Andrei Arlovski vs Josh Barnett Who Takes IT

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Andrei Arlovski vs Josh Barnett Who Takes IT
POLL: Arlovski or Barnett
Arlovski 45% (29)
Barnett 55% (36)
RandyCouture
8/4/08 6:31:30PM
I just found this Post I guess Fedor hurt his hand vs Sylvia and Arlovski vs Barnett is on. Who do you guys think takes it. Personally I think This will be a tough match up for both fighters and the winner will definitely take on Fedor for the belt. I got Arlovski winning on the feet but I think Barnett has the ground game for sure along with some good striking. Personally I think Barnett will take this one I see it going similar to the Rizzo vs Barnett fight but It could go either way. Your thoughts Guys.

I got Barnett winning via UD
Bowen50
8/4/08 6:35:01PM
i think Arlovski has the takedown defense to keep it standing, when here has the advantage.
Arlovski round 2 KO
SmileR
8/4/08 6:44:07PM
Andrei Arlovski.... that is all.
RandyCouture
8/4/08 6:56:13PM
I wanna go with arlovski so bad but I just cant pull the trigger hopefully it will be a good match.
Lockfrow
8/4/08 7:00:06PM
Josh will manhandle him standing and if it goes to the ground he has way better leg locks. I think Josh will rip AA's ACL in two in the second.
SmileR
8/4/08 7:03:36PM

Posted by Lockfrow

Josh will manhandle him standing and if it goes to the ground he has way better leg locks. I think Josh will rip AA's ACL in two in the second.

.... AA will toooool Barnett standing and on the floor hes no slouch. He has enough to cope with what Branett throws at him and more. AA FOR THE WIN!!!

Bowen50
8/4/08 7:05:56PM

Posted by Lockfrow

how in gods name will Barnett handle Arlovski standing? are you being sarcastic?
RandyCouture
8/4/08 7:10:10PM
Barnett has way underrated boxing but not to AA's caliber. I will see double leg locks and they will both tear there ACL lol
Cdellorso
8/4/08 7:20:10PM
tough one- wont be one sided like the last affliction card... ill take Barnett via rd 3 sub
postman
8/4/08 7:21:12PM
I think if AA looked great in his last fight but I also feel he let everything go due to the compition he was fighting. I don't want to call Rothwell a can but hes no Josh Barnett. I wonder if the stress of fighting another top guy will get to him like we saw in many of his last UFC fights.
loller90278
8/4/08 7:45:30PM
barnett will put arlovski on his back where arlovski feels the least comfortable and i see him being able to finish him there maybe with some sort of a submission like a kimora
Matimus
8/4/08 7:54:51PM
Barnett 2nd round sub
Mayhem13
8/4/08 9:42:32PM
Barnett can get caught up in the standup game sometimes...and I hope he tries it with Arlovski!!!

Arlovksi rnd 2 KO

Aether
8/5/08 1:18:47AM
hmmm... gotta go with barney on this one. It's a close call though, Andrei could score a TKO. While Arlovski is the better striker, I think Josh's standup is good enough to keep it competitive when it's standing, and when it hits the ground I think it will be all Barnett. Arlovski isn't bad on the ground but Barnett is better and he's also a little bit bigger.

I'm more interested in this fight than I was in fedor/arlovski but it's disappointing to see him out with these hand injuries again. It's going to be rough on Affliction if it continues. I see his hand being his eventual reason for retirement. He's always had problems with it.
tdietel01
8/5/08 10:35:54AM
As big as barnetts head seems to be, i think it will be a perfect target for the big right of AA! I remember watching the after fight interview and hearing things like "yeah the are good but they aint me"?? and i thought wow i hope this ass fights arlovski and gets his ass handed to him. now i get to see it and i will take an av bet on this! arlovski by tko!
KYGUY07
8/6/08 5:04:48PM
barnett by decison.
copcopps
8/6/08 7:08:02PM
OK we got my favorite Otaku and fighter ever vs a guy that fights out of Illinois.

Hmmm OK

If it went to the Ground, Barnett by submission

If it stands up Arlovski by TKO

there, it depends on where it goes. Both win somehow
Purge
8/9/08 6:43:34AM
Arlovski by KO in round 2.
AchillesHeel
8/11/08 9:46:51AM
Personally, I think both of these guys should be fighting Fedor, not just one of them. That said, it's a great matchup. I'm leaning towards Arlovski, although I think I'd rather see Barnett win. I won't be disappointed either way.
SymptomX
8/12/08 7:34:03AM
close fight if arlovski turns up for it.
barnett will stand with anyone to start off with, including arlovski.
but he'll have enough of that and take it to the ground.
arlovski's under rated on the ground, just like barnet is on the feet, but barnett is sure to catch him in the scramble and get hold of something and will end up with a submission round 2 or 3.
gcraig22
8/16/08 9:33:01AM
Barnett via G'N'P rd. 3. I think he will look to stay close and use his wrestling skills. Arlovski has good groung skills but he has not faced a man as big as Barnett with good groung skills. I think Barnett will Slam him, put him on his back, and rain down punches and hammerfists to Arlovski's temples.
prozacnation1978
8/17/08 6:59:28PM
ill go with andre via knock out to bad the ufc let him go his stock is rising
Franklinfan47
8/24/08 4:43:09PM
I gotta say Barney by UD. This should be a GREAT fight imo. Both are aces standing and on the ground but I just think Barnett is a little bit better than Arlvoski, even though I like AA better.
copcopps
8/24/08 10:54:07PM
I voted Barnett after a long time thinking I like this fight since either way I'm happy
gartface
8/25/08 9:09:22AM

Posted by Bowen50

Posted by Lockfrow

how in gods name will Barnett handle Arlovski standing? are you being sarcastic?

He stood and banged with Pedro Rizzo, who is quite good on the feet...he knocked him out. Barnett is a good boxer. With that being said, he'll take down Arlovski, pound him out, and get a sub in the 2nd or 3rd.