Andrei 'The Pitbull' Arlovski vs. Gabriel 'Napau' Gonzaga

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Andrei 'The Pitbull' Arlovski vs. Gabriel 'Napau' Gonzaga
ufc88
8/26/07 8:20:19PM
is this a possibility in the near future? even if it isn't how would this fight play out...
loonytnt
8/26/07 8:23:04PM
AA the pitbull would eat him up
patdaddy
8/26/07 8:34:26PM
i think AA would win, but not as easily he everyone else may think... he doesnt have a solid chin, so he's have to be careful bout gettin caught. but i think he is a better striker, an alot faster and think he would knock out GG in 2nd rd.. if fight goes on ground itd be interesting, i think both sub games are great, so whoever is on top most would have advantage...
tuvok500
8/26/07 8:53:50PM
well , i think gonzaga will win this one guys.

arlowski is not couture , he will go down on his back for sure against the big gonzaga.

Twenty20Dollars
8/26/07 9:23:22PM
I dont think this fight will happen. How about Big Nog vs GG, I'd rather see that match up for sure. Then if Nog wins maybe a title shot? Vera wins, him and AA fight? just throwing stuff out there.
bayonetxwork
8/26/07 9:48:04PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I dont think this fight will happen. How about Big Nog vs GG, I'd rather see that match up for sure. Then if Nog wins maybe a title shot? Vera wins, him and AA fight? just throwing stuff out there.

That sounds good to be me. There is no way in hell Big Nog deserves a shot at the title already. I don't care what he's done in the past, he still doesn't deserve one. I'd like to see AA vs Vera also though, would be a great fight.
mkiv9secsupra
8/26/07 10:11:26PM

Posted by tuvok500

well , i think gonzaga will win this one guys.

arlowski is not couture , he will go down on his back for sure against the big gonzaga.

yeah the strong sambo background supports that statement completely.... ....

Arlovski is a great kickboxer but his forte is his Sambo.
sakurabaforever
8/26/07 10:16:46PM
Shouldn't be that much different then Arlovski-Werdum...maybe more brutal if AA lets his hands fly.

GG doesn't bring much more to the table then Werdum (watch Werdum vs GG if you think GG is some unbeatable god...look what a small JJ fighter did to him, Arlovski is a larger STRIKER).

JimiMak
8/26/07 10:16:51PM
So if Nog doesn't deserve a shot who does? I think it's the most interesting possibility now.
Twenty20Dollars
8/26/07 11:04:45PM
I really think Nog doesnt earn a title shot because of his preformance againest Heath Herring wasnt impressive. Big Nog should fight AA or GG and then if he wins then a title shot.
AmericanFighterAce
8/26/07 11:17:15PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I really think Nog doesnt earn a title shot because of his preformance againest Heath Herring wasnt impressive. Big Nog should fight AA or GG and then if he wins then a title shot.

Once again 20, I agree with you here.

Big Nog should fight the winner of: Mirko Cro Cop/Chieck Kongo or Brandon Vera/Tim Slyvia.

Napao vs. Andrei witness, because Napao is deadly on his feet, same with Andrei, but I see Napao taking down Andrei and submitting him.

Napao vs. Big Nog... *drools* that match would show beautiful jiu-jitsu skills, and that would be just an incredible showing, but Napao wont fight again this year most likely.

Big Nog needs to fight again this year.. and since Vera/Slyvia, Cro Cop/Kongo are fighting in October, I dont see none of these 4 guys fighting again this year, even though Vera wants to, I just do not see it happening.

There are only two heavyweights that Big Nog could fight that are making there way up the chain..
Andrei
or..
call me crazy.....

FRANK MIR.

Even though Frank Mir could die if he does not show up mentally, but man if The Real Frank Mir is back.. and he fights Big Nog...

WOW.
postman
8/27/07 12:06:35AM
I see the HW like this:
If Cro Cop beats Kongo
Cro Cop v Big Nog= winner gets title shot.
And to set up the field
Vera v AA
Big Tim v Frank Mir
GG V Werdum 2
Heath Herring v Kongo
Pitbull09
8/27/07 12:14:40AM
If the rumors are true about Brock Lensar coming, AA would be the perfect fighter to destory him and shut him up.

However, this fight would be great to send AA back up the card and send GG farther down where he should be.

Hope either fight happens
kimoron
8/27/07 5:06:57AM
i give this one to arlovski. i think his superior footwork and quickness would be the deciding factor in this one. i think he could keep it standing and pick gg apart and get the decision.
Mastodon2
8/27/07 9:46:46AM
Andrei would take it. He will come back on fire at some point, and we will see the Pitbull again instead of the poodle. When that Andrei comes out, Gonzaga doesnt have a chance. He will get annihilated by Andrei's speed and ferocity!
nate22
8/27/07 10:07:35AM
I really see Andrei having alot of trouble with Gonzaga. GG will score the takedown and I'm sure find a sub or a tko from the ground.