guys he hasnt faught AA, Big Tim
waylon_o
2/21/07 4:59:32PM
I would much rather see Cro Cop fight Cotoure than Sylvia. Hopefully that is what we will end up seeing anyway. But more than either of those, I want to see CC fight Arlovski. I think that will be a great fight.
DirtySouthBoss
2/21/07 5:02:18PM
I know but that is why I just asked it as a question. A lot of people do feel that CC is favored to have the belt by the end of the year.

No doubt I definetly want to see him fight AA and Silvia in the mean time.
fedorwins1
2/21/07 5:02:43PM
Man I really hope Dana and Sakibara(sp?) don't mess this up for us, seriously this fight HAS to happen soon, while they are both on top of their game. It's so tough to call, because CC has improved soooo much and Fedor is well Fedor and he's a monster and pound for pound #1 in the world. I still think that Fedor pulls it out in that CC groundgame is nowhere near Fedor's.
richieb19
2/21/07 5:05:21PM
Ken Shamrock Vs. Tito Ortiz at UFC 40 was probably the most anticipated match to date. If Wanderlei Silva Vs. Chuck Liddell where to happen I bet that would probably take the cake.
hippysmacker
2/21/07 5:21:22PM

Posted by richieb19

Ken Shamrock Vs. Tito Ortiz at UFC 40 was probably the most anticipated match to date. If Wanderlei Silva Vs. Chuck Liddell where to happen I bet that would probably take the cake.

Wandy/Chuck has to be the most debated topic in the history of american MMA IMO
fedorwins1
2/21/07 5:28:03PM
The best thing is that these two matches might happen! Anyway did you hear on Pride FC the other night on FSN that Pride was the one who set everything up for the UFC for Chuck vs Wandy and that the UFC was the one who is backing out of it?
mmadb
2/21/07 5:42:02PM
Giant Silva vs. Akebono for sure.

It had classic written all over it. I don't know what happened though.
THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/21/07 5:51:42PM
Wanderlei Silva vs Chuck Liddell is the most anticipated fight ever although Cro Cop Fedor is a great fight it doesnt have what the Silva Liddell fight has since Fedor obvisously has fought Mirko before.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
hippysmacker
2/21/07 6:06:06PM

Posted by fedorwins1

The best thing is that these two matches might happen! Anyway did you hear on Pride FC the other night on FSN that Pride was the one who set everything up for the UFC for Chuck vs Wandy and that the UFC was the one who is backing out of it?

I wouldn't beleive anything either side says about this, because none of us can prove anything. They both blame eachother., Only Dana/Sakibara and God know the truth. This I firmly beleive Wandy and Chuck are both warriors, and want to fight eachother
richieb19
2/21/07 6:06:43PM

I want to ****...I want to fight with Chuck...

http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/search/chuck%2Bliddell%2Bwanderlei%2Bsilva/video/xyafl_wanderlei-silva-vs-chuck-liddell
Playground_Samurai
2/21/07 6:13:12PM
Since CC vs. Fedor has already happened once, my most anticipated fights are, (in no particular order)

Chuck/Wanderlei

Chuck/Shogun

Shogun/Wanderlei

Wanderlei/Lil Nog
DirtySouthBoss
2/21/07 6:15:34PM

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

Wanderlei Silva vs Chuck Liddell is the most anticipated fight ever although Cro Cop Fedor is a great fight it doesnt have what the Silva Liddell fight has since Fedor obvisously has fought Mirko before.

Could very well be true. Each would be crazy. I wonder what it would take for both of these fights to happen in about a years time. Chuck and Wandy would sell the fight because they dont like eachother while CC and Fedor are pretty boring with their pre-fight actions. The point was to just see which fight people preferred.

I wish Fedor would rush the Octagon after CC's next fight and give him the stare down.
Snacks
2/21/07 6:37:10PM
Matsune/Hokazowno
fedorwins1
2/21/07 6:40:02PM

Posted by Snacks

Matsune/Hokazowno

Man you know more japanese fighters than anyone else in the world! I've never heard of these two fighters and I'm sure the casual fan and even some hardcore fans haven't heard of these two so it def. wouldn't be the most anticipated fight ever, this is also the UFC and Pide FC forum so those two would be out of the question.
hippysmacker
2/21/07 6:55:56PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by Snacks

Matsune/Hokazowno

Man you know more japanese fighters than anyone else in the world! I've never heard of these two fighters and I'm sure the casual fan and even some hardcore fans haven't heard of these two so it def. wouldn't be the most anticipated fight ever, this is also the UFC and Pide FC forum so those two would be out of the question.

They are shooto bantamweights and their fights are hard to find.
Here's an address where yo ucan buy some if you wish
http://www.tapesforsale.com/shooto.php
evilman
2/21/07 7:10:58PM
hmm crocop/fedor is one.. but probably not any more.
things have become dull with fedor kinda getting back into it..
and crocop leaving to ufc.

wand/liddell is also anticpated. perhaps @ pride 33 he can mention it again.

and ofcourse there is bob sapp vs mike tyson lol!
madmarck
2/21/07 10:43:20PM

Posted by waylon_o

I would much rather see Cro Cop fight Cotoure than Sylvia. Hopefully that is what we will end up seeing anyway. But more than either of those, I want to see CC fight Arlovski. I think that will be a great fight.

