Animated Avatars

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Animated Avatars
Mayo
3/5/07 5:03:42PM
How do you get an animated avitar to work? I have an animated gif which works fine on my pc, but when I upload it, it doesn't animate, it just stays on frame 1. I didn't create the gif, I found it, but it's strange to me that it would work on my pc but not in my avatar.
Any ideas
Snacks
3/5/07 6:27:21PM
It's obviously too big, dimension wise or pixel wise.
madmarck
3/5/07 6:35:19PM

Posted by Snacks

It's obviously too big, dimension wise or pixel wise.

Yeah try hosting it to a site like Photobucket. You can often resize the images to fit avatars.
poll77
3/5/07 6:56:32PM

Posted by Mayo

How do you get an animated avitar to work? I have an animated gif which works fine on my pc, but when I upload it, it doesn't animate, it just stays on frame 1. I didn't create the gif, I found it, but it's strange to me that it would work on my pc but not in my avatar.
Any ideas

I tried putting the same gif in my avatar and it didn't work. I guess we are both dumb. haha
madmarck
3/5/07 7:06:03PM
well where are you guys getting this gif from?
poll77
3/5/07 11:40:50PM

Posted by madmarck

i dont even remember, but i think the file size limit for the avatar is 100kb and the file is like 973 kb so i am guessing that is the problem
gspfan31
3/6/07 12:45:07AM

Posted by madmarck

fightreport.net
Northrend
3/6/07 12:45:45AM
testing my avatar really fast

edit damnit ><
Mayo
3/6/07 12:45:47PM
YES I GOT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you everybody! After reading all of your posts I tried some things and here's what solved it...

I opened the animated gif in Macromedia Fireworks (which supports animated gifs) and then did an image resize so that it becomes smaller than 100px by 100px and then I resaved it.

I guess like some of you mentioned earlier, if the animated gif dimensions are too big then when you upload it to your avatar it gets automatically sized down and you lose the animation.
madmarck
3/6/07 2:11:36PM
glad it worked out for you. It looks awesome seeing Tim get almost KO'd by Randy every time.
cowcatcher
3/6/07 2:13:50PM
i found myself watching your av for like 5 mins. mayo, nice work
SICKRICK
3/6/07 2:19:37PM
great avatar and that fight won me 2000 dollars holla
mmadb
3/6/07 2:58:40PM
I wonder why nobody has used this one yet.

DoTheMMAth
3/6/07 3:02:27PM

Posted by mmadb

LoL!! That is awesome
madmarck
3/6/07 3:02:44PM

Posted by mmadb

Because it didnt connect.
CWall33
3/9/07 9:41:33AM
I'm torn between keeping my current avatar, or using this awesome Randy-bob-and-weave gif.

Edit: Oh well lookie there. File size is too big. I'll try to edit it down and repost it.

CountryBreakfast
3/12/07 3:45:50AM
awesome gif man , also someone should really use the salmon one
madmarck
3/12/07 10:02:59AM

Posted by CountryBreakfast

awesome gif man , also someone should really use the salmon one

Your Av is aweomse. Althought the words should be......... "hmm what today a country breakfast or a GSP foot".

i love that Gif. I spend like 10 minutes just wathcin it.