Angle Calls Lesnar A "Mental Midget"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Angle Calls Lesnar A "Mental Midget"
DCRage
1/24/08 8:12:25AM
Kurt Angle, in a radio appearance promoting TNA Wrestling's upcoming PPV, also briefly talked about Brock Lesnar in MMA. He called Brock a "mental midget" and said he'd win if little to no pressure was on him.

Article
silverbullet
1/24/08 9:00:48AM
WHO CARES ABOUT WHAT KURT ANGLE SAID ABOUT BROCK LESNAR

First of all, how in the world does this article qualify as "news"?! Second of all, I am tired of the endless "he said, she said" rumor mill gossip fest. Third of all, I do not care about ballet dancers, so let's try to keep the news section focused on professional fighters, not "professional" wrestlers.
jomatty
1/24/08 9:06:49AM
thats a little harsh as i think some people are interested in what people who know people have to say about them, in another piece of the puzzle kind of way. then again i didnt bother to read the article so...
FromHereOn
1/24/08 9:20:59AM
Better a 'mental midget' than a literal faggot.
xburbx
1/24/08 9:23:15AM
I'm not sold on or defending Brock Lesnar, but to say he crumbles under pressure is a dumb comment. Being at his level in NCAA, he has been under some serious pressure and clearly performed.
emfleek
1/24/08 10:01:49AM
He crumbles under pressue in a fake sport.

Okay?

And Kurt Angle's opinion means what, exactly?
MMAnomale
1/24/08 11:19:38AM
chokes when under pressure? Yeah, just look at his collegiate wrestling career. He was an amazing college athlete. Besides, how could you say someone chokes when you're basing your opinion on "wrestling." It's totally fake BS and I could give a damn less about what he did in the WWE or whatever its called now. That's nothing but a soap opera for 7 year old boys and retarded men who still will argue about its authenticity. I hate wrestling and have never liked it, even when I was a child, but I don't think Kurt's opinion means anything considering what he's basing it on. Maybe he should step into the octogon and see how he does under pressure in a REAL fight.
Jujiden
1/24/08 1:01:28PM
Angle stays relevant ONLY by being a tool about the abilities of other fighters. It seems to me more and more that being a jerk isn't just a ploy by Angle but is actually how he is in real life (ala Pros vs. Joes). I would love to see UFC sign Angle to a one fight contract and let someone knock the taste for MMA out of his mouth.
loonytnt
1/24/08 1:54:36PM

Posted by silverbullet

First of all, how in the world does this article qualify as "news"?! Second of all, I am tired of the endless "he said, she said" rumor mill gossip fest. Third of all, I do not care about ballet dancers, so let's try to keep the news section focused on professional fighters, not "professional" wrestlers.

how is this not news? keep it up DC
rcg916
1/24/08 6:22:55PM

Posted by silverbullet

Dude, chill out. Turns out you have to share this site with the rest of the world...

And I dare you to call a real professional wrestler a ballet dancer... You'd be picking your teeth up afterwards.

You little MMA elitists are ruining this site. You cannot make up for the fact that you are a new fan by trashing everything that ISNT MMA.

The real fans know the ties of MMA to Pro Wrestling all over the world, maybe you should spend a little more time researching this sport that you love so much, rather than knocking wrestlers as a whole. If you dont like it, fine, but to claim that it has no business here...

People may think the same about you...

(and YOU are JT War Wagon? Man, you need a refresher course in the basics... We dont bash fighters there.)
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
1/24/08 6:37:50PM
ANGLE IS ALL TALK. HE WAS SUPOSE TO FIGHT KEN SHAMROCK BUT WHEN IT CAME DOWN TO CONTRACT SIGNING HE WAS NOWHERE TO BE SEEN. I WOULD LOVE NOTHING MORE THEN TO SEE HIM GET KTFO.
rcg916
1/24/08 7:02:04PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

ANGLE IS ALL TALK. HE WAS SUPOSE TO FIGHT KEN SHAMROCK BUT WHEN IT CAME DOWN TO CONTRACT SIGNING HE WAS NOWHERE TO BE SEEN. I WOULD LOVE NOTHING MORE THEN TO SEE HIM GET KTFO.

