UFC announces UFC 126 Facebook stream for "Kid" Yamanoto vs. Johnson fight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC announces UFC 126 Facebook stream for "Kid" Yamanoto vs. Johnson fight
grappler0000
2/2/11 12:37:53PM
One significant bout from a previously untelevised UFC 126 preliminary card will stream for free on Facebook.

UFC officials today announced via its 4.5 million-member-strong Facebook account that recent UFC signee Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto (18-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC) and post-merger WEC import Demetrious Johnson (8-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will fight on the stream.

The bantamweight bout begins at 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT) on Saturday.

UFC 126 takes place Saturday at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas and features a middleweight title fight between champion Anderson Silva and challenger Vitor Belfort. The main card airs on pay-per-view, and two additional bouts air on Spike TV as part of a "UFC Prelims" special.

Currently, there's no word if the night's other three untelevised prelims (Gabe Ruediger vs. Paul Taylor, Kyle Kingsbury vs. Ricardo Romero, and Mike Pierce vs. Kenny Robertson) will join Yamanoto vs. Johnso on the Facebook stream...

Link
FastKnockout
2/2/11 12:40:41PM
This sucks, at least for me. I'll be going out to my local sports bar with some friends to watch the fight. Won't have a chance to tune in for the stream.

I'll be devastated if they end up showing the Paul Taylor fight and I miss it.
Chael_Sonnen
2/2/11 12:54:37PM
Wouldn't be surprised if they aired it later on the ppv.....really looking forward to this fight.

I think Johnson edges out a decision.
BigCountryFedor
2/2/11 1:34:03PM
since i dont use facebook i cant watch it again

Kpro
2/2/11 2:25:37PM

Posted by BigCountryFedor

since i dont use facebook i cant watch it again

Sign up for an account and watch it. It's not like you have to make a profile, just sign up and go to the UFC page. Then you can delete your account after the event.
machodog76
2/2/11 3:23:37PM
Did anyone watch the last one on facebook? If so how was the quality? I've tried to watch streams on Sherdog before and they were crap.
grappler0000
2/2/11 3:37:30PM

Posted by machodog76

Did anyone watch the last one on facebook? If so how was the quality? I've tried to watch streams on Sherdog before and they were crap.

If you've ever watched on UFC's site, it was the same source, just embedded in FB. It was in HD to answer your question though.
Bubbles
2/2/11 3:54:44PM

Posted by machodog76

for the most part, the streams on Sherdog are pretty bad, but their prelim stream for the last SF card was actually pretty good....just bad commentating.

from what i have heard about the last facebook stream, it was very good
Franklinfan47
2/2/11 4:36:11PM
The stream lagged a little last time due to all the viewers, but this could also depend on the quality of your computer.
DevonFoxy
2/2/11 5:29:37PM
Yes!!!!! Super awesome to hear Thank You Dana!

The stream last time wasn't bad at all a little lag once and awhile but thats to be expected. Very good though all in all imo.
machodog76
2/2/11 5:53:53PM
Thanks for the info guys, I'll have to friend the UFC!
pmoney
2/2/11 7:39:10PM
This is such a sick fight! I was wondering why they weren't gonna televise this one, since Kid was a big acquisition for the UFC. Mighty Mouse brings it too!