Anderson waiting for Gsp

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Anderson waiting for Gsp
Juniordosequi
9/2/12 4:27:12PM
With Anderson waiting for gsp.. and sonnen moving up in weight.. That makes Bisping the best middle weight in the ufc. As an English man it makes me proud to have a fellow who is most likely the most popular face of the uk represent one of the most stack divisions out there. Does anybody in the middle weight division stack up against Bisping skill wise.
airkerma
9/2/12 4:38:28PM

Posted by Juniordosequi

With Anderson waiting for gsp.. and sonnen moving up in weight.. That makes Bisping the best middle weight in the ufc. As an English man it makes me proud to have a fellow who is most likely the most popular face of the uk represent one of the most stack divisions out there. Does anybody in the middle weight division stack up against Bisping skill wise.

Belcher, Belfort (MIA), Okami, Wanderlie, Tim Boestch, and Weidman all come to mind.
KingCmb
9/2/12 4:43:45PM
......your going pretty far out to say bispings the best 185er all the sudden andy is still champ no matter how you phrase it. also people i believe can beat bisping at 185 are still plentiful. okami vitor franklin wandy(again) weidman munoz just to name a few. in short you seem like a proud englishman and thats ok be happy you have the count but best 185er by default is a bit much
Chael_Sonnen
9/2/12 4:56:32PM

Posted by Juniordosequi

The answer to your funny question is 85% of the MW division.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
george112
9/2/12 5:25:24PM
Bisping imo isn't the best mw in the UFC. Especially if a #1 contenders discussion involves more then 1 person. There have been threads made about other MWs stating their case for 2nd best MW
ghandikush
9/2/12 5:28:10PM
Sonnen, Okami, Belcher, Wanderlei, Le, WEIDMAN, Boetsch.....
thevoodooninja
9/2/12 5:42:50PM
first off welcome to the site

i agree with the TS to a point. i do think bisping is better then what most people give him credit for. he's a smart fighter but to say he's the best is getting a little crazy. he kinda reminds me of an okami that doesn't take as many risks.weidman, belcher and belfort would most likely put a hurting on him but i don't think anyone else would do enough to beat him
JLS1980
9/2/12 5:56:34PM
Well lets just say we don't put Chael Sonnen or Vitor Belfort in the mix because they are maybe temporarily or permanently fighting in the LHW division for the time being. But they are both better than Bisping IMO.

Then you still have Anderson who's the best and the champ. Then you have Chris Wiedman, the #1 contender. They are both better IMO and most other people's opinion as well.

Then you have your boy Bisping, that's about where I would see him#5 roughly. He's got a match coming up in 3 weeks against Brian Stann that he shouldn't just be looking past. However I do think Bisping will win that one.

Then you have a slew of other guys that are either in or near the top 10 that could arguably beat Bisping. Some names off the top of my head are; Tim Boetsch, Okami, Alan Belcher, Hector Lombard, Mark Munoz, and Jake Shields. Anyone of those matchups could go either way and could/would be great matchups.
tcunningham
9/3/12 3:15:25AM
i think he can argue the point that bisping is the best 185'er under andy. i dont necessarily agree because he needs to fight stann and weidman first, but i do think that bisping is top 3. with out him fighting a few other guys we just cant make any kind of statement like that.
State_Champ
9/3/12 7:44:24AM
Bisping vs Belfort would be cool
prozacnation1978
9/3/12 10:32:15AM
I don't know about that.
I do think that if bisping does beat stann
And wants a title shot I bet Silva would take it before he faces gsp. I think there could be at least 700k of ppv buyers out there that wants to see bisping get knocked out
Vero3
9/4/12 3:35:04PM
I agree with you on this one.