See? Another guy thats misinformed... Angle said he wanted a fight, the IFL came calling... They had a meeting... IFL offered up Ken Shamrock... Angle said he was just entertaining offers, and didnt want to debut against someone so experienced.

End of story,. There was no official offer. It was publicity for Angle, as well as the IFL. Period.

iwannabesedated
1/24/08 7:25:48PM
Im not a fan of wrestling or havent been since around the time i got my first pube..But i like Kurt Angle maybe because hes from Pittsburgh and Im Biased..But he's really not a douche in real life like he potrays on TV My 9 yr old cousin is a wrestling freak and he meet Angle got pics and an autograph my uncle said he was nice down to earth dude..Most of TV is for entertainment right?? i thought it was hilarious the way he was messing with those guys on PVJ.
gabe531
1/24/08 8:49:40PM
he was doin radio for publicity for upcoming tna ppv. why wouldnt he call out lesnar. that will draw fans. and to bash pro wrestling is somewhat retarded to me. face it if there were no WWE then seriously would mma be a sport?? there wouldnt be ufc or ifl on tv. be thankful for wrestling. it may not be what you like but its entertainment. its in there name. they dont call it a sport why would you.
telnights
1/25/08 3:26:06AM

Posted by silverbullet

telnights
1/25/08 4:30:36AM

Posted by rcg916

Posted by silverbullet

Dude, chill out. Turns out you have to share this site with the rest of the world...

And I dare you to call a real professional wrestler a ballet dancer... You'd be picking your teeth up afterwards.

You little MMA elitists are ruining this site. You cannot make up for the fact that you are a new fan by trashing everything that ISNT MMA.

The real fans know the ties of MMA to Pro Wrestling all over the world, maybe you should spend a little more time researching this sport that you love so much, rather than knocking wrestlers as a whole. If you dont like it, fine, but to claim that it has no business here...

(and YOU are JT War Wagon? Man, you need a refresher course in the basics... We dont bash fighters there.)

I like how you say Chill out but then go on to attack him. He is allowed to say he doesn't think its news worthy. BTW It isn't news at all Kurt Angle talks trash about people for a living. So posting the trash talk Kurt says about MMA fighters we would lead to us posting a story everyday of what Kurt said today. We get enough trash talk from the fighters we don't need it from a out side source. As much as you like to bring up the ties between MMA and pro wrestling this doesn't belong in the MMA news section should have just been on the forums at best should have been in "MMA Lounge" but would have been better to be in "The Locker Room". But then you have the nerve to tell the guy that him and the other "MMA elitists" are ruining this site. If anything would be ruining this site it we be attitudes like yours. Just so you know he didn't fighter bash either. Last I checked Kurt isn't a fighter he is a professional wrestler.
rcg916
1/25/08 7:32:30PM

Posted by telnights

Posted by rcg916

Posted by silverbullet

I like how you say Chill out but then go on to attack him. He is allowed to say he doesn't think its news worthy. BTW It isn't news at all Kurt Angle talks trash about people for a living. So posting the trash talk Kurt says about MMA fighters we would lead to us posting a story everyday of what Kurt said today. We get enough trash talk from the fighters we don't need it from a out side source. As much as you like to bring up the ties between MMA and pro wrestling this doesn't belong in the MMA news section should have just been on the forums at best should have been in "MMA Lounge" but would have been better to be in "The Locker Room". But then you have the nerve to tell the guy that him and the other "MMA elitists" are ruining this site. If anything would be ruining this site it we be attitudes like yours. Just so you know he didn't fighter bash either. Last I checked Kurt isn't a fighter he is a professional wrestler.

