Andrei Arlovski interview - Talks Crocop and UFC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Andrei Arlovski interview - Talks Crocop and UFC
kastro_316
11/24/08 1:20:03PM
DreamFighters.com

Really good interview of Arlovski talking about Mirko, fedor, how he wanted to be a cop,a nd the UFC
Porch28
11/24/08 2:02:36PM
I honestly feel AA is going to take out Fedor. He's been more active and has fought far better talent then Fedor has recently and now with Roach in his corner look out. I don't know if fans of MMA truly understand who Freddie Roach is. He is going to do wonders for AA.. WAR ANDREI!!!!!!!
The-Don
11/24/08 2:23:49PM
This was already posted.. But Fedor is still going to Win this match up.
kasual
11/24/08 3:25:52PM
I could see Arlovski posing some problems for Fedor, great movement and extreme athleticism are going to tough for anyone to approach. At the same time, Andrei has a weak chin and Fedor would only need to tap that once to put him out or in a position to be tapped easily. I think that Andrei will take Fedor into the later rounds but eventually succumb to a submission or ground and pound. That being said, I think Andrei has the best chance of stopping Fedor of anyone he has faced for sometime. Whatever happens I'm looking forward to one of the most exciting heavyweight tilts in recent memory. I personally consider this to be a more interesting proposition than seeing Fedor and Barnett lock it up, I like Josh but his style just doesn't match up well with a ground and pound machine. I would rather see Barnett and Werdum.
gsquat
11/24/08 3:39:01PM
Arlovski certainly didn't feel like saying much. He's nothing Fedor hasn't faced before. It's a shame he has to lose after these ko's he's been registering lately.
EpicTerran
11/24/08 4:02:25PM

Posted by Porch28

I honestly feel AA is going to take out Fedor. He's been more active and has fought far better talent then Fedor has recently and now with Roach in his corner look out. I don't know if fans of MMA truly understand who Freddie Roach is. He is going to do wonders for AA.. WAR ANDREI!!!!!!!

I'd agree with you if this was a boxing match, Roach is def going to help AA. But this is MMA , having a sweet boxing coach isn't enough to make me think AA is going to beat Fedor.
xAcidburNx
11/24/08 4:14:06PM

Posted by EpicTerran

Posted by Porch28

I'd agree with you if this was a boxing match, Roach is def going to help AA. But this is MMA , having a sweet boxing coach isn't enough to make me think AA is going to beat Fedor.

Word
motorboatensob
11/24/08 4:53:22PM
Watch and see Fedor will come at AA just like he did big Tim he will either hit him and take him out or rattle him so bad that AA is no good the rest of the fight. Remember AA doesn't like to get hit that was his problem against Tim.
PaleHorse
11/24/08 6:04:52PM

Posted by gsquat

Arlovski certainly didn't feel like saying much. He's nothing Fedor hasn't faced before. It's a shame he has to lose after these ko's he's been registering lately.

He never says very much, and Fedor has never been against another great Sambo guy in a MMA match, plus Andrei is quick and might be able to keep up with Fedor's hands, I'm still going with Fedor as I'm sure most people are but I wouldn't be too shocked if Arlovski pulled off the upset.
cmill21
11/24/08 6:37:09PM
I would still pick Fedor in a boxing or kickboxing match.
Bloodhound
11/24/08 7:43:01PM
^^i dont think Fedor could beat him in Boxing, but im pullin for AA and cant wait to see his boxing debut
holt8081
11/24/08 7:44:44PM
I would love to see AA win this, and I think he will give a good fight............a lot better the Tim S. any way.
mrsmiley
11/24/08 8:03:54PM
I agree with what AA said on CC's situation.
Every fighter goes through that mental breakdown sooner or later.
It's just that most don't recover.

AA is great,and the best B-Day present I can have is watching him fight Fedor.
However,watch the second round of Rothwell/AA and that's how the whole fight with Fedor will be.
Rush
11/24/08 8:36:33PM
I'm still thinking Fedor by Rd 1 armbar.

Posted by holt8081

I would love to see AA win this, and I think he will give a good fight............a lot better the Tim S. any way.

Isn't this what people thought about the Sylvia fight? I know I thought Tim's reach would have made it at least interesting. Alas, he go smoked.
cmill21
11/24/08 10:54:24PM

Posted by Bloodhound

^^i dont think Fedor could beat him in Boxing, but im pullin for AA and cant wait to see his boxing debut

I've been hearing sick things out of Holland about Fedor for a few years now. He smoked Cro Cop's ass on the feet don't forget.
sfrice1031
11/25/08 9:39:31AM
I think the upcoming match match with AA and Fedor is the match I'm looking forward to the most I honestly cant say yet who I think will win. I'm sure this will be an awesome match.
The-Don
11/25/08 11:57:56AM
what really bothers me is still people are saying Fedor has not fought any good.. and while this may be true. Everyone Fedor fights does not look good against him. with one or two notable exceptions but Fedor still controlled the whole fight those times. And I like AA but I see Fedor beating him pretty handily just like he has done with all his recent competition. True AA might be the best he has fought as of late.. but there really does not seem to be anyone on Fedor's level... All the supposed top fighters and these guys are awesome.. are still not at Fedor's Level.. and just because a person may not have fought the supposed top competition does not mean he is still not training as hard as he can and constantly pushing himself to become better and all I have ever heard about Fedor's training is that he just keeps pushing himself harder and harder. I certainly think AA will give him a better fight then Tim did.. least I expect him to.. but I am not going to be surprised one bit by a first round stoppage or submission I'll be more surprised if it goes past the first round.