With Anthony Johnson out of TUF 9 Finale, Matt Brown follows suit

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » With Anthony Johnson out of TUF 9 Finale, Matt Brown follows suit
MMAcca
5/21/09 3:22:53PM
Just one day after Anthony Johnson (7-2 MMA, 4-2 UFC) was forced to bow out of his June 20 fight, original opponent Matt Brown (9-7 MMA, 3-1 UFC) has done the same.

Sources close to the bout informed MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that Brown has elected to rest and heal some nagging injuries rather than seek a replacement opponent.

Both fighters have been removed from the UFC's official listing of The Ultimate Fighter 9 Finale, which airs live on Spike TV.

LINK
Khaos
5/21/09 3:59:13PM
That is unfortunate, I hope the replace it with a good fight, maybe have Drawl vs Mike C. main card if it ain't already.
Twenty20Dollars
5/21/09 4:17:37PM
I wonder if Johnson and Brown are going to fight at a later event or just get different opponents.

Im hoping for the second one, because I like both guys.
Bloodhound
5/21/09 8:53:51PM
too bad i was looking foward to this fight. hopefully we get to see them fight eachother before the year is over
941_Florida_Boy
5/22/09 12:39:34AM
Seems like Anthony has had a hard time staying healthy. Between the un-intentional eye-poke and now this, hope when he returns he comes back with a vengeance.