Andrei Arlovski's Opponent?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Andrei Arlovski's Opponent?
brodieros
2/18/07 12:48:53PM
Has anyone heard rumors of Andrei's next opponent?
Reignofterror
2/18/07 1:02:29PM
I'd be more happy to see Andrei Arlovski vs Crocop then I would to see Crocop vs Sylvia but I heard Crocop's facing Gonzaga in the UK so likelyhood of that happening is little.
pv3Hpv3p
2/18/07 2:47:41PM
Haven't heard anything set in stone, but Cheik Kongo is scheduled to be on the same card, so that might be an educated guess if nothing else....
brodieros
2/18/07 2:50:49PM
I think that would be a good test of his comeback from Tim.
nate22
2/18/07 2:55:19PM
Rumors so far...

Mirko Cro Cop vs. Gonzaga
Andrei Arlovski vs. Fabricio Werdum
Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin
Michael Bisping vs. Elvis Sinosic
Alessio Sakara vs. Victor Valimaki
Dennis Siver vs. TBA
David Lee vs. TBA
Abdul Mohamed vs. TBA
Jess Liaudin vs. TBA

possible match(es):
- Victor Valimaki vs. Alessio Sakara
- Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin

taken from

www.bloodyknux.com

Thank you BK
richieb19
2/18/07 3:08:24PM

Posted by nate22

Rumors so far...

Dennis Siver vs. TBA
David Lee vs. TBA
Abdul Mohamed vs. TBA
Jess Liaudin vs. TBA

possible match(es):

taken from

www.bloodyknux.com

Thank you BK

Where did you hear Werdum was going to be on the card? It makes some sence seeing as hes on the same team as CroCop, but I havent heard anything of the sort yet...
nate22
2/18/07 3:37:02PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by nate22

Rumors so far...

Dennis Siver vs. TBA
David Lee vs. TBA
Abdul Mohamed vs. TBA
Jess Liaudin vs. TBA

possible match(es):

taken from

www.bloodyknux.com

Thank you BK

Where did you hear Werdum was going to be on the card? It makes some sence seeing as hes on the same team as CroCop, but I havent heard anything of the sort yet...

I have no idea where they have taken the information from, but Bloodyknux for me is and has always been the most reliable source for MMA i've ever come across.
hippysmacker
2/18/07 3:48:59PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Haven't heard anything set in stone, but Cheik Kongo is scheduled to be on the same card, so that might be an educated guess if nothing else....

I think this is the most likely. As for Werdum, I think if a guy that good was signed by the UFC, they would be crowing about it . He's definately a top 10 HVY IMO, and would be a huge addition for them. Also, I think Werdum and Barnett are the only deserving challenger's in Pride Fedor hasn't fought yet. I think he would be wise to try Fedor before switching orgs. Add the fact that he does train with Cro-cop( most likely UFC HVY champ this year to me) and the possibilty that they may not even fight eachother. I think he should stay in Pride to at least see if he can beat Fedor since Cro-cop didn't.
loller90278
2/18/07 6:01:36PM
werdum > arlovksi
cant see the ufc makin that fight without hypin werdum
that'd be propesterous
nate22
2/18/07 8:08:24PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I think this is the most likely. As for Werdum, I think if a guy that good was signed by the UFC, they would be crowing about it . He's definately a top 10 HVY IMO, and would be a huge addition for them. Also, I think Werdum and Barnett are the only deserving challenger's in Pride Fedor hasn't fought yet. I think he would be wise to try Fedor before switching orgs. Add the fact that he does train with Cro-cop( most likely UFC HVY champ this year to me) and the possibilty that they may not even fight eachother. I think he should stay in Pride to at least see if he can beat Fedor since Cro-cop didn't.

Although I totally agree with the above, here is a thread from sherdog that apparantly has a little weight behind it, take it or leave it, it's sherdog.

Arlovski - Werdum

And apparantly Werdum and CC are not training anymore, another good point made is that they were both in the OWGP together so they can't have too many reservations about fighting one another.
hippysmacker
2/18/07 11:24:15PM
Nate, I hope your right, but I couldn't find anything conrete exact for poster's rumors. Werdum is a stud, so let's hope it happens.
Svartorm
2/18/07 11:38:37PM
I remember watching in interview with Werdum saying he was only going to stay in Croatia for a year or so, and that was about a year ago.