Nice rant. A bit off base, but hey, I applaud the misdirected effort.

We obviously come from two different schools of thought when it comes to MMA, and thats fine. But dont act like a blanket statement about wrestlers being ballet dancers is a good way to express yourself. You new fans dont like wrestling, we get it!

Some do, hence the post of wrestling/MMA related news in the news section. It has every right to be there. Period. However you spin it to fit your anti-wrestling agenda is fine.

If my attitude is ruining the site, lets do this... Lets take a poll on who has contributed in a more positive fashion to this community, you or me...

And for the record, the fighter bashing I was referring to was concerning Brock. After all, he is a contracted fighter in a major organization... So, by definition... Yeah, youre obviously smart enough to figure that one out, right?

Oh, and save your next rant that goes a million miles an hour to nowhere. I wont respond to kids anymore.

telnights
1/25/08 11:53:38PM

Posted by rcg916

We obviously come from two different schools of thought when it comes to MMA, and thats fine. But dont act like a blanket statement about wrestlers being ballet dancers is a good way to express yourself. You new fans dont like wrestling, we get it!

Some do, hence the post of wrestling/MMA related news in the news section. It has every right to be there. Period. However you spin it to fit your anti-wrestling agenda is fine.

The first thing you do is laugh as if my post was a joke. Hum not best way to start off. I'm going to guess that anyone that doesn't agree with you is off base. The hole blanket statement maybe thats how he feels about pro wrestlers are you a pro wrestler or just a fan because you acted like he killed your cat. But we may never know because if I was him and you made that post at me I don't know if I would want to post ever again while you were on. Then you call us new fans as if to have a clue when I anyone else started being fans just because we don't agree with you.Then you go on to say the news section is for pro wrestling/MMA related news. I agree with the MMA part but pro wrestling I will give you sometimes has it place. Trash talk by a wrestler doesn't. But lets take a look.

Name of site: mmaplayground.com
The link at the bottom of main screen says: More MMA News Headlines┬╗ (not pro wrestling)
There is a Top MMA News Tab under it it says (Top MMA News and Mixed Martial Arts Headlines)
Then there is the hole
(Do you have a hot MMA story or news item that you have found and would like to share? Simply read the instructions, then post it to our MMA News Share Forum to have it display here for the community to read on this page.)
Also have this
(If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community and add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.)

Not once did I see anything in there about pro wrestling. Now don't get me wrong I think it has its place but like I said before trash talk by a pro wrestler about MMA fights does not have it place in MMA news. He is just promoting TNA Wrestling's upcoming PPV event. Like I said before if we called it news every time Kurt or any pro wrestler talks trash about a MMA fighter the hole news section would be full of Kurt or whatever pro wrestler said this and that.

You said to silverbullet

Posted by rcg916

To which I replied

Posted by telnights
But then you have the nerve to tell the guy that him and the other "MMA elitists" are ruining this site. If anything would be ruining this site it we be attitudes like yours.

Then the best thing you could come up with was this.

Posted by rcg916
If my attitude is ruining the site, lets do this... Lets take a poll on who has contributed in a more positive fashion to this community, you or me...

What a rebuttal I would hate to have to do any kind of real debating with you. If you think contributing to the community is by postings stuff like you did to silverbullet then its a sad day in this community.

Posted by rcg916
And for the record, the fighter bashing I was referring to was concerning Brock. After all, he is a contracted fighter in a major organization... So, by definition... Yeah, youre obviously smart enough to figure that one out, right?

In his post he didn't bash Brock he is just saying that what Kurt says about Brock isn't news worthy. You can say his blanket statemant about wrestlers was about Brock but he isn't a pro wrestler anymore he is a mma fighter.But then you go far enough to say I'm stupid. Your making me feel better already about what you do for this community.

Posted by rcg916
Oh, and save your next rant that goes a million miles an hour to nowhere. I wont respond to kids anymore.

