andy wang

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » andy wang
Next Page »
Aether
6/17/07 6:51:39AM
As much as I dislike this guy I'm going to pick the huge underdog in this fight if anyone wants to bet against me. While I know he has terrible standup and believes he is a boxer, I don't think Cole can do anything to him on his feet, and when it inevitably hits the ground Wang will be forced to use his black belt Jiu Jitsu.
Ydoc
6/17/07 9:53:21AM
What kind of odds you giving?
hippysmacker
6/17/07 1:52:48PM
The new wagering syem will be here soon. It will be a house based odds system, no person to person wagers . ALso, I think Miller will finish Wang off ,unless he has finally learned to listen to his corner.
Ultimate_fighter
6/17/07 2:48:22PM

Posted by hippysmacker

The new wagering syem will be here soon. It will be a house based odds system, no person to person wagers . ALso, I think Miller will finish Wang off ,unless he has finally learned to listen to his corner.

i was so frustrated when he would listen to penn, hopefully he listens this time..
Ydoc
6/17/07 3:21:43PM
Good to hear hippy. That'll keep people from abusing the system.

He won't have that luxury to able to hear his coach this time with the crowd being so loud.
Aether
6/17/07 4:28:13PM
which is why I'm counting on Cole to put him in a position where he has no choice but to use his biggest strength.
jdubs
6/17/07 5:34:04PM
wang, what a great last name... WAAAAAAAAAAANNNGGG
hippysmacker
6/17/07 5:55:45PM

Posted by Ydoc

Good to hear hippy. That'll keep people from abusing the system.

He won't have that luxury to able to hear his coach this time with the crowd being so loud.

That's a good point. he would actually have to listen his coaches before the match telling him to take him down and put him in their corner, to even be able to hear them. Sounds like a possible built in excuse not to listen to me
iwin
6/17/07 6:56:03PM
Andy wangs gonna lose
Aether
6/17/07 7:14:26PM
very possible, but cole's bread and butter is the ground, and I'm pretty sure no one here has any clue what andy's ground game is like since he refused to show it in his fight. I'm essentially just hoping that his black belt is well earned and that since cole really doesn't have much along the lines of standup that we'll end up seeing a ground war whether wang wants that or not.
rcg916
6/17/07 7:20:59PM
Kind of a bummer that theres not going to be p2p wagering... Unfortunately theres no way to keep everyone honest. Oh well!
Damien6663
6/17/07 10:14:16PM
I actually agree with you that andy matches up kinda well with cole.
BigTomZ
6/23/07 2:53:32PM
i am taking wang also, for some reason i think he will win this fight. though he did cry on the show. then again so did half the guys there.
Aether
6/23/07 4:10:29PM
to be fair, his opponent also cried. Although he cried because he won so I guess that's... more acceptable...

BigTomZ
6/23/07 4:15:50PM
Yeah that is true, half the fighters on the show cried. Whether you won or lost it is still not a good idea to cry in front of the cameras. Every time I see Tito Ortiz the first thing I think of is seeing him cry after Randy Couture wiped the floor with him.
nubby
6/23/07 4:29:14PM

Posted by BigTomZ

Yeah that is true, half the fighters on the show cried. Whether you won or lost it is still not a good idea to cry in front of the cameras. Every time I see Tito Ortiz the first thing I think of is seeing him cry after Randy Couture wiped the floor with him.

Die.
BigTomZ
6/23/07 4:48:43PM

Posted by nubby

Posted by BigTomZ

Die.

Tito fan I guess?
CanadianCripplr
6/23/07 7:37:23PM
Wang didnt just cry....he wailed. That was sick. If he doesnt redeem himself tonite we will never see him again. Unless they have an TUF 12 and are looking for some shoulda beens.....
nubby
6/23/07 8:54:56PM
Apparently he didn't redeem himself.
cmill21
6/23/07 9:07:50PM
nope got KTFO...round one...by a submission artist....
BigTomZ
6/23/07 10:22:45PM
did he cry again?
D-Boy
6/23/07 10:49:56PM

Posted by nubby

Apparently he didn't redeem himself.

First time he's been stopped too but I heard Cole preferes to fight on his feet
CanadianCripplr
6/23/07 11:19:15PM
Wang got smacked around. Why does this guy think hes a striker? They should let Weems have a crack at this guy.
Piccosaur
6/23/07 11:22:56PM
The only possible solution I can see here would be Wang vs. Fedor.
Ydoc
6/23/07 11:28:11PM

Posted by Piccosaur

PFFT! It'll only happen once Fedor stops ducking him!
BigSlick
6/24/07 1:45:50AM

Posted by Piccosaur

lmfao
BigSlick
6/24/07 1:46:59AM

Posted by Piccosaur

has anyone ever seen wang grapple? we keep hearing about his blackbelt blah blah blah, but is that just overrated?
Aether
6/24/07 1:59:01AM
meh, at least he tried to take it to the ground this time. I'm surprised cole had enough striking power to stop him like that when melendez was unable to do it though.
StorminYourman
6/24/07 5:15:37PM
His nickname should just be "Sucks"
kbak303
6/24/07 5:27:38PM

Posted by Aether

meh, at least he tried to take it to the ground this time. I'm surprised cole had enough striking power to stop him like that when melendez was unable to do it though.

but for a Black Belt in whichever kind of Judo...didn't his take down attempts look weak?

and then just take a loss like a man!!!!! whine cry whine cry..sounded like me at my divorce..blech...
Pages: [1] 2