Andre

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Andre
Pitbull09
8/16/07 11:37:57PM
So in Adres interview, they said Dana White wasnt impressed with his last fight and its setting him back. Thatis completely unfair. So many ther fighter that loose their title always play it safe in their matchs to get back to the top and avoid any lucky KO. Matt Hughes did it with swick, Im sure chukc will do it with Jardine.
Do you guys think its fair AA is getting set back for "a win" in the UFC
kaduey
8/17/07 12:18:40AM

Posted by Pitbull09

So in Adres interview, they said Dana White wasnt impressed with his last fight and its setting him back. Thatis completely unfair. So many ther fighter that loose their title always play it safe in their matchs to get back to the top and avoid any lucky KO. Matt Hughes did it with swick, Im sure chukc will do it with Jardine.

I think you meant Lytle instead of Swick, but I do thin kit's bullshit that he's being treated this way by the UFC. Arlovski is a great fighter and very marketable. I also don't Liddell will play it safe with Jardine because he didn't take a beating from Rampage, he got caught so Chuck will most likely be very hungry and looking to takr Jardine's head off.
hippysmacker
8/17/07 2:47:47AM
I agree with Dana. Arlovski looked tentative to me. It's the same reason Sylvia is taking a lot of flack. I'm a fan of his and I hope he makes it back to the aggressive fighter he was. He made it back from the brutal Rizzo KO , I think he can get his mind right again. Also, I don't think Hughes was cautious, I think he was smart to get back to what made him great . He's a strong ground fighter. Starting to think he was a stand up fighter is what got him in trouble IMO.
LR
8/17/07 9:31:35AM
I agree with Dana as well. Arlovski looked HORRIBLE. Werdum should have taken his ass down and shown the world that being a hesitant cautious fighter against a superior ground guy is WRONG. But Werdum played the same fight and lost. Arlovski's performance was just flat out bad, even to experienced MMA fans who like to see ground games, they were even booing this performance.
juanez13
8/17/07 11:09:16AM

Posted by LR

I agree with Dana as well. Arlovski looked HORRIBLE. Werdum should have taken his ass down and shown the world that being a hesitant cautious fighter against a superior ground guy is WRONG. But Werdum played the same fight and lost. Arlovski's performance was just flat out bad, even to experienced MMA fans who like to see ground games, they were even booing this performance.

LR the problem was that werdum DID want to take him down but he couldnt, if you didnt know andrei is a very good grappler, he is very good at sambo.....bu i do agree with hippysmacker that he should get his fire back, and if he does he is a force to dealt with....
LR
8/17/07 11:16:16AM
I know Arlovski is a DECENT grappler. He won the junior Sambo championships, but that was quite a while ago, and he hasn't really shown his ground game in the UFC. He showed it against Sylvia, but other than that, he's mostly a standup fighter. Werdum is world class in his ju-jitsu. Sambo really has nothing to do with the fact that Werdum didn't take the chances to take down Arlovski. They both stood there. I mean, if you look at Fedor, his Sambo is used in every part of his game. Arlovski doesn't do that. He uses it when he absolutely needs a reversal, but even when on his back, he's not particularly adept to using it. Werdum should have shot more, and he should have realized he was losing that fight by the second round.
juanez13
8/17/07 11:29:34AM

Posted by LR

I know Arlovski is a DECENT grappler. He won the junior Sambo championships, but that was quite a while ago, and he hasn't really shown his ground game in the UFC. He showed it against Sylvia, but other than that, he's mostly a standup fighter. Werdum is world class in his ju-jitsu. Sambo really has nothing to do with the fact that Werdum didn't take the chances to take down Arlovski. They both stood there. I mean, if you look at Fedor, his Sambo is used in every part of his game. Arlovski doesn't do that. He uses it when he absolutely needs a reversal, but even when on his back, he's not particularly adept to using it. Werdum should have shot more, and he should have realized he was losing that fight by the second round.

i know arlovski doesnt use his sambo like fedor does, but thats beacuse he doesnt want to, because his stand up is what he uses most, but his sambo is good enough to keep the fight standing , and andrei has very fast hands, and if werdum would have shot more for takedowns he would have been caught and KO'd, and he knew that, thats why they where both so tentative, andrei didnt want to go all out beacuse he didnt want to get taken down, and werdum didnt try enough to take it to the ground becuase he didnt want to get caught......
LR
8/17/07 11:36:33AM
Exactly. Both their styles just made the fight a stalemate, but when that happens, someone has to take a chance.
pv3Hpv3p
8/17/07 11:37:19AM

Posted by Pitbull09

While a lot of people might compare this to Matt Hughes getting another shot after his Lytle win... I think we have to remember that AA did get his immediate rematch and lost the dec to Big Tim in that rubber match.

He's only fought PdP and Cruz since that loss... And while I enjoyed the Cruz fight, it was steeped in controversy... And we all know what happened against Werdum.

IMO, the UFC has a strong enough hvywgt div to set up a few more a-level matchups, and start making the road to the championship a little more difficult