Animal Farm

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Animal Farm
nWo
10/13/07 3:31:19PM
http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=-9153412213802919416&q=animal+farm&total=1864&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0
fedorwins1
10/13/07 4:55:26PM
I've read the book and have seen the video also. It's all about communism and how it doesn't work.
Mastodon2
10/13/07 7:14:31PM
I thought we were talking about the other "Animal Farm"
nWo
10/13/07 9:16:45PM

Posted by fedorwins1

I've read the book and have seen the video also. It's all about communism and how it doesn't work.

WRONG
Orwell wrote this classic tale as an allegory of modern totalitarianism in general, and Stalinism in particular.
fedorwins1
10/13/07 9:43:51PM

Posted by nWo

Posted by fedorwins1

WRONG
Orwell wrote this classic tale as an allegory of modern totalitarianism in general, and Stalinism in particular.

Well I guess my teachers are idiots....
pv3Hpv3p
11/29/07 2:55:52PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by nWo

Posted by fedorwins1

WRONG

Well I guess my teachers are idiots....

No not really... The story closley mirrors the Bolshevic(sp?) revolution, which definitely led to communism... And not so much how it didn't work, but how it played out in the early USSR
D0wnUnd6e6r
11/30/07 3:41:23PM
The book's basically a big critic of Stalin if ya ask me. If you got power, your people will believe anything you say pretty much sums it up. I found it to be funny actually with like everyone hating the boar strangely named napoleon lol (Stalin) and how everyone likes snowball (trotski), old major just clearly being a sub for marx with some lenin tho, hard to explain. anyways all in all, the movie was pretty bad but the references were pretty interesting.