Anthony Johnson..

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Anthony Johnson..
FastKnockout
3/27/11 1:20:15AM
...is a monster. According to him on Dana's video blog, he was weighing 195 tonight. This man gained that much weight in one day! What is even more amazing is that he didn't seem to fade until the last minute of the fight...

I know there will be some Johnson hate in the next day or so, from Hardy and the fans. Probably complaining about Johnson not wanting to bang it out. But it's like Rogan said during the fight, when Johnson knocked him down with the kick and controlled him on the ground for the rest of the round, who wouldn't keep doing it after realizing such an advantage? Hardy was giving NO offense whats so ever, well expect for half-assed kamuras. so why would Johnson risk it on the feet after a huge weight cut and layoff? He played it smart, and fans can't blame him for it. He completely dominated Hardy on the ground, and seemed to have the edge while going through the small bursts of standup. Besides, his five other wins have been by devastating KO/TKO stoppages, so he's earned a lackluster decision win.

If your interested in Johnson's overnight weight gain, check the weigh-in staredown pictures and catch a replay of the fight, you will be amazed at how Johnson seems small compared to Hardy at the staredown but dwarfs Hardy in the fight.
Twenty20Dollars
3/27/11 1:30:49AM
Well McCorkle weighed 266 and then said he was 292 on twitter the day after.

I think Johnson did look a bit tired there, I think he would be able to keep up a better pace at MW and still be strong there.
BeeR
3/27/11 8:51:34AM
30 pounds the day after is about right
sclasclemski
3/27/11 10:49:17AM
I don't blame Rumble at all for is game plan. Hardy clearly has no ground game and as a JUco champion why wouldn't you exploit that...
I do feel though that he needs to move up to MW...I just feel like even if he does earn his way to a title shot against GSP, the weight cut will not allow him to go into those championship rounds.
Budgellism
3/27/11 1:32:19PM

Posted by sclasclemski

I don't blame Rumble at all for is game plan. Hardy clearly has no ground game and as a JUco champion why wouldn't you exploit that...
I do feel though that he needs to move up to MW...I just feel like even if he does earn his way to a title shot against GSP, the weight cut will not allow him to go into those championship rounds.

Yup, exactly what I'm thinking. MW is a better fit for him.
TeamDEY
3/27/11 3:43:38PM
cutting from 230 to 170 is amazing
TS92turbo
3/27/11 3:52:54PM
Thats insane. Thats like Dana White weighing at 355 and cutting down to 170 to fight Joe Rogan
Darce
3/27/11 6:50:48PM
Yep Johnson looked pretty good the other night. It did look like he got tired but not as fast as he has in the past, he may have the weight cut down now who knows. If he does get it all figured out he will be tough to deal with, he could give GSP problems based on his size alone, assuming he ever gets to take on GSP.