UFC® Announces UFC® FIGHT NIGHT Sold Out- Also Now A 3 Hour Event!

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC® Announces UFC® FIGHT NIGHT Sold Out- Also Now A 3 Hour Event!
RMFG_187
2/26/08 6:44:54PM
ULTIMATE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP ANNOUNCES FIGHT NIGHT IS SOLD OUT;
SPIKE TV TO EXPAND SHOW TO THREE HOURS

Las Vegas, NV (USA)

– The Ultimate Fighting Championship® (UFC®) organization today announced that UFC® Fight Night™ – the event marking UFC’s long-awaited return to Colorado, the state where UFC debuted more than 15 years ago – is officially sold out. The UFC and Spike TV also announced the April 2 card will expand to three hours, the first time in three years for a UFC Fight Night, because of the stacked card and lineup of prominent fighters I knew that bringing the UFC back to the state of Colorado would be big,” said Dana White, UFC President. “But thanks to our fight fans in Broomfield and Denver and all across Colorado, this is going to be one of our best UFC Fight Night events ever. Not only is it going to air as a three-hour special on Spike TV, it will also be a house packed with UFC fans ready for great fights. I’m looking forward to April 2, and can’t wait to bring this great fight card to Mile High City.”

“We are pleased to be the site of this major sporting event and know that the Colorado fight fans are in for a great time,” said Gene Felling, Executive Vice President of Broomfield Sports and Entertainment and General Manager of Broomfield Event Center.

Web Link
SpiderSilva
2/26/08 7:08:24PM
Hell yeah we have been waiting years for the UFC to come back
emfleek
2/26/08 9:54:47PM
Niiiiiiiiice.
TimW001
2/26/08 9:55:25PM
Sweet stuff right there.
Kracker_Jap
2/27/08 1:48:12AM
aWSOME
telnights
2/27/08 4:30:39AM
Like this is a shock it a very stacked card. But when they don't sale out it always seams to be in Vegas. They need to come back to Tulsa .
CornishMMA
2/27/08 5:16:44AM
Phew, its good to get proper confirmation of that, just a shame it isnt being shown here in the UK

This card is going to be ace tho, hope we see most fights but what with all the promos and commercials and everything that extra hour may only allow for 2 maybe 3 extra fights
babytater03
2/27/08 7:09:43AM
that's AWESOME!

I'm super excited for several of these fights, because they're going to be all out wars!
whardin19
2/27/08 7:11:07AM
This is a good thing to hear for all MMA fans. This fight cards is really stacked. I'm looking forward to this event. WAR Florian!