UFC® ANNOUNCES YAHOO! AS NEW DISTRIBUTOR FOR ONLINE PPV

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC® ANNOUNCES YAHOO! AS NEW DISTRIBUTOR FOR ONLINE PPV
tuvok500
2/21/08 12:20:45PM
Las Vegas, NV (USA) – Ultimate Fighting Championship® (UFC®) organization today announced Yahoo! will be the new online distributor for UFC live Pay-Per-View (PPV) events, via Yahoo! Sports. Fans can view the next UFC event, UFC 82: PRIDE OF A CHAMPION, on March 1, 2008

link ufc.com

link mmajunkie.com

link to the yahoo PPV page

CornishMMA
2/21/08 12:31:18PM
Hmmmm dont care much about that but hope they show other events that other countries may not get - like TUF finales and FN's

Here in the UK we arent going to get the next UFCFN we dont think so would be nice to pay and watch live on here
Darnok
2/21/08 12:33:29PM
This is good news. Now we can watch it anywhere.

This will definately expand the audience for the UFC
DCRage
2/21/08 12:48:12PM
It doesn't answer the burning question though: How much? Although it at least gives me a way to watch the PPVs, I normally can't get them.
tuvok500
2/21/08 1:09:58PM

Posted by DCRage

It doesn't answer the burning question though: How much? Although it at least gives me a way to watch the PPVs, I normally can't get them.

45$

same as the TV PPV

silverbullet
2/21/08 1:36:05PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by DCRage

45$

same as the TV PPV

Good... If it was any cheaper, i'd be too tempted to buy it every month. With a $45 price ticket, I'll stick to Youtube the morning after.
DCRage
2/21/08 2:04:14PM
Figures. Daily Motion for me. (Although one of these days I am going to finally get UFC On Demand)
GrandMaster313
2/21/08 3:26:22PM
nice !
whardin19
2/21/08 5:28:27PM
Who would want to pay the same price to watch a PPV on there computer than on there TV? IDK about you guys but I'd rather sit on my couch than my computer chair to watch a fight.
jiujitsufreak74
2/21/08 5:42:42PM

Posted by whardin19

Who would want to pay the same price to watch a PPV on there computer than on there TV? IDK about you guys but I'd rather sit on my couch than my computer chair to watch a fight.

yea but the whole point is that some people do not get it on PPV. like Cornish said some people won't be getting FN so this would be a way to watch it. also, some people don't have PPV and can't buy it even if they wanted to. there are other circumstances where watching it online is your option and this is a good way to spread UFC world wide.

and for the people who don't buy the PPV or anything...just get a few buddies together and split the PPV bill, that's what me and my friends do. it winds up being 4 dollars a person and its a good way to save money. or, you could go to Hooters because i know they have had the PPV's there recently and seem to be consistent with them. just a few suggestions