Anthony Pettis to face winner of Ben Henderson vs. Gilbert Melendez at UFC On Fox 7

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Anthony Pettis to face winner of Ben Henderson vs. Gilbert Melendez at UFC On Fox 7
FastKnockout
1/27/13 12:27:18AM
Following his incredible win over Ben Henderson at WEC 53, Pettis was promised a UFC LW title shot that got brushed under the rug. Now, two years later, an equally impressive win over Cerrone has finally got him back to contendership.

Link
Budgellism
1/27/13 12:32:46AM
Pettis/Bendo II is going to be awesome.
prophecy033
1/27/13 12:37:26AM

Posted by Budgellism

Pettis/Bendo II is going to be awesome.

not to get ahead of myself but....yes it is
infestructure
1/27/13 12:56:13AM
Loved his 'showtime' knee
Manak
1/27/13 2:00:53AM
no dont you go and ruin this Gilbert Melendez, i want bendo/pettis 2
aussiemma
1/27/13 3:54:22AM

Posted by infestructure

that was so fucken awesome ! nobody else does that shit but him, so original !

screw bendo vs melendez, i would rather see pettis v bendo 2 instead.
prozacnation1978
1/27/13 8:05:55AM
I think he will get his title shot now.
cowcatcher
1/27/13 8:08:32AM

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by infestructure

that was so fucken awesome ! nobody else does that shit but him, so original !

screw bendo vs melendez, i would rather see pettis v bendo 2 instead.

Every time he steps into the cage he does something we've never seen before. He's the most creative guy in MMA, I can't see how anyone couldn't like him...except maybe Leonard Garcia since he beat up his BF.
Travesty145
1/27/13 8:41:08AM
pettis is gonna get schooled by henderson this time. guida beat pettis with wrestling. people seem to be forgetting that
sparky
1/27/13 9:50:02AM
SHOWTIME

I hope Pettis lands something flashy and knocks out Bendo this time.
airkerma
1/27/13 10:28:46AM
what sparky said. Pettis is the man, I love seeing tko's starting from a liver kick. My liver can sympathize after last nights raging
shaneTpain
1/27/13 10:46:34AM
Bendo/Pettis 2 HAS to happen!!
Bustamante-Aoki
1/27/13 12:20:49PM
Lol, What happened to Eddie Alvarez' title shot?

It's no surpirse that Pettis is getting the next shot at the belt.

After Edgar vs Aldo they'll probably announce Lamas as the next challenger also.

It's going to be great. I'm taking Pettis, if Melendez doesn't beat Bendo first.
Bubbles
1/27/13 12:44:56PM
So Melendez vs Pettis
Budgellism
1/27/13 2:33:43PM

Posted by Bustamante-Aoki

Lol, What happened to Eddie Alvarez' title shot?

He's still dealing with the Bellator issue and most likely will be for a while. The judge ruled he can't fight at 159.
Tyzzler
1/27/13 8:49:57PM

Posted by Travesty145

pettis is gonna get schooled by henderson this time. guida beat pettis with wrestling. people seem to be forgetting that

I don't think anyone is actually forgetting that, and while I'm about the biggest Showtime fan out there, Bendo's wrestling does worry me too after the Guida fight. BUT, he has trained a LOT of wrestling with Askren, arguably the best MMA wrestler in the world, since the Guida fight. That coupled with the fact that Bendo is a little more interested in proving his worth Guida with his boring fights & "win is all that matters" attitude, has me thinking that the fight will again be a majority standup fight.
Tyzzler
1/27/13 8:51:28PM
And for the love of God PLEASE don't tell me that the upcoming Bendo/Melendez fight is another one of those "SO good it deserves an immediate rematch" bs fight!
prophecy033
1/27/13 10:16:09PM

Posted by Tyzzler

And for the love of God PLEASE don't tell me that the upcoming Bendo/Melendez fight is another one of those "SO good it deserves an immediate rematch" bs fight!

It all depends on how it plays out. If its a draw, close or controversial fight then I could see a rematch