Andrei Arlovfski vs. Vitor Belfort (open weight)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Andrei Arlovfski vs. Vitor Belfort (open weight)
POLL: Andrei Arlovfski vs. Viltor Belfort
Arlovfski 85% (23)
Belfort 15% (4)
meier
1/29/07 6:46:13PM
sorry another poll. but i do like this for a match up
hippysmacker
1/29/07 6:53:00PM
Since they are in different weights I don't know how fair this is. I beleve Arlovski would wup him, KO round 1.
D-Boy
1/29/07 6:54:38PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Since they are in different weights I don't know how fair this is. I beleve Arlovski would wup him, KO round 1.

Indeed it's an unfair match up
meier
1/29/07 6:54:54PM
that i know they are in diff weight classes. but in a open weight they could. but none the less a match i would love to see.
pv3Hpv3p
1/29/07 7:13:21PM
Vitor then? Or Vitor now?...

I think the old Vitor, the 19-20y/o Phenom Vitor, would've put up a hell of a fight. Andrei is so fast for a man his size (which is a lot bigger than Vitor), so accurate with his puches, and just plain vicious. That and Belfort unfortunatley seems to have lost a step. But even in his prime, I'd still go with AA. Would have been exciting to watch though
Stickan
1/29/07 8:03:10PM
Even though Arlovski has a suspect chin I'd say he would overpower Vitor and win a dominating decision.
pv3Hpv3p
1/29/07 8:42:01PM

Posted by Stickan

Even though Arlovski has a suspect chin I'd say he would overpower Vitor and win a dominating decision.

I don't understand why eveyone thinks Andrei has a bad chin... I know 3 of his five losses are KO's, but really take a look at it:

Silvia is a giant. Everybody slams his recent 'style' and seems to forget that he was folding cats up for a couple of years till he sort of hit a wall in that Assuerio fight.

Pedro Rizzo was a striking god back in the day. His laundry list of knockouts includes Tank, Vernon White and Barnett (not to mention a fairly impressive Muay Thai record). There is no shame in being KO'd by Pedro

And Datsik... Well come on, the kid was twenty, and it was his first MMA bout, I'll cut him some slack.

I don't count Ricco, he overpowered and beat AA plain and simple... Sorry to get so wordy, but I just don't think that Andrei gets a fair shake in this argument...
thelastking
1/29/07 11:28:44PM
Arlovski would just be to much for Belfort kinda unfair matchup
allevil86
1/30/07 11:58:49AM
Arlovski by not being even a remotely close fight
amik
1/31/07 12:05:25PM
KO (1-2 left jab + right straight) of arlovski in round 2.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
pv3Hpv3p
2/2/07 5:02:20PM

Posted by amik

KO (1-2 left jab + right straight) of arlovski in round 2.

I think you either meant 'for Arlovski' or right jab + left straight if you were talking about Vitor
theKirK
2/5/07 1:43:18AM
Even in his prime, Vitor seemed to give in and half ass a fighter after a few minutes on things not going his way.

Even if AA droped a weight class and fought 20 yr old Vitor as a LHW, i still give it to Arlovski, 2 Rnd KO
madmarck
2/5/07 9:57:10AM
Vitor Couldnt Take AA. Would be a good fight though. Kinda hate to wathc though. One of those fights where you like both fighters and dont know who to cheer for.