Andrei Arlovski to Fight in Next “Couple Months”

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Andrei Arlovski to Fight in Next “Couple Months”
tuvok500
12/31/07 12:15:10AM
Former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski, a 28-year-old fighter who hasn’t competed professionally in nearly nine months, will likely be added to a UFC fight card sometime in the next couple months.

UFC President Dana White mentioned the timetable during Saturday’s post-UFC 79 press conference.

“We’re talking to (Arlovski) right now,” White said. “He’ll probably fight in a couple months.“

link

what about Montreal !! lol

juanez13
12/31/07 12:19:45AM
Nice, its about time if you ask me....i really hope they match him up against cheick kongo, or brandon vera.....which is very likely since there hasnt been any rumors lately of cheick kongo's next opponent, and same with vera......Cro Cop is another possible opponent,but i doubt it they'll have him fight cro cop........im trying to think of other possible match ups but right now i cant think straight...but all i hope is that they dont give him a can....
Twenty20Dollars
12/31/07 12:31:17AM
Kongo vs Andrei would be badass
Shawn17
12/31/07 12:54:07AM
ya it should be kongo v. AA, i think AA would take it tho.
cmill21
12/31/07 1:25:30AM

Posted by Shawn17

He would sub kongo with a leg lock in :58 seconds mark those words. I'd rather see AA and Cro Cop. AA's chin would be put to the test of a K-1 striker.
bullettdodger
12/31/07 4:16:52AM
AA vs anyone is fine by me as long as i get to see him fight again
nickcuc547
12/31/07 7:52:04AM
i want aa vs. cro cop. that would be a bad ass fight.
babytater03
12/31/07 8:12:44AM

Posted by Shawn17

If it's the hungry AA that won the interim title, then yes. If it's the shy dancing boxer that lost to Big Tim and outlasted Werdum, then its a toss up.
DCRage
12/31/07 9:28:44AM
Obvious question: Does this mean they're talking new contract? I know AA only has one fight left on his current deal, which has all but cost him another title shot.
SmileR
12/31/07 11:08:03AM
I hope he hasn't signed a new deal an goes out to prove he's still a top 5 HW! Arlovski is the man he'll maul anyone they put in front of him.

I'd love it to be AA Vs CroCop
Twenty20Dollars
12/31/07 11:48:52AM
I think Andrei will fight his last fight and then work out a contract with someone or UFC
tuvok500
12/31/07 12:37:57PM

Posted by SmileR

I hope he hasn't signed a new deal an goes out to prove he's still a top 5 HW! Arlovski is the man he'll maul anyone they put in front of him.

How can you prove that you are a top 5 fighter if you fight cans in a low-level organization ??

the only real way to stay on top is to fight the best fighters who are at 99% in the UFC.

I don't think AA will go out just to fight 1 time agianst Fedor and after that WHAT ???

Pinball
12/31/07 1:27:02PM
Sounds like Cro-Cop is about ready to fight again, so that may be a feasable fight.... AA vs CC
SmileR
12/31/07 3:03:49PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by SmileR

How can you prove that you are a top 5 fighter if you fight cans in a low-level organization ??

the only real way to stay on top is to fight the best fighters who are at 99% in the UFC.

I don't think AA will go out just to fight 1 time agianst Fedor and after that WHAT ???

I meant i wanted him to fight like the animal he is an then resign for more money! I'm just a dope an wrote it weird. Sorry man. I'll put money on his next being a war!! I love him.
jae_1833
12/31/07 6:41:25PM
So many possible match ups for AA....CroCop being my first pick, but wouldn't mind seeing him get Kongo, Sanchez, or even Wellisch. The last being his easiest fight IMO.
Boo_Radley21
12/31/07 9:06:34PM
Good news. Can't wait to see him back.
prozacnation1978
1/1/08 12:17:38AM
since the franklin fight is gone for a co main event they might add arlovski too it maybe against vera or cro cop, it will be nice to see him fight again