Most annoying TV advertising "character" ?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Most annoying TV advertising "character" ?
Next Page »
POLL: I can't stand....
Billy Mays - (Oxyclean, FixIt, etc. etc.) 7% (3)
Vince Offer - ("ShamWoW guy") 53% (24)
Eric Violette -(FCreditReport) 13% (6)
Stephanie Courtney - ("Flo" Progressive) 11% (5)
John Scherer - (Video Professor) 7% (3)
Don King - (actually invented the TV) 9% (4)
Ordep
3/28/09 2:56:09AM

Gotta go with Offer here. The voice and all the stupidity he talks makes the commercial really annoying. Plus I think it's the one with the highest scam potential.
cmill21
3/28/09 3:50:21AM
The Sham wow guy...he beats up hookers... Oh and I think the freecreditreport dude has some funny ass songs.
EvenFlow
3/28/09 4:16:38AM
I wish the free credit report ppl would go away forever. They suck, the end.
Pookie
3/28/09 4:28:54AM
F to the R to the E to the E to the C to the R to the E to the D to the I to the T to the Report dot com, come on everybody get a friend and sing along

F to the R to the E to the E to the C to the R to the E to the D to the I to the T to the Report dot com...
lohmann
3/28/09 4:43:30AM
Billy Mays is the greatest TV advertiser ever. The guy called out Vince Offer and parodied himself. He's like a streetside snake oil salesman from the 1920's.

It's the beard.

"Try my product!" is the worst slogan ever. It's not even a slogan actually. It's the underlying meaning of every actual slogan.
IriShame
3/28/09 8:42:21AM

Posted by cmill21

The Sham wow guy...he beats up hookers... Oh and I think the freecreditreport dude has some funny ass songs.

Does he really beat up hookers? That's awesome.
DCRage
3/28/09 9:23:56AM
Not to mention Mays and (I think) Otter are getting their own reality series soon on one of the Discovery networks.

You should've added an "Other" option for ones like GEICO, especially the Gecko and the Cavemen.
Ordep
3/28/09 9:41:31AM

Posted by DCRage

Not to mention Mays and (I think) Otter are getting their own reality series soon on one of the Discovery networks.

You should've added an "Other" option for ones like GEICO, especially the Gecko and the Cavemen.

You are right, I forgot about GEICO. Should be because the Caveman and Gecko are on vacation. This is the one on duty for them now...
Wallass
3/28/09 9:52:48AM
Sham WOW!

"Now we cant do this all day."
Twenty20Dollars
3/28/09 10:42:57AM
I really hate FLO and the free credit report.

But right now since basketball is on CBS, I really F***ing HATE HOWIE LONG!!!!!! Im so sick of that guy and his damn stupid truck commercials. Have fun being a real trucker. F*** that guy.
Twenty20Dollars
3/28/09 10:45:02AM

Posted by Wallass

Sham WOW!

"Now we cant do this all day."

that messed up thing, is I think they do, do it all day. Everytime I see that commercial they say that.
MFOTHER
3/28/09 11:09:37AM

Posted by IriShame

Posted by cmill21

Does he really beat up hookers? That's awesome.

yes he does
kopower
3/28/09 11:53:52AM
Most annoying: Sham Wow guy.

After beating up hookers do you think he uses the Sham Wow to clean up the mess?
Jackelope
3/28/09 1:01:50PM
HAHAHAHA

DCRage
3/28/09 1:07:21PM

Posted by Ordep

Posted by DCRage

You are right, I forgot about GEICO. Should be because the Caveman and Gecko are on vacation. This is the one on duty for them now...

Actually, I still see the Cavemen commercials every now & then, especially the "GEICO's #1 Fan" spot.
Playground_Samurai
3/28/09 1:32:46PM

Posted by Jackelope

HAHAHAHA

Haha! I knew it. Every time this guys commercials come on, I flip out. I've always thought that he kind of had that crack head look to him, and this just reaffirms. The thing that annoys me most about this guy is his stupid little headset. Who the hell you talking to on that thing, bud? And on the dice and chop thing commercial he says, "you're gonna love my nuts".
tdietel01
3/28/09 3:11:14PM
the guy that advertises the hammer golf driver, everytime he would hit the ball he would scream POOOOOOOWWW or BOOOOM. really annoying
Drudinh
3/29/09 1:20:36AM
Sham Wow for sure wins.

