Andrei Arlovsky - the most well rounded HW in the UFC

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Andrei Arlovsky - the most well rounded HW in the UFC
« Previous Page
mkiv9secsupra
3/15/08 11:47:58AM

Posted by Ordep

for the KO statement.... it's the HW Division from 205-265 saying that your opponent had weight advantage it's kind of nonsense because the weight range is so huge but you still need to be prepared, preparation its one of the most important part of the game and if you weight 220 or so and want to stay at HW you gotta be ready to eat punches from 265 guys if you cant handle that well, just cut to LHW and keep the excuses out.

all the more reason to split the heavyweight class. make a 235lb and a 265lb divison. Guys like Arlovski and CroCop and Randleman would all have a more size similar class. Then Sylvia, Lesnar, And Hunt could go to the 265 div. and guys like Rampage and Liddell who walk around in the 220's(approx) could bump up a weight and not have freak show fights like Rampage vs Sylvia.
saemskin
3/15/08 12:15:43PM
When he does return and gets whooped on by a top 5 HW, I'm going to make a post here in the lounge and it's just going to be me laughing and saying "I told you so."

UNLESS.....

he grows his bear suit back. His heart went out with his body suit hairiness.
Pitbull09
3/15/08 2:20:41PM
I agree with Randy's striking but I dont think you should say its because of Gonzaga's fight. The only reason he isnt a 3 out of 3 is because he couldnt stand with the best striking artist Liddell and got KOed twice.

The Gonzaga fight was amazing. He beat him him the face the whole first and half of the second rounds til they finally stopped it. The one hit he took did rock him but he continued coming foward with accurate punches and made it seem that it didnt bother him which could have avoided the fight flipping the other way.
Nightmare27
3/17/08 7:20:52PM

Posted by saemskin

When he does return and gets whooped on by a top 5 HW, I'm going to make a post here in the lounge and it's just going to be me laughing and saying "I told you so."

UNLESS.....

he grows his bear suit back. His heart went out with his body suit hairiness.

I completely agree. He's like Sampson, his kit was what gave him his strength.

Pookie
3/17/08 7:24:58PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by Ordep

for the KO statement.... it's the HW Division from 205-265 saying that your opponent had weight advantage it's kind of nonsense because the weight range is so huge but you still need to be prepared, preparation its one of the most important part of the game and if you weight 220 or so and want to stay at HW you gotta be ready to eat punches from 265 guys if you cant handle that well, just cut to LHW and keep the excuses out.

all the more reason to split the heavyweight class. make a 235lb and a 265lb divison. Guys like Arlovski and CroCop and Randleman would all have a more size similar class. Then Sylvia, Lesnar, And Hunt could go to the 265 div. and guys like Rampage and Liddell who walk around in the 220's(approx) could bump up a weight and not have freak show fights like Rampage vs Sylvia.

you do realize though that anybody at 255 could make 235 after cutting weight.

It would need to be a 220 division if you split it.
mkiv9secsupra
3/18/08 12:34:33AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by Ordep

you do realize though that anybody at 255 could make 235 after cutting weight.

It would need to be a 220 division if you split it.

you have a point. i was just focusing more on guys like Sylvia and Lesnar who have no chance of getting to 235. but 220 or 225 seems like a perfect weight class. The lighter weights are split every 10 pounds then they make a leap from 185 to 205 to 265...doesnt seem to consistent to me. But any any scenario i would love to see the heavyweight classes split.
Pages: 1 [2]