As for the UFC hyping him, it makes sense in a way that they wouldn't. They hyped Cro-cop and Rampage because they both have incredible KO power, which is what the new UFC fans want to see. Dudes like Nate the Great and Dean Lister fight dark matches, even though they're great ground fighters. It would make sense to put AA against him in that if AA wins, thats a big win for him, and Werdum is set aside. If AA gets subbed, then suddenly they have a rising star on their hands in Werdum.
hippysmacker
2/19/07 12:01:07AM

Posted by Svartorm

I remember watching in interview with Werdum saying he was only going to stay in Croatia for a year or so, and that was about a year ago.

As for the UFC hyping him, it makes sense in a way that they wouldn't. They hyped Cro-cop and Rampage because they both have incredible KO power, which is what the new UFC fans want to see. Dudes like Nate the Great and Dean Lister fight dark matches, even though they're great ground fighters. It would make sense to put AA against him in that if AA wins, thats a big win for him, and Werdum is set aside. If AA gets subbed, then suddenly they have a rising star on their hands in Werdum.

I see your point, but I think the UFC would have to pay a lot for a fighter of Werdum's caliber. Did Werdum actually say he left Cro-cops team? Was he living there? Just curious. I hope he's not training with Cro-cop if he is in the UFC, I would like to see them fight.
Svartorm
2/19/07 12:40:18AM
The interview I saw was old, but he said he likes to travel around and teach BJJ. He was staying in Spain before moving to Croatia, and said he was going to stay for a year or so. He was initially living with Cro-cop and then Cro-cop got a new house, so he had to get an apartment in Croatia. Not sure what hes up to nowadays though.
ManBeast
2/19/07 5:56:01AM

Posted by nate22

Rumors so far...

Dennis Siver vs. TBA
David Lee vs. TBA
Abdul Mohamed vs. TBA
Jess Liaudin vs. TBA

possible match(es):

taken from

www.bloodyknux.com

Thank you BK

i really hope they don't put on another Ortiz vs Griffin, Griffin won that fight imo and it would be pointless for them to fight again. I'd much rather see rampage destroy ortiz
nate22
2/19/07 6:08:03AM
Mate, you're telling me. I will weep if they took up a fight with Ortiz vs Griffin, i'm so fed up of seeing rematches between fighters I could care less about, it's not even funny. There's other fights for the guys in the division, they need to try to stop protecting their asset's so much and put on the fights that will help shape the division more coordinately.

No Ortiz-Rampage, however because it gives Tito that slight chance of beating him and being in the position to demand for a third fight with Chuck, and nobody wants to see that happen surely.

Bisping - Griffin
Rashad - Tito
Babalu (if he wins) - Jardine

Give Rampage to Chuck already and see what he's saying, that is one rematch I would actually love to see.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/19/07 6:11:34AM

Posted by ManBeast

Posted by nate22

Rumors so far...

Dennis Siver vs. TBA
David Lee vs. TBA
Abdul Mohamed vs. TBA
Jess Liaudin vs. TBA

possible match(es):

taken from

www.bloodyknux.com

Thank you BK

i really hope they don't put on another Ortiz vs Griffin, Griffin won that fight imo and it would be pointless for them to fight again. I'd much rather see rampage destroy ortiz

you kidding? Ortiz won that fight and it was his first fight in 18 months....he will whoop Forrest this time
hippysmacker
2/19/07 12:38:30PM
I think Tito's should be a 2 to 1 favorite if they fight, but I hope Forrest Ko's him. My brother and roommate would be crushed, while I would have to dance a jig in the living room.
madmarck
2/19/07 1:21:35PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Yeah there was a lot of speculation that Kongo was gonna face Cro Cop but now that looks unlikely. I would say AA vs Kongo is the most likely match up. This should be a good fight. I just hope Arlovski doesn't get KO'd...........
unchillphil
2/19/07 3:02:05PM
I believe Arlovski will be fighting Cheick Kongo.
pv3Hpv3p
2/19/07 3:20:07PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Yeah there was a lot of speculation that Kongo was gonna face Cro Cop but now that looks unlikely. I would say AA vs Kongo is the most likely match up. This should be a good fight. I just hope Arlovski doesn't get KO'd...........

Kongo is a beast and a hell of a striker, but AA is so damn technical / fast / & explosive that i don't think Kongo can't stand with him for a full round... It should be a great confidence builder if AA can get a KO of a good standup fighter...

Hopefully it's the next step in building AA back up to previous form, so we can see a real war when him and CC step into the octagon