In a close second is the guy that does commercials for everest institute. totally annoying as well. Just pick up the phone and call
SpiderSilva
3/29/09 2:09:42AM
this is funny cause we just got the shamwow at my store today we opened a box to see if it worked in the end it sucked sorry shamwowers i would stick with paper towels
EvenFlow
3/29/09 8:06:58AM
I dont get it, how is the sham-wow guy that annoying? he has a higher voice but its regular and he dosnt scream like Billy Mayes. He just looks like the rat bastard that owes you money for his crack problem, maybe thats why hes so hated here. At least he talks or explains the product unlike the fanny bandit free credit report band. What they do takes no skill and the only way they know how to advertise is through annoyance. I hate companies who try to get their message stuck in your head. I'll never use free credit report and will always change the channel if those lame half ass songs come up.
mkiv9secsupra
3/29/09 10:57:57AM
Kaboom Dub
Mighty Putty
Neverscrub Dub

Billy Mays is the coolest of the bunch! Just check out his updated advertisements!!! I love the Kaboom one!
Jackelope
3/29/09 11:33:35AM
Hahaha "@#$ckin Optimus Prime can't even break this sh!t!"

Edit: Damn, gotta spread the love!
Pookie
3/29/09 3:27:39PM

Posted by EvenFlow

I dont get it, how is the sham-wow guy that annoying? he has a higher voice but its regular and he dosnt scream like Billy Mayes. He just looks like the rat bastard that owes you money for his crack problem, maybe thats why hes so hated here. At least he talks or explains the product unlike the fanny bandit free credit report band. What they do takes no skill and the only way they know how to advertise is through annoyance. I hate companies who try to get their message stuck in your head. I'll never use free credit report and will always change the channel if those lame half ass songs come up.

personally my seeds of hate were sowed the second time i saw the shamwow commercial and i realized they were using shenanigans and scene editing to make their stains and messes dissappear.

I mean he put the shamwow on the messy liquid and its seeping out the sides, then the camera cuts to a zoom in, he says something, and then they show him punching the shamwow to soak everything up, but the meesy liquid has obviously been cleaned up before they do this as its not as big of a puddle as it used to be, and suddenly its clean.

What annoys me the most is that they dont even try hard, they give away in the commercial ffs that they are scamming you. But its german so it must be good.
pv3Hpv3p
3/30/09 4:59:38PM

Posted by Ordep

Posted by DCRage

I always feel like...

Somebody's waaatchin meee....
Pookie
3/30/09 5:10:52PM
I love that commercial
mkiv9secsupra
3/30/09 5:45:38PM

Posted by Jackelope

Hahaha "@#$ckin Optimus Prime can't even break this sh!t!"

Edit: Damn, gotta spread the love!

haha, its the ******* green to white technology!!!!
bigbubbano23
3/30/09 11:47:29PM
the New York slider staion, cookem, stackem, and watch your family attackem
MMA
3/31/09 1:06:39PM
Credit report commercials are the best. I have three of their songs memorized. :)
ncordless
3/31/09 6:54:35PM

Posted by Pookie

F to the R to the E to the E to the C to the R to the E to the D to the I to the T to the Report dot com, come on everybody get a friend and sing along

F to the R to the E to the E to the C to the R to the E to the D to the I to the T to the Report dot com...

Free credit report dot com
I shoulda seen it comin' at me like an atom bomb
they moniter yer credit, and send you email alerts
So you don't end up sellin' fish to tourists in t-shirts
bls1919
4/5/09 8:45:59PM
They free credit report .com guys are cool. The shmwow guy........wow what a mugshot!
Pages: [1] 2