UFC Announces Prelim Streaming Plans For UFC 127 (Updated)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Announces Prelim Streaming Plans For UFC 127 (Updated)
DCRage
2/22/11 9:35:05AM
In addition to the night's pay-per-view main card, UFC 127 will feature four televised or streamed UFC 127 preliminary-card bouts. UFC officials recently announced that two bouts from this weekend's event stream on Facebook (8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT), and then ION Television carries an additional pair of fights (9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT). The ION fights are scheduled to be Spencer Fisher vs. Ross Pearson and James Te Huna vs. Alexander Gustafsson. The Facebook fights are scheduled to be Jason Reinhardt vs. Zhang Tie Quan and Anthony Perosh vs. Tom Blackledge.

Article

Update: Riki Fukuda vs. Nick Ring has been added to the ION fights, so they will now show 3 fights instead of 2.

Article
Twenty20Dollars
2/22/11 10:40:43AM
Crap, I always miss the facebook fights because I work saturday nights. At least I can record the others.

I would rather see two other fights than the facebook streaming fights.
d1rtyyyynacho
2/22/11 11:38:40AM
Whatever happened to airing the Prelims on Spike TV?
prozacnation1978
2/22/11 11:38:59AM
Two good things here

One free fights.
And two its on ion not spike. So this doesn't minus a free prelim off
The original deal of 12 for the year for spike tv

Don't have face book. So. Can't see that
gartface
2/22/11 11:52:53AM
The more the merrier!
Twenty20Dollars
2/22/11 12:14:25PM
UFC Prelims are back to spike for UFC 128 with Cane-Vemola and Barboza/Anthony Njo, so says mmajunkie, but i already close the site and im lazy and dont want to reopen it to post the link.
cjackson23
2/22/11 1:46:01PM
According to MMA Playground UFC 127 has been moved to Sunday.
FastKnockout
2/22/11 2:00:41PM

Posted by cjackson23

The time difference will equal out to Saturday for us.

The only issue I have with the prelims is that I won't be able to see them. I will be at my local sports bar watching the fights, and if I want to catch a good seat for me and some friends I usually have to go early, and won't give me a chance to log on to Facebook. As for Ion, I doubt sports bars have the channel. I could be wrong, though.

Smart move for skipping 127 on Spike. They will most likely save the Spike prelims for better known fights and fighters.
RearNakedJoke
2/22/11 2:38:14PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by cjackson23

The only issue I have with the prelims is that I won't be able to see them. I will be at my local sports bar watching the fights, and if I want to catch a good seat for me and some friends I usually have to go early, and won't give me a chance to log on to Facebook. As for Ion, I doubt sports bars have the channel. I could be wrong, though.

Smart move for skipping 127 on Spike. They will most likely save the Spike prelims for better known fights and fighters.

Nearly all satellite and cable providers carry ion. My local sports bar aired the last ion prelim show.
FastKnockout
2/22/11 3:08:01PM

Posted by RearNakedJoke

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by cjackson23

Nearly all satellite and cable providers carry ion. My local sports bar aired the last ion prelim show.

Really? I'll be sure to ask one of the managers before the fights starts. I'd really like to see the prelims. The sports bar is Buffalo Wild Wings.
grappler0000
2/22/11 3:31:11PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by RearNakedJoke

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by cjackson23

Really? I'll be sure to ask one of the managers before the fights starts. I'd really like to see the prelims. The sports bar is Buffalo Wild Wings.

Yeah, ION is actually a broadcast network, meaning rabbit ears will even pick it up. Also, I don't know about your area, but all of the sports bars near me have free wi-fi, which would solve the Facebook debacle.
DCRage
2/22/11 5:15:26PM
RIki Fukuda vs. Nick Ring has now been added to the ION broadcast.
prozacnation1978
2/22/11 7:16:37PM
Three fights is better than 2