Anthony Pettis to challenge Jose Aldo on August 3

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Anthony Pettis to challenge Jose Aldo on August 3
Manak
2/8/13 12:15:33PM
http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/8916638/anthony-pettis-drop-ufc-featherweight-take-jose-aldo

FC lightweight contender Anthony Pettis will drop a weight class and face featherweight champion Jose Aldo on Aug. 3. UFC has not yet determined a site for the event, but venues in Texas, Chicago, Las Vegas and Rio de Janeiro are being considered. Promotion president Dana White confirmed plans for the bout to USA Today on Monday. "These guys are two of the most amazing, gravity-defying athletes in the sport," White told the newspaper. "I am so pumped for this fight."

Made it official, i guess with mendez getting bendo, pettis did not wanna wait for title fight.
kopower
2/8/13 12:46:57PM
postman
2/8/13 12:55:24PM
Holy cow!
Poor_Franklin
2/8/13 1:49:34PM
i hope no one realizes that we might have one guy hold a belt in 2 weight classes soon. some people really hate that kinda stuff. not me though.
Dberntson
2/8/13 3:28:43PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i hope no one realizes that we might have one guy hold a belt in 2 weight classes soon. some people really hate that kinda stuff. not me though.

That would be pretty impressive, but my only issue is that it will hold up one if not both divisions. If the champ could fight 4 times a year (twice in each division) then it would be pretty cool. If he only wants to fight twice a year (once in each division), it would suck.

I have a feeling that if Pettis wins, the UFC would ride the publicity to the bank, and then eventually ask him to vacate one of the belts once the novalty wore off.
Manak
2/8/13 4:55:58PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

hell yea, how crazy would it be for guy to hold 2 belts at the same time. that is stuff of legends and I wanna see it.
Goatenstein
2/8/13 4:56:42PM

Posted by Manak

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/8916638/anthony-pettis-drop-ufc-featherweight-take-jose-aldo

FC lightweight contender Anthony Pettis will drop a weight class and face featherweight champion Jose Aldo on Aug. 3. UFC has not yet determined a site for the event, but venues in Texas, Chicago, Las Vegas and Rio de Janeiro are being considered. Promotion president Dana White confirmed plans for the bout to USA Today on Monday. "These guys are two of the most amazing, gravity-defying athletes in the sport," White told the newspaper. "I am so pumped for this fight."

Made it official, i guess with mendez getting bendo, pettis did not wanna wait for title fight.

Melendez is fighting Henderson.