Anthony "Rumble" Johnson has laser eye surgery. - MORE INFO

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Anthony "Rumble" Johnson has laser eye surgery. - MORE INFO
npayant
7/24/08 11:10:16PM
"Anthony “Rumble” Johnson had to get laser surgery today because Kevin Burn’s finger damaged the retina of his eye."

Man, I hope he has a full recovery and is back soon!

Knoxxgear's Blog

A couple of pics are there too.

Here is a longer article just released from MMA Weekly
king_katool
7/24/08 11:13:42PM
if this is not enough to get it overturned to a NC, i dont know what you would need
npayant
7/24/08 11:16:54PM

Posted by king_katool

if this is not enough to get it overturned to a NC, i dont know what you would need

No kidding, something needs to be done in my opinion.
SpiderSilva
7/24/08 11:20:46PM
At least the UFC paid for it I heard eye surgery freakin hurts I had an old boss who had a retna tear he said they can numb around the eye but not the eye. said somthin like they shoot this laser right into your eye
xposipx
7/24/08 11:31:05PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

At least the UFC paid for it I heard eye surgery freakin hurts I had an old boss who had a retna tear he said they can numb around the eye but not the eye. said somthin like they shoot this laser right into your eye

Laser eye surgery doesn't hurt at all. You can smell the eye burning which is gross, but no pain whatsoever is involved.
Pitbull09
7/25/08 1:46:04AM
This just makes me more and mroe mad at Mazzagotti
emfleek
7/25/08 9:36:29AM
...stop humping the frickin' laser!

stock
7/25/08 10:20:03AM

Posted by xposipx

Posted by SpiderSilva

Laser eye surgery doesn't hurt at all. You can smell the eye burning which is gross, but no pain whatsoever is involved.

Agree, except that smell isn't even the eye burning. It is the molecules in the air bursting from the laser.
xposipx
7/25/08 5:25:13PM

Posted by stock

Posted by xposipx

Posted by SpiderSilva

Agree, except that smell isn't even the eye burning. It is the molecules in the air bursting from the laser.

Yeah I didn't know, thanks. Either way it kind of turns your stomach a bit.
npayant
7/26/08 12:05:59PM
There is another article. See original message.