Why do you hate Randy? I think his Ear might Take Cro Cops LEg if he threw the LHK.
hahahahha. Man i would much rather watch Tim get KTFO then Randy. I hope Randy does beat Tim though. Its funny how Tim is saying Bring on Fedor all the time (at least he used to) but he never responded to Jerome Le Banners Challenges.
hippysmacker
2/21/07 10:57:21PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by waylon_o

Why do you hate Randy? I think his Ear might Take Cro Cops LEg if he threw the LHK.
hahahahha. Man i would much rather watch Tim get KTFO then Randy. I hope Randy does beat Tim though. Its funny how Tim is saying Bring on Fedor all the time (at least he used to) but he never responded to Jerome Le Banners Challenges.

Actually he did
http://www.bloodyknux.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16312
theres the address

I'll paste the part where he answers

BK: There's also been some rumors about you and Jerome Le Banner doing some trash talking on the internet.

TS: Jerome Le Banner hasn't been talking to me. There's some guy going around with a fake myspace and account and he says he's me. That's who he's been talking trash with is him, not me. It's kind of funny . Both of them are being idiots really if you ask me. I don't talk a lot of trash. I think everyone knows that. People accuse me of a lot of things. Would I fight him? Oh, absolutely. I fight anybody they put in front of me. Whoever the UFC says, I'll do it. If he wants to get in the ring with me then I'll knock his ass out in the UFC.

It's actually a good interview if anybody wants to read the whole thing
Gogoplata
2/21/07 10:58:17PM

Posted by waylon_o

I think CC v. Couture is the better overall matchup. But that doesn't mean I want to see it.

What I want to see is a slow, slow death for Tim Sylvia at the hands of Cro Cop. I want Cro Cop to break Timmy's will. I think after all the snorefest fights he's made us pay for recently, he deserves a good LHK to the dome. Maybe a couple. I want to see his punk ass get laid out. I don't think Randy will beat Tim, and I think this is your most likely matchup. AND the one I personally want to see as well.

WAR ANYONE BUT TIMMY!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
OB_Juan
2/21/07 11:00:32PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by madmarck

Posted by waylon_o

Actually he did
theres the address

BK: There's also been some rumors about you and Jerome Le Banner doing some trash talking on the internet.

TS: Jerome Le Banner hasn't been talking to me. There's some guy going around with a fake myspace and account and he says he's me. That's who he's been talking trash with is him, not me. It's kind of funny . Both of them are being idiots really if you ask me. I don't talk a lot of trash. I think everyone knows that. People accuse me of a lot of things. Would I fight him? Oh, absolutely. I fight anybody they put in front of me. Whoever the UFC says, I'll do it. If he wants to get in the ring with me then I'll knock his ass out in the UFC.

Dude, that's a freaking awesome interview.

Here's my favorite part.

BK: Let's talk about The Ultimate Fighter for a second. What do you think of the show?

TS: I think Ken's an idiot...
OB_Juan
2/21/07 11:03:26PM
I would have to say Fedor/Mirko 1 was the most anticipated fight to date.
Chuck/Wand is probably the most in the foreseeable future.
hippysmacker
2/22/07 11:14:40PM
I'd like to add Chuck vs Randy 3. Rubber matches always have a significant amount of anticapation, as you can usually see exactly how each guy could win. I'm really looking forward to Hughes/GSP 3 as well.
JimiMak
2/22/07 11:55:09PM
Maybe I'm wrong, according to y'all, but I think Chuck/ Randy II was , not built up more - but anticipated more, for casual fans. That's matches that've happened.

I think Chuck / Wandy has enoutgh hype to be the biggest, if done right after negotiations (meaning it has good setup but... ) My biggest is Chuck / Shogun. I'm also lookin forward to any match where Time shows his worth a little more.
Manfred
2/23/07 2:40:49AM
Chuck/Wandy probably, followed by Fedor/CC 2. But the most anticipated fight that never happened (and never will) for me is Rickson/Sakuraba
hippysmacker
2/23/07 3:18:26AM

Posted by Manfred

Chuck/Wandy probably, followed by Fedor/CC 2. But the most anticipated fight that never happened (and never will) for me is Rickson/Sakuraba

Excellent point, but then again Rickson vs anybody for the last 7 years has been a myth. I think he just likes to talk.
Khon_Nan
2/24/07 9:06:01PM
I really wanna see CC vs Wanderlei 3, but somewhere in the back of my head theres still a tiny fantasy/desire to see Schwarzenegger vs Stallone :P

madmarck
2/24/07 9:58:51PM

Posted by hippysmacker
Actually he did
theres the address

Sweet man. Although he does say he would take the fight. He didnt work for it.
I love how the reporter spelled Andrei, andre every time.
Great post.