Andrei to boxing after Fedor bout?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Andrei to boxing after Fedor bout?
Aaronno9
12/31/08 12:16:17PM
Link

Ok, so its probably B.S, but its worth a look.
tuvok500
12/31/08 12:25:51PM
It is the second time i read something about it.
I think AA leaving the UFC have something to do with the fact that he wasn't allowed to boxe.
wiggum
12/31/08 12:31:16PM
i wouldnt doubt his next fight would be in boxing...but valuev?....thats a bit of a stretch.....i think valuev isnt the greatest boxer espcially from a technique standpoint, more of a sideshow gimmic.....but unless they are going for media coverage and pay day (which they probably would in this case) i would give him a tune up or two to see if he can translate over to boxing before giving him a heavyweight title shot....course, like ya said, could be false and im just typing for the soul purpose of my boredom at work due to my anticipation to party tonight :)
The-Don
12/31/08 2:08:59PM

Posted by wiggum

i wouldnt doubt his next fight would be in boxing...but valuev?....thats a bit of a stretch.....i think valuev isnt the greatest boxer espcially from a technique standpoint, more of a sideshow gimmic.....but unless they are going for media coverage and pay day (which they probably would in this case) i would give him a tune up or two to see if he can translate over to boxing before giving him a heavyweight title shot....course, like ya said, could be false and im just typing for the soul purpose of my boredom at work due to my anticipation to party tonight :)

Why wouldn't they... Arvloski is going to be a huge draw Plus win or lose against Fedor he has good hands... good chin.. He should do pretty good in boxing.. though I hope he continues to do MMA as well
SmileR
12/31/08 3:33:50PM
It mightn't be as B.S as you think man. I was watching his live chats on arlovski.com and people have been asking him this for a while. As of right now he said he's completely focused on winning the title and training for Fedor but did hint that Roach wants him to dip his toes into the boxing scene. I doubt it'll his next fight though.

Roach has said he has awesome hands and could be a real force in HW boxing. I personally thing he'd tool Valuev. But I love the man so maybe its best not to take my advice on if he'd win....... I'd put money on the fact he'd beat Valuev though! His biggest challenge to date is a fight with a old and light Hollyfield who didn't look anywhere near his best.

cmill21
12/31/08 3:38:11PM
I would hope he could beat valuev, Evander did but he was robbed.
SmileR
12/31/08 3:45:54PM

Posted by cmill21

I would hope he could beat valuev, Evander did but he was robbed.

I know man! The judges should be ashamed of themselves, its no wonder people are turning off from boxing as fast as they are.
TheNatural915
12/31/08 6:34:30PM
I don't think he will do that good in boxing, its to hard to swith from MMA to boxing.
cmill21
1/1/09 3:22:02PM