Anthony Johnson Vs. Jake Rosholt Scheduled For Xtreme Fight Night 8

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Anthony Johnson Vs. Jake Rosholt Scheduled For Xtreme Fight Night 8
FastKnockout
7/29/12 12:46:24AM
No, you aren't reading that headline incorrectly. Anthony Johnson, who just had his fight confirmed with Esteves Jones for Titan Fighting Championships earlier this week, has another fight booked for September. The former UFC welterweight will take on former WEC and UFC middleweight Jake Rosholt in Tulsa, Oklahoma. MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani broke the story:

Just days after it was announced that the former UFC welterweight would make his light heavyweight debut at Titan 24 on Aug. 24 versus Esteves Jones, Xtreme Fight Night, an Oklahoma-based promotion, announced on Friday that "Rumble" would meet Jake Rosholt at XFN 8 on Sept. 21 in Tulsa, OK.

LINK
infestructure
7/29/12 12:55:27AM
'Fumble' Johnson

'Crumble' Johnson

Definitely not 'Rumble' Johnson
Budgellism
7/29/12 12:58:17AM
Nice fight
Twenty20Dollars
7/29/12 1:17:54AM
Jake fighting at LHW?

Seems like forever ago he fought in the UFC. I guess it was 3 years ago. Always thought he should have gotten another fight, went 1-2, but it was loss, win, loss. Not back to back L's
prophecy033
7/29/12 1:25:34AM
I like the Johnson/Rosholt figjt a lot better than the Johnson/Jones fight. But it seems like he's putting the horse before the carriage here, your supposed to fight your current fight before you schedule a fight. But he will more than likely beat Jones so no harm no foul, right
jae_1833
7/29/12 2:01:48AM
I have a hard time picking Johnson against anything except cans nowadays......I feel that Johnson will be 1-1 after his fight Jake.
ghandikush
7/29/12 2:53:41AM
Johnson by mass destruction? Rosholt had mass potential.
sparky
7/29/12 8:43:39AM
If Rosholt can put Johnson on his back I think he will get the submission, If he cant get Johnson down I think Johnson will put a hurtin' on him.
prozacnation1978
7/29/12 9:35:06AM
Is it a middleweight bout or light heavyweight
BeeR
7/29/12 10:53:49AM
airkerma
7/29/12 11:26:34AM

Posted by infestructure

'Fumble' Johnson

'Crumble' Johnson

clearly you've never been around him for weigh ins, cutting 40lbs leaves anyone with a rumbling tummy.

Both of these gentlemen have the talent to be successful, yet not quite top 10/15 MW in the UFC. I was all aboard the Rosholt bandwagon when he subbed Leben from his own guard. He just kinda fell off after he got cut, which was a big disappointment to me. I don't think he will be anywhere near big enough to deal with a LHW Rumble. Still waiting for Johnson to chill with Dolce and get a real diet plan going.
BeeR
7/29/12 11:34:01AM
Im going to go with crumble....cake johnson
BuffaloDave
7/29/12 3:11:53PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Is it a middleweight bout or light heavyweight

Super Heavyweight.
meier
7/29/12 6:29:06PM
Zzzzzzzz....
ghandikush
7/29/12 6:45:08PM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by infestructure

'Fumble' Johnson

'Crumble' Johnson

clearly you've never been around him for weigh ins, cutting 40lbs leaves anyone with a rumbling tummy.

Both of these gentlemen have the talent to be successful, yet not quite top 10/15 MW in the UFC. I was all aboard the Rosholt bandwagon when he subbed Leben from his own guard. He just kinda fell off after he got cut, which was a big disappointment to me. I don't think he will be anywhere near big enough to deal with a LHW Rumble. Still waiting for Johnson to chill with Dolce and get a real diet plan going.

Dolce gets a lot of hype, for what? Can someone tell me his accolades working with fighters? I honestly do not know.
BuffaloDave
7/29/12 7:06:59PM

Posted by ghandikush

Dolce gets a lot of hype, for what? Can someone tell me his accolades working with fighters? I honestly do not know.

He's pretty much the go to Nutritionist for fighters that have trouble making weight or looking to get very lean. Since Thiago Alves used him, he has made weight in all of his fights.
ghandikush
7/29/12 9:02:11PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by ghandikush

He's pretty much the go to Nutritionist for fighters that have trouble making weight or looking to get very lean. Since Thiago Alves used him, he has made weight in all of his fights.

Thanks.