Anquan Boldin hit in Jets vs. Cardinals

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Anquan Boldin hit in Jets vs. Cardinals
Jackelope
9/28/08 10:31:53PM
Not sure how many of you guys saw this, but DAMN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWDA67sdfPg

Supposedly he's recovering ok but he was carted off the field directly afterward. He started moving all of his extremities but you can see that at first he was basically comatose. Hope he isn't hurt too badly

FrankTheTank1181
9/28/08 10:58:35PM
It's Actually Jets vs. Cardinals, but yeah that was a brutal hit.
mikevolz
9/28/08 11:01:33PM
looks like his neck didnt get bent around too much. i wouldnt be surprised if he was playing again in a few weeks (which by god, he shouldn't be after a concussion of that grade)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IkkxYFP3QU&feature=related

and on the subject of concussions...
Jackelope
9/28/08 11:35:24PM

Posted by FrankTheTank1181

It's Actually Jets vs. Cardinals, but yeah that was a brutal hit.

who said it was anything else?

Oh shit now I see.. I accidentally titled it "Jets vs. Packers" haha.. damn Brett Favre's dumb ass stuck in my head
NeaRMisS
9/29/08 3:21:49AM
Worst part of this, was him scoring that TD would have ment nothing. The game was over, and this was a meaningless play. Suppose it was a pride thing for the cards, trying to make the game look a bit closer then it was. Tough break for the guy. Hope he has a speedy recovery.
Naturaldisaster
9/29/08 4:06:25AM
damn he got nate quarry'd
mkiv9secsupra
9/29/08 10:30:49AM
The first thing i did when i saw this was turn to my wife and say ....Yup... he just went to sleep....

damn that was a hard hit to the helmet. pretty sure i heard on ESPN last night that the player who hit the Arizona player is going to fined for the helmet to helmet hit.
KYGUY07
9/29/08 6:47:45PM
that sucs to see especially with it being late in the game theres no need to throw into that kinda coverage and allow your reciever to get popped like that.
DCRage
9/29/08 8:50:57PM
Boldin's out of the hospital now...maybe off-topic but in tonight's Pittsburgh-Baltimore game there was just similar on the kickoff. Andre Frazier took a scary-looking hit on the opening kickoff, he had to be immobilized and carted off on a stretcher. Didn't look to be moving or if he was it wasn't seen on camera.
RampageOwnedYou
9/29/08 9:19:07PM
Turned it off after it was 21-0.

Cards suck, and they proved it when they were in the redzone twice in 1st qtr, and couldnt get 1 point!
jiujitsufreak74
9/30/08 1:32:31AM
well, now he is getting suspended for the hit. i think that is terrible because it didn't look intentional at all imo.
Jackelope
9/30/08 8:31:49AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

well, now he is getting suspended for the hit. i think that is terrible because it didn't look intentional at all imo.

The guy was definitely leading with the helmet down but I don't think he was aiming for the head. I think Boldin just kind of got pushed into him. I'm sure he feels like shit but what are you gonna do?