ANTHONY JOHNSON ARRESTED & CHARGED WITH 2 FELONIES (UPDATED)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » ANTHONY JOHNSON ARRESTED & CHARGED WITH 2 FELONIES (UPDATED)
emfleek
7/10/09 11:16:37AM
UFC welterweight, Anthony Johnson, was arrested in Hayward, CA with 2 separate felony charges, and a misdemeanor charge for events that took place there on June 27.

When contacted by MMAWeekly.com on Thursday, representatives from the Hayward, CA Police Department confirmed Johnson's arrest, along with the charges he faces. According to the report, Johnson was held for 2 felony charges which included penal code 422 for criminal threats, and penal code 591, for damage to a power line, which according to police representatives usually means cut telephone lines.

STORY
emfleek
7/10/09 11:20:01AM

"It has come to our attention that an email is being circulated with false and misleading information pertaining to Mr. Anthony Johnson. On behalf of Mr. Johnson we would like to address this issue. On June 27th Mr. Johnson was arrested in Hayward California and was charged with misdemeanors stemming from an alleged altercation with an ex-girlfriend.

Mr. Johnson is completely and unequivocally innocent of all charges. These charges are completely outside the realm of Mr. Johnson’s character; he has no prior criminal record and has never been in trouble with the law. Furthermore, any assertion that the UFC played a part in posting his bail or in covering up the incident is completely untrue. Unfortunately, professional athletes are frequently made the victim of such false accusation.

As this has been a stressful time for Mr. Johnson, we ask that judgment is withheld until all relevant facts have come to light."

- Ken Pavia, MMA Agents

LINK
EpicTerran
7/10/09 12:10:37PM
Well uh that stinks
finnish_line
7/10/09 12:43:43PM

So are they felonies or misdemeanors he's charged with?
xAcidburNx
7/10/09 1:05:12PM
this is dumb. classic case of ex girlfriend trying to get the man put in jail for nothing. i see this kind of **** everyday. a friend of mine even got put in jail for 2 years because his girlfriend came home after the bar where she got in a drunken fight, and decided she was gonna take it out on my friend and then call the cops saying he was the one who beat her. so many women that actually do have troubles with abusive boyfriends are having trouble getting people to believe them because so many others like to cry wolf. this subject disgusts me
emfleek
7/10/09 1:09:39PM

Posted by xAcidburNx

this is dumb. classic case of ex girlfriend trying to get the man put in jail for nothing. i see this kind of **** everyday. a friend of mine even got put in jail for 2 years because his girlfriend came home after the bar where she got in a drunken fight, and decided she was gonna take it out on my friend and then call the cops saying he was the one who beat her. so many women that actually do have troubles with abusive boyfriends are having trouble getting people to believe them because so many others like to cry wolf. this subject disgusts me

I'm not saying you're wrong, but you can't really make that judgement after only hearing one side of the story.
Giant_Ochai
7/10/09 1:11:45PM

Posted by xAcidburNx

So you were an eye witness?
sclasclemski
7/10/09 1:28:50PM
I hope this is all bogus...I'm a fan of Rumble and would hate for this to screw up his career
tmas
7/10/09 1:34:28PM
he will be fine either gonna get dismissed as stupid bs one time incidnet or plead out.. no crim history so gonna get off easier.
jay98107
7/10/09 2:28:50PM

Posted by tmas

he will be fine either gonna get dismissed as stupid bs one time incidnet or plead out.. no crim history so gonna get off easier.

Agreed. If Garcia came out of his world of ****-creating decision practically unscathed, Johnson will.
Kpro
7/10/09 3:07:09PM
wtf? how did this story get out if the phone lines were cut ?
emfleek
7/10/09 3:09:28PM

Posted by Kpro

wtf? how did this story get out if the phone lines were cut ?

Homing pigeon.
xAcidburNx
7/11/09 5:47:36AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by xAcidburNx

I'm not saying you're wrong, but you can't really make that judgement after only hearing one side of the story.

ye i just like saying my piece before and after, forums are funner that way

and no i wasnt an eye witness but the guy is 5'5 130 pounds of nothing bubbles impersonater lol and shes a big indian chick. we always made fun of em cause he was too blind to see how manly she looked. he went down because he had prior non violent convictions so no one took his word for it. 3rd strike sorta deal