UFC announces pre contract tests for PEDs!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC announces pre contract tests for PEDs!
jae_1833
1/17/12 3:06:57PM
Just saw this on MMAJunkie and thought all should now should be in the News forum in 3...2...1...
Kpro
1/17/12 3:14:37PM
Wow, that's going to be hard for the guys who are fighting the regional circuit and get that golden phone call "can you sign tomorrow and step in on two weeks notice for a fight on the undercard in Vegas?".

For the vets or `names` who can choose where they want to sign, they can just wait to clear their system.

I have a feeling we'll have more `unknown` guys have to decline fights w/ the UFC on short notice, even though it's where they've been striving to be for years. Not that the declines will make any news, but good luck getting a call back anytime soon. Good move for the sport and for PR reasons and I 100% approve, but in my eyes will only affect the unknown late replacements.
jae_1833
1/17/12 3:48:48PM
Well if the replacements aren't clean then they are screwed regardless. Not like you can clean that stuff out on short notice to begin with. I think they should just go ahead and make it a monthly mandatory duty of all the fighters. The UFC would have to pay and arrange it all and I am sure it is what they are moving slowly towards. That is the only way to really guarantee the cleanliness of the organizations fighters.
Kpro
1/17/12 4:37:13PM

Posted by jae_1833

Well if the replacements aren't clean then they are screwed regardless. Not like you can clean that stuff out on short notice to begin with.

I could clean quite a few of what's listed on the PED list out of my system as a late replacement fighter if I was called on short noticed and tested at the time of the fight. If I was tested when I had to sign the contract 24 hours after I got the phone call, I would be lucky to clean any PED's from my system.

Say I get the call about a month before the fight. Here are a few PED's and when they become undetectable using the test the AC's administer:

4-6 weeks: Proviron, Oral Dianabol, Parabolan, Primobolan, Nilevar, Testosterone Propionate

3 weeks: Methandienone, Mesterolone, Ethylestrenole, Noretadrolone, Oxandrolone, Oral Stanozolol/Winstrol, Anavar,

2 weeks: Testosterone Propionate

1 week: Andriol

1-4 days: Clenbuterol, Testosterone Suspension

Almost all PED's taken by an MMA athlete are going to be short detection period PED's and almost all oral PED's are 1-4 weeks.

Of course there are also ones that stay in your system for over a year like Deca-Durabolin, Norandren, Dynabolan, Anabolicum, Turanabol Depot, Durabolin, Anabolin, Fenobolin, and Turinabol but who in their right mind in MMA is taking any of those ones? Those are for non-competing lifters to get chicks.
jae_1833
1/17/12 5:07:42PM
Your power of knowledge astounds my friend! +1