ANDERSON SILVAS MATCH UPS BEFORE HE RETIRES!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » ANDERSON SILVAS MATCH UPS BEFORE HE RETIRES!
Bruce_Lee1
1/9/10 11:02:21PM
people say anderson silva is the best mma fighter in world mainly ufc fans but personally i think its fedor then anderson in 2nd place , anderson silva is planning on retiring once his ufc contract is up 4 or more fights i personally think he should go out with a bang and have nothing but super fights which could make him the number 1 of all time heres why , looking at andersons fight record hes fought 11 times in the ufc only 4 fights have been with great fighters the rest have been basically tomato cans compared to andersons skill hardly a great record for someone whos meant to be the best so i dont think he should fight any one in the middle weight division as i think hes basically cleaned it out and no one comes close to him so time to step things up, here are some matchups for the future first
anderson vs gsp {super fight at welter / middle or a catch weight } then i think he should move up to light heavy and fight for the title but because lyoto is his friend he wont fight him so hopefully lyoto will lose his title to rua and next matchup {anderson vs rua } he should step up to heavy weight because his walking around weight is 215 heavy weight matchup {anderson vs mir} then fight brock or who ever is the heavyweight champion at that time ,then leave the ufc and fight the man himself fedor to become the best ever mma fighter of all time!!!!
papercut
1/10/10 12:27:37AM
with the exception of anderson/gsp i say no. he hasnt earned a title shot in at lhw and would get destroyed by the heavyweight division. the top tier anyway. not by talent but by the sheer size difference alone.
Cdellorso
1/10/10 12:40:09AM
bj penn is the p4p best and would fight silva before GSP would but GSP might take it to siva... HMMM
tcunningham
1/10/10 1:29:56AM
hes got no business fighting in HW. mir would smash him. i dont think GSP will fight him ever. a fight with Shogun would be good though. personally i think he should take some more fights at LHW. rashad, thiago, rampage. also i think he should give nate marquart another shot if vitor doesnt beat him.
mrsmiley
1/10/10 7:27:14AM
I don't think Anderson will retire when his contract is up.
Personally,that seems like a little white lie that helps keep the peace with the brass at Zuffa.
When his contract is up he could just as easily go and fight Fedor or Roy Jones Jr. Anderson could easily make the statement that he came out of retirement.
Bruce_Lee1
1/10/10 10:02:14AM
I respect your opinion but dana wants to give him a title shot at light heavy if lyoto wasnt a good friend to anderson he would be fighting for the title , also he destroyed a top 3 lhw in forrest griffin who was also former lhw champ in a way no other lhw fighter has done before that deserves a title shot in my books , and for the heavy weight division ive only suggested this beacuse silva is planning to retire soon why not test his skills to the limit hes no ordinary champion you never know in the heavy weight division he might just be too fast and skillfull and they might not be able to get near him wanderlai silva stepped to up heavy weight in pride and won a fight or 2 outsized by everyone i just think in his last few fights he shouldnt be fighting tomato cans to him , why not make his last fights all super fights and go out with a BANG!!!!
hate4thestate
1/10/10 10:50:26AM

Posted by Bruce_Lee1

I respect your opinion but dana wants to give him a title shot at light heavy if lyoto wasnt a good friend to anderson he would be fighting for the title , also he destroyed a top 3 lhw in forrest griffin who was also former lhw champ in a way no other lhw fighter has done before that deserves a title shot in my books , and for the heavy weight division ive only suggested this beacuse silva is planning to retire soon why not test his skills to the limit hes no ordinary champion you never know in the heavy weight division he might just be too fast and skillfull and they might not be able to get near him wanderlai silva stepped to up heavy weight in pride and won a fight or 2 outsized by everyone i just think in his last few fights he shouldnt be fighting tomato cans to him , why not make his last fights all super fights and go out with a BANG!!!!

really? griffin a top 3 lhw? not trying to put u down or anything but griffin is most certaintly not a top 3 lhw. but should be in the top ten. i would be extremely interested in a shogun sliva matchup (top 3 lhw) but the only way i think this will happen is if shogun loses to machida in the rematch. silva has said he wont even fight for the belt at lhw to not intefere with machida so im assuming if shogun loses he very well could fight silva.

i would like to silva in the hw division against some lesser competition ( by lesser competition i mean not a top ten guy)before i could make a judgement about him continuing in that division or not. maybe give him pat barry to see where he stands in the division. barry would be a tough challenge but not like fighting a mir or dos santos. let him test the waters before he goes in the deep end.
Gipper
1/10/10 3:03:02PM
i think his biggest test in his career will be his next fight. I have a feeling there could be a belfort-silva II and possibly III
CwB
1/10/10 6:34:51PM
The fights I want to see

Silva vs Shogun
Silva vs GSP
Silva vs Belfort (yay its happening)

Others I wish to see

vs Hendo ll (damnit)

vs Fedor ( Two legends with not a huge size difference)

vs Roy Jones Jr. (Damnit I dont care who wins I just want to witness it)
NatedawgThaM
1/19/10 5:35:16PM
I wanna see him fight Jacare. If anybody could beat him I think Jacare could just because he has sick takedowns and BJJ.
State_Champ
1/19/10 9:31:59PM
Silva vs Mir
Silva vs Shogun
Silva vs Rampage (just to satisfy my own morbid curiosity)
casketcoin
1/29/10 8:16:36PM
Belfort
GSP
Shogun
Fedor
Remy Bonjasky
Nick Diaz
MOUSASSI