Anthony Johnson

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Anthony Johnson
emfleek
10/21/10 10:50:01AM
What's going on with him and his knee (I think that's what he injured?). He hasn't fought since November of last year. I thought for sure we'd hear some rumblings/rumors of potentials fights for him by now.
gartface
10/21/10 11:38:56AM
I have no idea. To be honest I'm not to disheartened, though he does bring some excitement into the 170 pound division.
jjeans
10/21/10 1:54:07PM
Feed him James Wilks
Pookie
10/21/10 2:20:04PM
Well, we know his next fight is at 185.

Did anybody see the Inside MMA where we was there with Jon Jones? Looking even bigger than him.
gartface
10/21/10 2:23:13PM

Posted by Pookie

Well, we know his next fight is at 185.

Did anybody see the Inside MMA where we was there with Jon Jones? Looking even bigger than him.

Well that's good that he's deciding to go up in weight. I didn't see that episode, but that's kind of crazy.

Akiyama vs. Johnson?
Jackelope
10/21/10 6:35:51PM
Pookie- I met AJ in person a while back. Dude is HUUUUUUGE. I met him right after a fight, too... so he wasn't even at his full weight. I'd say he was a solid 190 right after the fight so that should tell you how big he gets in the off times haha.

I think he'd do great at 185 since he's got a good skillset for the weight class. Nobody in 185 is as explosive as he is that I can think of, and I think it would improve his cardio quite a bit. I'm a somewhat tall 6' and he was definitely at least my height if not 2 inches taller. 6' to 6'2 should be perfect for 185.

Not saying he'd go into 185 and wreck the division, but I think if he started off slow and took the right kind of fights he might find himself in the title picture within 2 years.
jae_1833
10/21/10 7:02:39PM
He should definately go to MW if he did hurt his knee....he's missed weight at WW as well so it just makes sense.
prozacnation1978
10/25/10 1:38:19AM
When I met him in aug he said next fight. In nov.
With jan filled. Maybe feb. At middle. He is huge
He may need a can though being off a year doesn't help
BustedKnuckle
10/28/10 8:08:35PM
On top of the injury didnt he get into trouble with the law.....a domestic dispute or somthing????? Maybe I am thinking wrong. Either way I think he needs to move up to MW for sure. Dude is explosive as hell. Imagine those muscles working fully hydrated! Scary!!