UFC Announces Amazon Event for 2012 Brazilian Return

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Announces Amazon Event for 2012 Brazilian Return
FastKnockout
8/24/11 2:54:22AM
With the UFC's return to Brazil rapidly approaching with Saturday's UFC 134, the promotion has already set its sights on its next trip to the birthplace of vale tudo.

The promotion is targeting Manaus -- the Amazonas state capital -- for a show in 2012. Zuffa CEO Lorenzo Fertitta announced the news on Tuesday following a meeting with state Governor Omar Aziz, Frank Fertitta III and the United States' Brazilian ambassador, Clifford Sobel.

The show is expected to go down in at the Convention Center of Manaus -- the city's sambadrome -- which has the capacity to hold 100,000 spectators.

“The opportunity to bring the UFC to Manaus and to the home of some of our great fighters makes us so excited,” Fertitta stated at the press conference. “Our expectation is that Manaus will set a new attendance record, with 100,000 people watching the show.”

LINK
pmoney
8/24/11 6:00:28AM
This sounds ridiculously awesome. Especially if they were to air it on Fox in North America. That would be huge in my estimation.

Next up: Cowboys Stadium!
KungFuMaster
8/24/11 11:51:11AM
They need to do something similar to Thrilla in Manila.

Bubbles
8/26/11 1:17:50PM
well atleast i can say i was at the old attendance record event