Anthony Johnson says Lesnar and GSP are far from UNbeatable ( Video...kinda)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Anthony Johnson says Lesnar and GSP are far from UNbeatable ( Video...kinda)
joshryanshepherd
7/30/09 8:34:37PM
postman
7/30/09 9:18:23PM
hmmmmm boring but im bored so thanks
gartface
8/1/09 12:56:51AM
What has Anthony Johnson done for the sport? The guy somehow got in Frank Mir's half guard and got him in a full nelson with one arm and pounded Mir's face into hamburger... The fight was boring? Give me a break...

Johnson has potential but what has he done?
slapshot
8/1/09 1:09:44AM

Posted by gartface

What has Anthony Johnson done for the sport? The guy somehow got in Frank Mir's half guard and got him in a full nelson with one arm and pounded Mir's face into hamburger... The fight was boring? Give me a break...

Johnson has potential but what has he done?

Absolutely nothing...
theKirK
8/1/09 9:00:51AM
hes not saying nething new. of course they are not unbeatable. no one is. good job stating the obvious.
gartface
8/1/09 12:40:07PM

Posted by theKirK

hes not saying nething new. of course they are not unbeatable. no one is. good job stating the obvious.

It's not that he was stating the obvious, he stated it in a really arrogant way as if he has done something that either of the guys he's criticizing have. Who is Anthony Johnson's key win? Kevin Burns? Big deal. Who's his big loss? Rich Clementi. He took the fight on a few days notice, but it was from what I remember, Clementi's last fight at 170 and he had his way with him. He needs to be quiet until he does something notable.
mkiv9secsupra
8/1/09 12:59:05PM
Rumble was only telling the truth. Brock did NOTHING special. His saving grace is his size and the ONLY reason Brock is winning. Also Johnson never made one outrageous claim in the interview. Anyone who is upset over this may just be buttsore he was talking about their favorite fighter.
gartface
8/1/09 1:02:45PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Rumble was only telling the truth. Brock did NOTHING special. His saving grace is his size and the ONLY reason Brock is winning. Also Johnson never made one outrageous claim in the interview. Anyone who is upset over this may just be buttsore he was talking about their favorite fighter.

I think there's something special about the way a guy can maintain position on the ground with a guy who is a top 10 if not top 5 brazilian jiu-jitsu heavyweight. To say size is the only reason he was able to keep his position in Mir's half guard and put him in a full nelson from the front and tactically tear Mir's face apart is hard to believe.

The guy has great technique especially with transitions on the ground.
mkiv9secsupra
8/1/09 1:06:00PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

I think there's something special about the way a guy can maintain position on the ground with a guy who is a top 10 if not top 5 brazilian jiu-jitsu heavyweight. To say size is the only reason he was able to keep his position in Mir's half guard and put him in a full nelson from the front and tactically tear Mir's face apart is hard to believe.

The guy has great technique especially with transitions on the ground.

Honestly, you think a guy with Valasquez's size would have done the same thing to Mir?
gartface
8/1/09 1:25:20PM
I'm not saying his size had nothing to do with it, I'm just saying it takes more than just size to do that. I don't know though, the way that Cain was throwing Kongo around I wouldn't be surprised if he could.
mkiv9secsupra
8/1/09 1:40:31PM

Posted by gartface

I'm not saying his size had nothing to do with it, I'm just saying it takes more than just size to do that. I don't know though, the way that Cain was throwing Kongo around I wouldn't be surprised if he could.

yeah i agree that it takes more than size. Lesnar was a NCAA wrestling champ and im sure that was a major factor in it but i believe that if Lesnar was only around 235lbs he would be 0-5 right now.