Now your telling me not to post because this was the best you could come up with. You didn't say much in your hole post all you did was try to belittle me. Not once in your post did you really even try to defend pro wrestling. You didn't even try to explain where ties between MMA and pro wrestling comes from. But I know why because it wont really help your cause any. Also the fact still remains that you asked the guy to chill then you attacked him. Thats like telling someone to calm down then punching them. Not going to get the best results. If you want some people to respect pro wrestling your not the best front man for it.
NineDuce
1/26/08 5:25:58PM
anyone who is in pro wrestling has mental issues, thanks kurt angle
Red-Dragon
1/26/08 7:31:12PM

Posted by telnights

Posted by rcg916

The first thing you do is laugh as if my post was a joke. Hum not best way to start off. I'm going to guess that anyone that doesn't agree with you is off base. The hole blanket statement maybe thats how he feels about pro wrestlers are you a pro wrestler or just a fan because you acted like he killed your cat. But we may never know because if I was him and you made that post at me I don't know if I would want to post ever again while you were on. Then you call us new fans as if to have a clue when I anyone else started being fans just because we don't agree with you.Then you go on to say the news section is for pro wrestling/MMA related news. I agree with the MMA part but pro wrestling I will give you sometimes has it place. Trash talk by a wrestler doesn't. But lets take a look.

Name of site: mmaplayground.com
The link at the bottom of main screen says: More MMA News Headlines┬╗ (not pro wrestling)
There is a Top MMA News Tab under it it says (Top MMA News and Mixed Martial Arts Headlines)
Then there is the hole
(Do you have a hot MMA story or news item that you have found and would like to share? Simply read the instructions, then post it to our MMA News Share Forum to have it display here for the community to read on this page.)
Also have this
(If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community and add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.)

Not once did I see anything in there about pro wrestling. Now don't get me wrong I think it has its place but like I said before trash talk by a pro wrestler about MMA fights does not have it place in MMA news. He is just promoting TNA Wrestling's upcoming PPV event. Like I said before if we called it news every time Kurt or any pro wrestler talks trash about a MMA fighter the hole news section would be full of Kurt or whatever pro wrestler said this and that.

You said to silverbullet

Posted by rcg916

To which I replied

Posted by telnights
But then you have the nerve to tell the guy that him and the other "MMA elitists" are ruining this site. If anything would be ruining this site it we be attitudes like yours.

Then the best thing you could come up with was this.

Posted by rcg916

What a rebuttal I would hate to have to do any kind of real debating with you. If you think contributing to the community is by postings stuff like you did to silverbullet then its a sad day in this community.

Posted by rcg916

In his post he didn't bash Brock he is just saying that what Kurt says about Brock isn't news worthy. You can say his blanket statemant about wrestlers was about Brock but he isn't a pro wrestler anymore he is a mma fighter.But then you go far enough to say I'm stupid. Your making me feel better already about what you do for this community.

Posted by rcg916

Now your telling me not to post because this was the best you could come up with. You didn't say much in your hole post all you did was try to belittle me. Not once in your post did you really even try to defend pro wrestling. You didn't even try to explain where ties between MMA and pro wrestling comes from. But I know why because it wont really help your cause any. Also the fact still remains that you asked the guy to chill then you attacked him. Thats like telling someone to calm down then punching them. Not going to get the best results. If you want some people to respect pro wrestling your not the best front man for it.

LOL Something tells me that he annoyed you. Must have taken a hour to write that response.

He was flaming his own camp member too! Is there trouble in the JT War Wagon ranks
casey64
1/26/08 9:07:45PM
Pro wrestling is intense more intense than what "silverbullet" does im sure

Silverbullet you know nothing of what your talking about show keep that big mouth shut you have know common sense know need for you to talk
D0wnUnd6e6r
1/26/08 9:41:08PM
Kurt Angle should never be mentioned ever again if what he says is even remotely associated with mma, period.