Anthony Pettis drops to 145, meets UFC champ Jose Aldo on Aug. 3

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Anthony Pettis drops to 145, meets UFC champ Jose Aldo on Aug. 3
« Previous Page
Playground_Samurai
2/5/13 1:53:30PM

Posted by pmoney
why is this not happening until August? you would think June or July would work, but whatever....

Yeah, defiantly shitty it's that far away. I think 3 title defenses a year should be standard, barring injury that requires them to be out longer. 4 would be great, but I do understand they have lives outside of fighting and they need time off here and there. So hopefully whoever wins, defends in December so they can at least notch 3 fights this calendar year.
prozacnation1978
2/5/13 2:17:52PM
Great fight
Will be in the states my guess is probably
In Texas or Boston

I doubt Vegas or Brazil
Twenty20Dollars
2/5/13 2:20:00PM
I know life isn't fair, but that's why I'm standing up for it and trying to make it fair.

Im guessing any contender now can get a shot at a different division title.

So, Lamas should be texting Dana to give him a 135 title shot.
postman
2/5/13 2:37:31PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I know life isn't fair, but that's why I'm standing up for it and trying to make it fair.

Im guessing any contender now can get a shot at a different division title.

So, Lamas should be texting Dana to give him a 135 title shot.

Not a bad idea but he has no name value.
thrizy
2/5/13 3:00:20PM
Pettis sat around last time for a title shot against the winner of Edgar and Maynard.

He would have had to do the same thing again considering that Henderson and Melendez aren't fighting until April.

I like this move on Pettis to take a shot at gold again.

And it doesn't surprise me that the UFC went through with it. Dana loves it when fighters want to fight.

WISCONSIN!!
Poor_Franklin
2/5/13 3:28:16PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

BeeR
2/5/13 4:15:58PM
Bubbles
2/5/13 10:55:01PM

Posted by Budgellism

I'm fine with Lamas vs. The Korean Zombie though. The winner of that fight should have no problem getting a title shot. Especially if they put it on another Fox card.

I'd rather Lamas for the title, KZ vs Siver for title shot after that (seeing as both are currently hurt and need a top fight anyways when they come back), and Swanson/Poirier winner is another win away from a title fight
bjj1605
2/6/13 12:54:58AM
Credibility has gone out the window.

Don't care if its a more exciting fight. This is supposed to be a sport.
prophecy033
2/6/13 1:17:11AM

Posted by gartface

You'd have to be a corpse not to be excited about this matchup.

have you ever met teh kingsmasher?
jjeans
2/6/13 11:59:44AM

Posted by bjj1605

I agree but I make exceptions for Aldo Pettis!
bigrand826
2/7/13 9:05:25AM

Posted by bjj1605

This is how I feel about it too. Don't get me wrong, this is an exciting matchup, but this is completely against the sport-aspect. The last LHW challenger was a MW and so is the next. The last FW challenger was a LW and so is the next. I get it, but these things annoy me. It is not like there are not contenders.
Pages: 1 [2]